Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 9, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #57,406 of 151,866
Please people let's not talk Covid-19 (Corona) here.
Most of you are just partly right, watching the wrong propaganda or are just wrong.
There's too much to perceive wrong with the next step of giving wrongful advise to others.
Here is a link where the people in the know lay out the facts and the future strategics.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Listen to the doctors and other scientists please.

I went directly to the Dos Equis virus, as that makes me a far more interesting man. :hugging:

In all sincerity- thanks Doc for steering us towards clear and accurate info.

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #57,407 of 151,866
I know/knew about Cthulu, but I was talking about a power supply box - either Bifrost or Ragnarok size.
You do recall that wall warts are only used for the lilliputian Schiit, right? Doubt a big(er) box would be a great addition, but I’ve been wrong before...

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #57,408 of 151,866
AXPONA has been postponed to August 7-9, 2020. Because no Schitt. Seriously though, what else could they do at this point?

Full announcement: http://jdevents.com/Uploads/AXPONA2020/AXPONA_COVD19_3.9.20.pdf

I wish them all the best, but that's a horrible month for a show. Apparently that was the only slot left at the same hotel.

It is a bad time of year, however I'm happy they moved it because I was really looking forward to going since i haven't been able to go the last 3 years...

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #57,409 of 151,866
You do recall that wall warts are only used for the lilliputian Schiit, right? Doubt a big(er) box would be a great addition, but I’ve been wrong before...
i think he means a conditioner and/or distributor like one in and several out // IEC plug stuff

Mar 10, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #57,410 of 151,866
Sorry if I missed this but have you thought of a Schiit styled power box that plugs into the wall and then can have the appropriate plugs to each Schiit Audio device?
It would be a way to clean up all the wires and could include whatever level(s) of power management people desire. Even VU meters... :wink:
Do you mean basically a power strip that sits with the equipment instead of on the floor?

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #57,411 of 151,866
Listen to doctors and scientists???? What sort of nonsense is this?
What about those that work in audiology at the Mayo clinic?
So here you are little ones. In a spot of shame.
I sincerely hope when you get infected and in trouble, there will be people with one brain cell more than you two have.
I tried to get your posts blocked because of the inherent danger you pose.
But hey.. the forum police likes you.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #57,412 of 151,866
So here you are little ones. In a spot of shame.
I sincerely hope when you get infected and in trouble, there will be people with one brain cell more than you two have.
I tried to get your posts blocked because of the inherent danger you pose.
But hey.. the forum police likes you.
I think they were joking and being sarcastic...

:eyes:

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #57,414 of 151,866
Sarcasm takes...sarcasm.

It may not be obvious, but sometimes, it's pretty easy to see. A Jedi's post in particular looked like he was blatantly being sarcastic and not to be taken seriously. But hey, what do I know? It is what you make of it. In an era where everyone gets offended by everything, even things not meant to be taken seriously.,.. I don't even know anymore.

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #57,417 of 151,866
Hehe, I'm a glutton for punishment...

I decided to swap out the Linn in my office system for the Vidar I had running my center channel. Since the 3 channel amp I had running the center was still hooked up and was just running the rear channels of my 7.2 system I moved the center back to it.

I basically ended up trying all 3 of my Vidar last night in an attempt to get rid of the pop... Of course all 3 of them do it :frowning2: The first one I tried only does it on the left channel and has the lowest DC (21mV on the left RCA jack, right channel is only 2 mV) The other 2 were in the 25 - 35mV range on both channels, and the last one I tried also has a little transformer hum which I've never noticed in my main system, however it was easily noticeable in this system... So now I'm back to the first Vidar I tried and contemplating what to do next...

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #57,420 of 151,866
Hehe, I'm a glutton for punishment...

I decided to swap out the Linn in my office system for the Vidar I had running my center channel. Since the 3 channel amp I had running the center was still hooked up and was just running the rear channels of my 7.2 system I moved the center back to it.

I basically ended up trying all 3 of my Vidar last night in an attempt to get rid of the pop... Of course all 3 of them do it :frowning2: The first one I tried only does it on the left channel and has the lowest DC (21mV on the left RCA jack, right channel is only 2 mV) The other 2 were in the 25 - 35mV range on both channels, and the last one I tried also has a little transformer hum which I've never noticed in my main system, however it was easily noticeable in this system... So now I'm back to the first Vidar I tried and contemplating what to do next...

Sorry to re-hash this...

Are you getting pop only when switching inputs, only when switching between passive & buffer, or both?

Are you switching between inputs and buffers that often? And the pop bothers you enough to go through all of this work? All to avoid a momentary pop on occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back