Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 1, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #59,791 of 149,325
I used to drink Smithwicks, Bass, Harp before local and craft beers really came on the scene. Much better than U.S. domestics back then.

Shipyard's American IPA and American Pale Ale are both excellent and available on draught in UK.
They are brewed in the UK by Marston's, in collaboration with Shipyard Brewing Company in Portland, Maine.
On a hot day in London, they are perfect and I look forward to enjoying a few more pints once lockdown is lifted....

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #59,792 of 149,325
Dogfishhead Slightly Mighty and Ballast Point Even Keel (the mango one is 3.8 and doesn’t taste of mango thankfully). I’d love to hear of other true session ales.
Ooh, I like some of Dogfish Head's offerings. I can't remember which, though, I haven't been able to find any locally for a couple of years.

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #59,793 of 149,325
Freedom units? How about universal ones?
US customary are universal units. We're patiently waiting for the rest of you to ditch that fly-by-night metric system and return to real units. Then there will truly be world peace.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #59,794 of 149,325
Shipyard's American IPA and American Pale Ale are both excellent and available on draught in UK.
They are brewed in the UK by Marston's, in collaboration with Shipyard Brewing Company in Portland, Maine.
On a hot day in London, they are perfect and I look forward to enjoying a few more pints once lockdown is lifted....

I live in Portland Maine and we have so many great breweries I almost never drink Shipyard. I think Shipyard is still using Ringwood (UK) yeast. Allagash is by far my favorite Portland brewery -Belgian style and spontaneously fermented beers.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #59,796 of 149,325
There is always an unknown bug in software (firmware) just waiting to be discovered. Ask any programmer / coder about this. "Bug = undocumented feature" The latest status update from Jason and/or Mike was that the transport's USB function was working with Unison and other schiit USB DAC inputs, but they were working on compatibility with third-party USB-input DACs made by others (multiple data rates, bit depths, input formats supported, etc).
I know all that but am very confident that it all will work well before it hits the market.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #59,804 of 149,325
Unfortunately weed is illegal in my country and I could get fired over using it, so no bueno for me.

While on his way to take a drug test, a coworker asked the nurse if it was too late to stop using drugs now. The nurse replied that he should use a ton of different drugs to confuse the test.

Maybe there is a way to beat the system after all.

Jun 1, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #59,805 of 149,325
Unfortunately weed is illegal in my country and I could get fired over using it, so no bueno for me.

While on his way to take a drug test, a coworker asked the nurse if it was too late to stop using drugs now. The nurse replied that he should use a ton of different drugs to confuse the test.

Maybe there is a way to beat the system after all.

It's not illegal here but beer is cheaper and better. So pretty much nobody takes drugs and everybody drinks beer :D

The key is to develop your brewing institutions to such a high level that drugs don't make financial sense and have no attraction :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back