Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 19, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #73,681 of 150,788
Chilly on July 2nd? I'm surprised there's a line at all at Ice Station Zebra. :smile: :smile:
Summer comes one day in August here in Bozeman. The specific day changes each year! There is an event called the Bridger Ridge Run that happens in late August where people with limited mental capacity literally run the mountain ridge tops here. The course is 20 miles long and people can take up to 10 hours to finish. I used to provide communication support via ham radio at the finish line and was up there by 4 AM to get set up. Those early mornings in the foothills could get chilly. I'd be up there in shorts, but have on the coat I use for -20 in the wintertime in the morning!

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #73,682 of 150,788
Fun fact - NC BBQ is also closely associated with a fruit. People have been known to use durian to mask the 'flavor' and smell of NC BBQ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

From the article which, until recently, was titled Durian and NC BBQ - "whereas others find the aroma overpowering with an unpleasant odour. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine and raw sewage."

One thing I gotta say as a Singaporean, do not consume durians and beer at the same time. This combo has been known for making people here really ill

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #73,685 of 150,788
I'll just leave this here:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.10.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.10.34 AM.png
    398.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 19, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #73,686 of 150,788
I didn't realize that a GE card worked. I simply used my passport until I did, eventually, brave the DMV in NC. Even that was a challenge, as my CA license was never a REALID they made me get a regular license (which of course means a utility bill, - just moved here, etc, etc) with, IIRC, 3 weeks and then produce all the same stuff again to get a REALID.

And in NC care registration and driver licenses are usually at different offices.

Mutter, mitten, mutter.
Lol! CA DMV here couldn’t find Social Security number on a 1099 form I took in, demanded Social Security card. Had to gently point out that it’s labeled as TIN (Taxpayer identification number) on tax forms. Sigh... But i usually used global entry as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back