Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 31, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #59,761 of 150,790
I may have mentioned it before but my favorite beer in all the world (that I have tried) is Castlemaine XXXX Bitter from Queensland, Australia. I really wish they would export it to the USA.

May 31, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #59,762 of 150,790
Well played.

Why, thank you.

I only drink a few "fancy" beers at most. If plan is to get drunk with the boys, then it's time for bulk lagers, long drinks (lonkero), and the likes.

Back in college the plan was a six pack of good beer and a case of the cheapest stuff available that week. Start with the good stuff, and continue until we couldn't tell the difference.

May 31, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #59,763 of 150,790
Since we've been eagerly awaiting Jason's post about new non-UV related products, how about an informal survey of what people want and/or expect as a new product?

I want a new integrated with tubes, phono pre-amp, and multibit DAC with 2 Unison USB inputs. Sort of a Freya-Ragnarok-Mani-Bifrost mashup.
I would have added a built-in Loki-Maxi and a CD player but that seems a little excessive :L3000:

May 31, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #59,764 of 150,790
Since we've been eagerly awaiting Jason's post about new non-UV related products, how about an informal survey of what people want and/or expect as a new product?

I want a new integrated with tubes, phono pre-amp, and multibit DAC with 2 Unison USB inputs. Sort of a Freya-Ragnarok-Mani-Bifrost mashup.
I would have added a built-in Loki-Maxi and a CD player but that seems a little excessive :L3000:

Well, a Lyr3 on steroids (dual 6SN7) for balanced would be nice, to pair with Gungnir or Yggdrasil
:L3000:

May 31, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #59,766 of 150,790
Mjolnir is due for a refresh. Who knows what we will see -- a meld of Continuity/Coherence/Nexus, maybe??

May 31, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #59,768 of 150,790
But this is relative to the stateside Budweiser. The Czech Budweiser (different company, totally different beer and even comes in black (dark)) is the cat's meow.

1590945821090.png
I was working in Hammersmith around the turn of the century, and one night we were working a bit late, and a friend reached into the fridge and grabbed some beers. Next thing I hear is: ”Hey John, want a Budweiser?” To which I responded without looking up: “Hell, no!” That got a laugh and a: “not THAT Budweiser!” Which was my intro to this. Quite tasty!

May 31, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #59,769 of 150,790
Mjolnir is due for a refresh. Who knows what we will see -- a meld of Continuity/Coherence/Nexus, maybe??

i'd prefer a solid-state version for the next gen fully-differential balanced HP amp (maybe using some of those not-labeled-as-for-audio-but-Schiit-tested-and-used-them-anyways-and-bought-a-Schiit-ton-of-those-for-the-future parts) for longer maintenance-free operating life.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #59,771 of 150,790
I'm an Imperial Stout kinda guy. Coffee and Chocolate notes are bliss!!

Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout is my #1 favorite. And it cellars amazingly well. Poured a 4 year old BCS the other day, was amazing in the complexity of the flavor. It's a seasonal brew, I always pick up some when it's available and stash it in the back of the beer fridge (you do have a beer fridge, right?) for a few years.

May 31, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #59,772 of 150,790
I have a fridge full of beer in my garage -- does that qualify? :D

Thanks for the tip. Always on the lookout for new and interesting Stouts to try.

May 31, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #59,773 of 150,790
I only drink a few "fancy" beers at most. If plan is to get drunk with the boys, then it's time for bulk lagers, long drinks (lonkero), and the likes.
Nobody out the house fishing , golfing or doing anything that takes any attention is drinking double IPA’s, stouts or Belgians. I’ve seen beers advertised as “session ales” that are 7%! For those that like ke to be active in the warmer weather and drink beer I go for Dogfishhead Slightly Mighty and Ballast Point Even Keel (the mango one is 3.8 and doesn’t taste of mango thankfully). I’d love to hear of other true session ales.

May 31, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #59,774 of 150,790
At first I was like What 45 is awesome weather for AZ this time of year, then I realized you weren't using Freedom units...
Freedom units? How about universal ones?

May 31, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #59,775 of 150,790
...and stash it in the back of the beer fridge (you do have a beer fridge, right?)...
Yes I do! Right next to my garage stereo system.
Beer Refridgerator IMG_3168.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back