Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 11, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #73,081 of 152,595
Reading up to page 1487. It's July 2017 and finally the Vidars are shipping. Many happy Schiit heads connecting a Vidar(or two) to Freya (and Saga) preamps to their speakers.

Reading this thread is marvelous

Now to Thursday March 11, 2021
Just got an Asgard 2 on close out...now what to do with the Magni?
No rubber feet in the box or mounted on the Asgard.
Oh well, close-out on a class A HP amp for $120 -- yes please.

Office stack: (I have a SYS in a box not yet hooked up to switch from Magni and Asgard)
PXL_20210311_164453835.MP.jpg

Still searching for a Freya S. I have seen two. They show up and are gone the same day. The tube versions (original and +) will take several days to sell.

Still not convinced that the thunderdome gave the best results for future sales. Two tube Pres and no SS?

The Freya got such great reviews for a low priced SS preamp--with balanced ins and outs.

I have an Emotiva PT-100 in the office, with two Parasound amps in mono connected to my treasured Thiel CS 2s
In the bedroom I have a Parasound Zpre3 with two Modi+ connected to my updated NAD 2200 driving my .7 Maggies

I would love to replace the bedroom Zpre with a Freya.

Since finding Schiit, I have an Asgard 2, three Modi+, and one Magni...plus a silver SYS in a box.

When I get my COVID shot and I end back in the office, I'll be getting a HEL and some new HPs to go along with.

Mar 11, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #73,082 of 152,595
Mar 11, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #73,084 of 152,595
Damn!! Looks like I'll need to take my poochies to 'Glamor Shots' before I post any of my pics. Probably cheaper than hiring a wedding photographer like some of you folks did. :D

(@bcowen 's cat looks like Satan incarnate!)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #73,086 of 152,595
Mar 11, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #73,087 of 152,595

We are Dog People.

If speech offends a group of people, if it causes them pain or makes them feel "less than" or marginalized, then a compassionate society should hold the speaker responsible for those impacts. It's called caring about your fellow humans.

When it comes to racism, sexism, intolerance, and the violation of human rights I don't think anyone here would stand for that. I can understand why our society has to support and protect everyone, especially groups that have been targeted and victimized in the past. In my workplace, union, and the charity I participate in, I have supported PRIDE, BLM, the fight for 15, women's shelters, anti-bullying, equal pay for equal work, equity, diversity, and inclusion, etc.

However, it is a fine line when we discuss "feelings" about what someone says... for example I find the glamorization of cannabis in TV, Movies, Music, etc. offensive - BUT - I also realize that just because I detest the glamorization of cannabis, it does not mean I should complain that I am being made "less than" or that I am being marginalized.

Nevertheless, I am mature enough to understand that many people are capable of using cannabis responsibly and if people choose to use it, it is their business, just like enjoying a fine mirco-brew or wine (not a fan of whiskey) is mine.

...and now to something more to do with this thread... my cat, Thomas says hi!

Tommy.jpg

Mar 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #73,088 of 152,595
It seems that Groucho Marx was reincarnated as a cat. :D

Mar 11, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #73,089 of 152,595
Wonderful shot of a beautiful dog, @chronoso !
Thanks! Full credit to Chelsea for being a great model, Chevrolet for providing the great studio in the form of the rear seat of a Silverado, and to Apple for the incredible photos that come out of their phones with very limited post-processing. Zero credit to PennDOT for what they consider a smooth and flat stretch of road..

Mar 11, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #73,090 of 152,595
When it comes to racism, sexism, intolerance, and the violation of human rights I don't think anyone here would stand for that. I can understand why our society has to support and protect everyone, especially groups that have been targeted and victimized in the past. In my workplace, union, and the charity I participate in, I have supported PRIDE, BLM, the fight for 15, women's shelters, anti-bullying, equal pay for equal work, equity, diversity, and inclusion, etc.

However, it is a fine line when we discuss "feelings" about what someone says... for example I find the glamorization of cannabis in TV, Movies, Music, etc. offensive - BUT - I also realize that just because I detest the glamorization of cannabis, it does not mean I should complain that I am being made "less than" or that I am being marginalized.

Nevertheless, I am mature enough to understand that many people are capable of using cannabis responsibly and if people choose to use it, it is their business, just like enjoying a fine mirco-brew or wine (not a fan of whiskey) is mine.
Good discussion. I contend that "feelings" are precisely where it needs to start. There is no easy-to-see bright line between someone made to "feel" marginalized and overt racism, sexism, misogyny, bigotry, etc. If you feel like you are being marginalized by depictions of cannabis use, then you have every right to complain about it to the appropriate entities. And you should. What if I told you that your feelings were ignorant and immature? That you have no right to feel that way because you'd just better get with the mainstream and suck it up? That if you don't then you will be derided by society and forced to live your life surrounded by images of people mocking your beliefs? That your feelings will be trivialized and derided because they do not conform to the mainstream? And what would be the difference between those comments (which I would never actually make, by the way) and similar comments made toward someone who feels marginalized by depictions or comments or policies based on the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, their country of origin or their religion? It's a slippery slope, no?

So the best solution is to err on the side of non-offense and to be as all-inclusive as possible. To have open conversations and listen without pre-judgement. And when you realize that you have offended, to make amends.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #73,091 of 152,595
What if I told you that your feelings were ignorant and immature? That you have no right to feel that way because you'd just better get with the mainstream and suck it up? That if you don't then you will be derided by society and forced to live your life surrounded by images of people mocking your beliefs?

The stoners at work and in my union mock me regarding cannabis all the time...
Try being a non-drug user and playing gigs in bars and nightclubs... I have lost many gigs BECAUSE I didn't have a drug habit...

That your feelings will be trivialized and derided because they do not conform to the mainstream?

Happens all the time... I guess I have thick skin...

I appreciate your intellect and the reasonable discussion as well!

Mar 11, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #73,093 of 152,595
You are right, I agree with one exception...what does Scotch even taste like? I've never tried it (seriously).
As for BBQ (and cats), those are a thread tradition (I know, along with Scotch, but see above)..!
Cheers and All the Best to All! :beerchug:
-HK sends
Scotch tastes like whisky that was filtered through dirty socks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back