Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #5,987 of 150,262
It would be called the Schiit Head, right?

Sorry couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif

Maybe HeadSchiit instead. I could resist but decided against it.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #5,988 of 150,262
Brilliant!  For those of us who suffer age-related hearing loss (which is anyone over about 4 these days), the signal would by-pass the faulty flesh and blood analog components and be digital right up to the point where Professor Baldr's half pin-head DAC stimulates the appropriate neurons in the brain. Sorry Jason, you will have to write nothing but science fiction from now on because analog will be dead.

I resisted the obvious word plays...

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #5,990 of 150,262
Quote:Stan D
 What about streaming directly to a chip embedded in one's head? Maybe it'll be in Schiit's catalog next year.

Shhhhhh....  [REDACTED]

Oh...,    btw...   the on/off switch will be hard to get to. No remote control for obvious reasons.

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #5,991 of 150,262
Shhhhhh....  [REDACTED]

Oh...,    btw...   the on/off switch will be hard to get to. No remote control for obvious reasons.

not to mention where that switch is going to be located. lets just say its not on the front :wink:

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #5,994 of 150,262
Hey,

Do you guys know any speaker company with the same Schiit philosophy? Ie, im paying money for good gear and not dealer commissions etc. Would be nice if their speaker pairs well with the Ragnarok as well.

Jon

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #5,996 of 150,262
I don't have any first hand experience with them, but Fritz Speakers comes to mind as a speaker manufacturer with a similar direct sales approach. Their speakers have gotten many very favorable reviews and Fritz is reputed to be very approachable and enthusiastic about his products. While most of his speakers are not inexpensive, they use top shelf drivers and crossover components so that their value is exceptional compared to similar speakers marketed through dealer networks.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,997 of 150,262
  Hey,

Do you guys know any speaker company with the same Schiit philosophy? Ie, im paying money for good gear and not dealer commissions etc. Would be nice if their speaker pairs well with the Ragnarok as well.

Jon

Try Power Sound Audio.  http://www.powersoundaudio.com

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,998 of 150,262
  Hey,

Jon

Zu Audio comes as close as any, I think.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #5,999 of 150,262
Yep, Fritz speakers sound great and he is a very friendly person.

Decware also comes to mind, very nice speakers.
  Hey,

Jon

I don't have any first hand experience with them, but Fritz Speakers comes to mind as a speaker manufacturer with a similar direct sales approach. Their speakers have gotten many very favorable reviews and Fritz is reputed to be very approachable and enthusiastic about his products. While most of his speakers are not inexpensive, they use top shelf drivers and crossover components so that their value is exceptional compared to similar speakers marketed through dealer networks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back