Apr 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #6,061 of 151,818
Reading what jason said,

Im betting one of the stuff released this year will be either

1) A surround sound thingy like "Smyth Realisers"
2) A turntable.

biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #6,062 of 151,818
Quote:Jason Stoddard
 Yep, we could have explored some exciting new tech we’re only now getting into.

Remote controls, Bifurcated Balanced {REDACTED], sonic earrings, isomorphic hum reduction, bilateral USB cables with isochronic shielding..  etc, etc, blah, blah, blah,    
blink.gif

I can't wait.... what's the projected prototype completion paradigm of each item?    
popcorn.gif

Oh, and, do they come in red or black?  B stock?  production samples?  
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #6,063 of 151,818
Oh Schiit the [REDACTED] is a death ray concocted from technology that Jason got from Area 51 and the mothership during his last abduction.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #6,064 of 151,818
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

• Rewind to even before that, when Mike got the nutty idea to use the AD5791 DAC in the first place (he first brought the idea to me in 2010, shortly after the part was introduced). The AD5791 is NOT a friendly part to work with, for many reasons, including a data format that was fundamentally incompatible with audio, and an output that can include significant glitch energy. Early experiments in formatting audio to run on Analog Devices’ demo boards were not promising—in fact, so un-promising that we explored two other alternatives to the AD5791 before finally deciding that yes, they were usable for the Yggy. We came to this conclusion (to use the AD5791) less than 10 months ago.

I'm surprised and impressed that the AD5791 choice only got finalized ten months ago.  I'd love to hear about how you deglitched it.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #6,065 of 151,818
I'm hoping (redacted) will ship around (redacted.)

Seriously, though, I will do a "looking into the crystal ball" kind of post here soon, so you can at least get a better idea where we're going and what we're looking at...probably after the post about "working for now vs planning for the future."

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 22, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #6,067 of 151,818
  This will be a must read.

Will have to send a copy to all our politicians..

I'll hand-deliver them to them if needed, this would be a must-read for them.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #6,068 of 151,818
Hopefully the cash infusion from 50 or 100 Yggdrasil orders will allow them to work on the new boat, err Corvette, err [REDACTED.]

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #6,070 of 151,818
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it here again: never, ever, ever, ever, for any reason, no matter how much you’ve had to drink, no matter how much it will change the world forever, no matter how cool and wonderful and groundbreaking you’ve convinced yourself it will be, never ever for any reason talk about future products.  
No, really. NEVER.

Damn, you just killed Kickstarter.

:wink:

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #6,071 of 151,818
[REDACTED] is a modern Norse euphemism for an iconoclastic ethereal phantasm that will reboot Scandanavian folkloric pseudorealism into the next millenium and beyond.

Instead of Odin, it will be the [REDACTED]

Instead of Thor it will be [[Son of [REDACTED]]

Instead of Freya, it will be [Wife of [REDACTED]]

Instead of Heimdalir,  it will be [Friend of [REDACTED]] the foreknowing and wise]

Instead of Loki, it will be gremlins in the production line and Murphy's Law modality.

You get the picture.....  

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #6,072 of 151,818
  [REDACTED] is a modern Norse euphemism for an iconoclastic ethereal phantasm that will reboot Scandanavian folkloric pseudorealism into the next millenium and beyond.

Instead of Odin, it will be the [REDACTED]

Instead of Thor it will be [[Son of [REDACTED]]

Instead of Freya, it will be [Wife of [REDACTED]]

Instead of Heimdalir,  it will be [Friend of [REDACTED]] the foreknowing and wise]

Instead of Loki, it will be gremlins in the production line and Murphy's Law modality.

You get the picture.....  

It's going to be that NSA funded death ray. Didn't you read that in Wiki Leaks?

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6,073 of 151,818
The only death ray at Schiit is when Moffat gives you the stare when you offend his sensibilities like when you say Sabre DACs rule.

Anyway, why would they want to cover old ground that has been done by Nicola Tesla and doesn't sound real good except in Star Wars and Star Trek franchises.

Anyway, the better moustrap and sonic screwdriver keep coming back in different interperetations to keep the offbeat technophile suitably amused and enamoured.

(Long live the [REDACTED])

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #6,074 of 151,818
  The only death ray at Schiit is when Moffat gives you the stare when you offend his sensibilities like when you say Sabre DACs rule.

Anyway, why would they want to cover old ground that has been done by Nicola Tesla and doesn't sound real good except in Star Wars and Star Trek franchises.

Anyway, the better moustrap and sonic screwdriver keep coming back in different interperetations to keep the offbeat technophile suitably amused and enamoured.

(Long live the [REDACTED])

Not true about Tesla, although he was trying to develop a wireless headphone, only not one of his test subjects survived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back