Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #70,863 of 150,555
Bifrost 2 came and I hooked it up to Mjolnir 2 and omg .... have you ever seen Thor wielding his hammer? This frosty hammer is just incredible. Thank you to @Jason Stoddard and @Baldr. Incredible products. Somehow I am more excited with this then when I bought Yggdrasil and Ragnarok new. It sound really good !!!

Where is the remote control ?

Amperex Orange Globes in MJ2.
IMG_1761.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #70,865 of 150,555
Texas or North Carolina better for BBQ? My answer is Sydney by miles. My membership please...
Nah, Korean! (Though I do love NC as well...) If I wanted dessert, I guess I could try that sweet TX stuff...

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #70,866 of 150,555
Jan 27, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #70,867 of 150,555
Never sell Verité (open or closed) :)

I did sell my Verite LTD Open in Pheasant wood because I over polish it and remove more than the varnish - heart breaking - so I sold it with the intention to buy a new one again, in another nice exotic wood. Think it will pair very well with tube amps, even this Mjolnir 2.

Jan 27, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #70,868 of 150,555
I did sell my Verite LTD Open in Pheasant wood because I over polish it and remove more than the varnish - heart breaking - so I sold it with the intention to buy a new one again, in another nice exotic wood. Think it will pair very well with tube amps, even this Mjolnir 2.
:cold_sweat: I'm sorry, that's painful. I love how my (non-LTD) VO pairs with tube amps -- started with Lyr 3, then Apex Peak (rare discontinued) hybrids, now full-tube (also rare discontinued) Eddie Current Aficionado. Yggdrasil>EC Af>VO is a magical combo. Although life's realities (outside noise, not bothering my better 1/2, instant power-on) make me use VC with a SS amp more these days.

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #70,869 of 150,555
:cold_sweat: I'm sorry, that's painful. I love how my (non-LTD) VO pairs with tube amps -- started with Lyr 3, then Apex Peak (rare discontinued) hybrids, now full-tube (also rare discontinued) Eddie Current Aficionado. Yggdrasil>EC Af>VO is a magical combo. Although life's realities (outside noise, not bothering my better 1/2, instant power-on) make me use VC with a SS amp more these days.

Now you got me interested to talk about my pet love - tube amps. I once went to pick up a Jotunheim 1 from a seller and while testing it, he had the EC Aficionado there. I left with the Jot but forgot to ask to audition his Aficionado, much to my regret.

Over the years, I've been through quite a few tube amps, beginning with Elise, Euforia, La Figaro 339, Glenn OTL amp that has 7 sockets, ALO Audio Studio Six, Oblivion by Ultrasonic Studio, Woo Audio Wa22. Now I'm interested in a DNA Stratus. Heard Hugo TT2 + M Scalar > Auris Nirvana > Susvara and that was good but way too expensive.

SS amps wise, I've had Ragnarok, Jotunheim, Burson Conductor V2+, Violectric v280, Mjolnir2 (well hybrid), Questyle CMA 12.

Dacs are Yggdrasil (still the original) and now Bifrost 2. Might upgrade Yggdrasil - keep delaying it - by the time I decide, it could be a Yggdrasil 3 already lol.

So yes back to ZMF headphones. I've had Eikon, Atticus and Verite Open. I'm very sure I'll get another Verite again. This hobby is too engrossing.

You make a good point. Solid states are convenient - instant power on.

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #70,870 of 150,555
I just went to pick up this 'mint' pair of Boston Acoustic VR-2, with the intent to bring it back to my away from home work accommodation. It's only $300 and sound like $3000. While there, the seller has 2 racks of vintage amps, all gleaming new, including a Pioneer 12 band equaliser. His main speakers are Legacy Focus Se https://www.legacyaudio.com/products/view/focus-se/ and it was amazing. I'm tempted now to move onto HiFi. :)

That's the Boston speakers in front (brown wood veneer) behind are my Axis LS88 in rosewood, driven by Sansui au alpha 907mr amp.

I've never tried Schiit Audio stereo amps apart from Ragnarok. I've no doubt Ragnarok 2 will drive these speakers well. Perhaps Schiit Vidar might be interesting to play with.

IMG_1765.jpg

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #70,872 of 150,555
Texas or North Carolina better for BBQ? My answer is Sydney by miles. My membership please...
OK, now I have to rebuke this. Clearly, Sydney has no idea about BBQ other than snags on the coleman, and some dead horse. Ballarat is the place. My Kamado Joe and I stand by that :)

Translation : Snags = Sausages (Cheap ones usually), Coleman - Small Gas fired hotplate "BBQ", Dead Horse = Tomato Sauce

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #70,874 of 150,555
Hello all, I just bought a Bifrost2 in black to accompany my Yggdrasil and Mjolnir 2. Am I eligible for membership here now? @bcowen didn't invite me.
Check on the Sine Wave to see where we are at with the conversations. New Members are inducted after "Bit and Sample Rate" discussions. Since we have just had BBQ and Toobs, you only have to wait for Roadkill, Canned Meats, Cables, Hi-Res vs Redbook and the aforemention Bit Rate discussion and then we can finalise it for you :)

Mike returning doesn't warrant a blip...? Maybe Mike is a square wave, and @Timster can't fit that in?
I should and I will in the next release

Mike seems much more like a sawtooth than a square wave to me. :wink:
hahaha

I thought Outback Steakhouse was the official food...? :grinning:
Wash your mouth out

Thanks. I didn’t know it’s such a wide ranging forum.
You have no idea... neither does anyone else I would wager!

bad enough its BASF, and not CrO2 or Metal. but a T120 also??? why not go all in with a T180?? wrap that sucker around the capstan / pinch roller in no time... :ksc75smile:
I used to only buy TDK, usually 90s, so I could easily fit an album on each side. So I'd buy the 2 albums and one blank cassette, record it on first listen and the casette went to the car.

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #70,875 of 150,555
I used to only buy TDK, usually 90s, so I could easily fit an album on each side. So I'd buy the 2 albums and one blank cassette, record it on first listen and the casette went to the car.
Ah, the old days. I did the 90-min cassettes with 1 album per side too, probably a lot of the older gentlemen here did. I bought a Nakamichi 700 cassette deck (battery powered) and a 12v Advent 300 receiver so I could have quality hi-fi in my truck. It didn't have much uptime ... the Advent's power supply kept crapping out ... but it was fun (if expensive) experiment when it was working. And then I got married, and my fun & frivolous spending days were done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back