Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 11, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #73,111 of 149,786
Ok, fine. One for the masses.

Attachments

• F600A9CA-F5DE-45B5-BAFB-6DD7A7766051.jpeg
    F600A9CA-F5DE-45B5-BAFB-6DD7A7766051.jpeg
    697.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #73,114 of 149,786
I haven't worn a shirt to work in more then a year either.
Your workmates asked me to pass along that you really should shave your back. :confused:

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #73,115 of 149,786
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #73,116 of 149,786
...what does Scotch even taste like? I've never tried it (seriously).
That's a bit like asking, "What does beer taste like?"

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #73,117 of 149,786
Good discussion. I contend that "feelings" are precisely where it needs to start. There is no easy-to-see bright line between someone made to "feel" marginalized and overt racism, sexism, misogyny, bigotry, etc. If you feel like you are being marginalized by depictions of cannabis use, then you have every right to complain about it to the appropriate entities. And you should. What if I told you that your feelings were ignorant and immature? That you have no right to feel that way because you'd just better get with the mainstream and suck it up? That if you don't then you will be derided by society and forced to live your life surrounded by images of people mocking your beliefs? That your feelings will be trivialized and derided because they do not conform to the mainstream? And what would be the difference between those comments (which I would never actually make, by the way) and similar comments made toward someone who feels marginalized by depictions or comments or policies based on the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, their country of origin or their religion? It's a slippery slope, no?

So the best solution is to err on the side of non-offense and to be as all-inclusive as possible. To have open conversations and listen without pre-judgement. And when you realize that you have offended, to make amends.
Everybody should be able to say what he thinks, but as @Ableza said in a previous post, there's responsibility (on both sides) in that. If A says something which offends B and B asks A to stop (which is different than "shouting A down"), then A should respect B and change what he's saying (or stop that topic of discussion). B should give A the opportunity to change/stop his speech, though, before yelling, crying, filing a law suit, whatever. Once could be a mistake and should be chalked up to a misunderstanding.

If A keeps on, though, then there's intent which to my mind makes it at least harassment. People shouldn't have to put up with that. Reasonable people don't. Something else to consider is even well-intentioned, polite, rational people don't get along with some others who consider themselves well-intentioned, polite, rational people. Frankly, those groups of people should stay away from each other because there's no way they'll ever agree or like each other.

Minding one's own business seems to be a dying skill these days. It is really hard to "live and let live" when you're in everyone else's business.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #73,118 of 149,786
Mar 11, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #73,119 of 149,786
Our rescue girl, Olive.

20200410_103630.jpg

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #73,120 of 149,786
I was going to quote a post to remind everyone about the topic but I can't find it, so:

A few days ago we responded to a forum member's wish to take his Modi multi-bit for a walk. During the barrage of posts another member stated the Modi wall-wart's output is AC. I'll be darned, I must have seen what I expected rather than what was fact: they do have AC output. Given that, I have this question: if the Modi has "outboard voltage reduction" and "onboard rectification", what would happen if it was supplied with DC power of the correct voltage? Wouldn't DC simply pass through one half of the rectifier unchanged? So couldn't a Modi be supplied with a battery?

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #73,121 of 149,786
I was going to quote a post to remind everyone about the topic but I can't find it, so:

A few days ago we responded to a forum member's wish to take his Modi multi-bit for a walk. During the barrage of posts another member stated the Modi wall-wart's output is AC. I'll be darned, I must have seen what I expected rather than what was fact: they do have AC output. Given that, I have this question: if the Modi has "outboard voltage reduction" and "onboard rectification", what would happen if it was supplied with DC power of the correct voltage? Wouldn't DC simply pass through one half of the rectifier unchanged? So couldn't a Modi be supplied with a battery?

Shhhhhh

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #73,122 of 149,786

Nope! Won't work
DTSMHDoW0AA7KaK.jpg

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #73,124 of 149,786

The last time I tried that I started a small fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back