Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 14, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #70,216 of 151,238
Oh yes, and it is enjoyed frequently at my house. Even though I learned my technique in N. Cali and I try to do it the same way, somehow it just does not taste the same as when cooked in a park in San Jose or on the breach in Santa Cruz. Maybe it's the lack of salt in the air. :)

Maybe you should be cooking it along the Rio Salado?

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #70,217 of 151,238
But please Joe don't end the tariffs.

On another note: If I have something on back order and I'm willing to wait since I have a fine amp right now, is there a queue that will allow me to be bypassed? Probably more trouble setting it up than it's worth. Really I don't mind waiting for the Jot though.

Idea that you have no time to do: make training videos so you can introduce people to new tasks while minimizing lost time to teach them. It won't take away all face to face training of course. Unless you do that already.

i ordered my Aegir’s while they were in back order and got them before they were out of back order.

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #70,218 of 151,238
I've got several things I'm waiting for - a pair of Aegirs, Freya+, Yggy and a Lyr and while of course I'd like to be using them asap, after reading Jason's post yesterday I can appreciate all the headaches and hassles they are going through which are beyond their control. Some might say they wouldn't buy from a company whose operations seem so chaotic, but my reply would be how many companies are transparent enough to let you know what is going on behind those walls? I appreciate Jason's honesty and I just figure I may have to wait a while for my stuff. But I'm sure it will be well worth it. I like how he treats his employees - that's the biggest asset of any company. Keep them satisfied and they will keep the customers satisfied.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #70,219 of 151,238
Some might say they wouldn't buy from a company whose operations seem so chaotic

There's no company that's not chaotic. They just pretend everything's under control lol.

1oom8q.jpg

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #70,221 of 151,238
I've got several things I'm waiting for - a pair of Aegirs, Freya+, Yggy and a Lyr and while of course I'd like to be using them asap, after reading Jason's post yesterday I can appreciate all the headaches and hassles they are going through which are beyond their control. Some might say they wouldn't buy from a company whose operations seem so chaotic, but my reply would be how many companies are transparent enough to let you know what is going on behind those walls? I appreciate Jason's honesty and I just figure I may have to wait a while for my stuff. But I'm sure it will be well worth it. I like how he treats his employees - that's the biggest asset of any company. Keep them satisfied and they will keep the customers satisfied.

Nicely stated.

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #70,224 of 151,238
So I've been skimming the previous live streams while avoiding work and in "Jason learns digital" they actually show the Schiit Urd chassis. Which... who could have guessed it... is a brushed aluminum box! Seriously though it looks very impressive. The addition of OLED displays in other Schiit products has me very excited. I could only find the streams in 360p but i took a couple of screen captures. Ever since Oppo let go of their high end bluray player ambitions I've been looking for something to fill that void in my heart. I have a UDP203 in my home theater and as far as my 2ch listening habits are concerned this seems like a no brainer.

image.png
image (1).png

In other news, does anybody know how to become a Schiit Beta Product tester? Right as i was typing this I got an email back from Denise saying I was put on the list! Cheers everybody. Exciting times to come.

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #70,225 of 151,238
Maybe Jason has an answer for us.

Excerpt from Chapter 2

What’s next turned out to be Lisa, AKA Rina, my wife of 13 years. Would I have started Schiit 9 years earlier if I hadn’t met her? Probably not. But she challenged me enough to keep pushing, keep expanding what I could do, that she certainly got me into the right head-space to start something new.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #70,226 of 151,238
Just watched Mike's interview and in discussing URD there was no mention of an AES output.
Anyone know if there will or won't be AES output?

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #70,229 of 151,238
ROFL! I (personally) would much rather have a Fosters than a Bud/Miller/Coors Lite that taste mostly like fermented water. :smile: Edit: fermented dishwater. :worried:

I won’t say anything about those, but just about the best one I’ve had was one called Meantime, just over a year ago when I was in London on a work-related trip (yes, just before the covid). It was on tap at the hotel we stayed at, but it should be just as good on bottle too.

Meantime is an LPA (London Pale Ale), well worth a try if you’re into IPA.

Attachments

• 5CDF0DD9-CAD3-44F2-AA89-D3AB5EB4FCAB.jpg
    5CDF0DD9-CAD3-44F2-AA89-D3AB5EB4FCAB.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 14, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #70,230 of 151,238

Users who are viewing this thread

Back