Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 23, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #6,107 of 154,120
  You read it here first, folks. Schiit toasters and car door handles on the way!
biggrin.gif

I vote for cat-door handles, because hey, cats have those paws which can get behind things
cool.gif

Or perhaps he really did mean it without the hyphen...

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #6,108 of 154,120
I'm just sticking this picture in here because I don't want that piece of schiit picture in the upper right corner of my window... yeah it'll still be a thumbnail, but at least it'll be smaller.

edit: ah heck, let's play guess the amp and push that filthy thing off the recent images corner...

yeah yeah I know the names are actually screened onto the pcb

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #6,112 of 154,120
  • And let’s not forget the USB Gen 3 input. It performs quite a bit better than the Gen 2…but it also requires different drivers for Windows. This meant many rounds of qualification before we were comfortable releasing them (the good news is the Gen 3 drivers work for both Gen 2 and Gen 3 USB inputs.) This is something that wasn’t fully worked out until last month.

So, for Gen 2 USB users, is there any benefit to installing the Gen 3 drivers (since they work for both boards) ?

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #6,113 of 154,120
  Have just been reading about fellow head-fiers' wish...dream(?) lists...and could not help but add mine to the list...

I would love to see Schiit Audio develop and manufacture something along the lines of the Cambridge Audio 851n upsampling network music player, (with all of its connection/signal routing versatility) however, WITHOUT the onboard DAC, as we already have superlative DAC's available compliments of Schiit...and of course, designed/improved upon by the Schiit team... 

OR,

Perhaps a Schiit designed/manufactured device similar to the Simaudio Moon Mind network music streamer, but with the connection/signal routing versatility of the aforementioned Cambridge Audio 851n...and I would love to see what improvements would result from the Schiit engineers' designs... 

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #6,115 of 154,120
  Have just been reading about fellow head-fiers' wish...dream(?) lists...and could not help but add mine to the list...

I would love to see Schiit Audio develop and manufacture something along the lines of the Cambridge Audio 851n upsampling network music player, (with all of its connection/signal routing versatility) however, WITHOUT the onboard DAC, as we already have superlative DAC's available compliments of Schiit...and of course, designed/improved upon by the Schiit team... 

OR,

Perhaps a Schiit designed/manufactured device similar to the Simaudio Moon Mind network music streamer, but with the connection/signal routing versatility of the aforementioned Cambridge Audio 851n...and I would love to see what improvements would result from the Schiit engineers' designs... 

So... A pi/ cuboxi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back