Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 29, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #62,491 of 149,552
The Gadget is not discontinued, it's just taking longer than originally expected.
Thanks for the clarification. I looked at the products and did not see it listed. Erroneous post corrected.

Apologies to the board for misleading anybody.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #62,493 of 149,552
I'm just playing on the top level today. It's actually a Sanus with just 3 panels on, but I'll have to add the 4th eventually.

I'd expected Saga would be used tubeless, and stackable, but I'm finding I like the extra bit of air the TungSol gives Asgard.

SagAsgard? I'll get around to SagaHeim in due course.

I haven't been able to pry HD660S off my head all afternoon. And I haven't spilled my beer even once. :beerchug:
I'd be curious to hear how your SagaHeim project comes along. Will it alter the Jotunheim sound into like a Lyr3 or Mjolnir 2 or come close in some regards perhaps? Or will the SagaHeim make the Jot's soundstage more 3 dimensional with the tube in place from Saga as tube buffer/preamp? Please let me know, thanks.

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #62,494 of 149,552
Jul 30, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #62,497 of 149,552
didn't know there was as 1005. thought the common sizes were 2512, 1210, 0805, 0603, 0402, flyschiit.
63590.jpg

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #62,499 of 149,552
Re Varejao17's post on coffee preparation:

My method is also not illustrated.

About once every three years, I get an iced coffee from McDonalds.

Before I get labeled as a blasphemer, my story is that I'm saving my money for my other more important hobbies. (If I can cut back to 1 per 10 years, I can afford those ZMF Verites in just ... computing, computing, computing ...)
That's dedication and discipline. I applaud you.

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #62,500 of 149,552
And now for something completely different:
About 100 posts above someone posted about people in China and their battling crickets.
Reminded me of a 1986 LP by Graeme Revell, The Insect Musicians.
According to my memory (not to be trusted too far) Revell had heard about people in China and other Asian countries who kept insects as pets, but more specifically for the sounds they make. It was a much quieter world back then.
The record has 10 tracks Revell made assembling insect sounds into songs. According to my memory of the liner notes of the LP I used to have, all the sounds were created by insects, and the whole recording was done in analog. A lot of splicing involved. Googling it tonight I found a link where it stated that it might be the first all computer processed / edited recording. Whenever I read someone stating this might be the first, or all, I get suspicious. You decide. Listening to it tonight I'm undecided if some of the sounds were sourced from musical instruments.

More info on what insects perform on the tracks can be found here:
https://www.discogs.com/Graeme-Revell-The-Insect-Musicians/release/146597

The whole LP on youtube:

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #62,501 of 149,552
Thanks for the clarification. I looked at the products and did not see it listed. Erroneous post corrected.

Apologies to the board for misleading anybody.
Sometimes I feel like the thread’s always chomping at the bit for the next Schiit launch. It seems to be we all obsess over it. Me? I’d love to pick up a new brushed aluminum toy!

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #62,502 of 149,552
Maybe this text should be removed from the Sol product page. No extra arms available for ordering.
Ordered Sol anyway because my fear is it will be gone forever when stock runs out.
Longest Arm in the Hood—Swappable in Seconds
Sol features a carbon fiber tonearm that is longer than anything else in its price class—a full 11” long. A longer arm means more accurate tracking—much better than the “baby arms” of other affordable turntables. Not only that, the Sol tonearm can be swapped in seconds, allowing you to easily change cartridges to meet your specific needs.

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #62,503 of 149,552
Maybe this text should be removed from the Sol product page. No extra arms available for ordering.
Ordered Sol anyway because my fear is it will be gone forever when stock runs out.

Going to use 115 V equipment in Netherlands?

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #62,505 of 149,552
What Jason said in the FAQ:

Why isn't there an option for 230V countries?

Sol uses an AC motor, so it's designed for 60Hz AC, like we use in the USA. Unfortunately, nearly every country with 220-240VAC runs 50Hz AC, so the motor would run too slow. We'll be looking into adding a speed controller in the future as an option if Sol does well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back