Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 10, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #57,421 of 154,029
Sorry to re-hash this...

Are you getting pop only when switching inputs, only when switching between passive & buffer, or both?

Are you switching between inputs and buffers that often? And the pop bothers you enough to go through all of this work? All to avoid a momentary pop on occasion.

Yeah, it's anytime I do anything with the Saga + other than adjust volume. So, between switching inputs, changing from active/passive, or muting/unmuting. It's not an issue with Saga +, it's the DC on the amplifier input causing it, I just don't know how to fix this.

Yes, it's that annoying to me. I pretty much redid my home theater system a couple years ago because of something similar.

I ended up putting the Sys back in during lunch and setting it so that it's gone, I just need to get some longer interconnects so I can hid it because it sticks out like a sore thumb being that it's the only silver piece in the system...

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #57,422 of 154,029
Yeah, it's anytime I do anything with the Saga + other than adjust volume. So, between switching inputs, changing from active/passive, or muting/unmuting. It's not an issue with Saga +, it's the DC on the amplifier input causing it, I just don't know how to fix this.

Yes, it's that annoying to me. I pretty much redid my home theater system a couple years ago because of something similar.

I ended up putting the Sys back in during lunch and setting it so that it's gone, I just need to get some longer interconnects so I can hid it because it sticks out like a sore thumb being that it's the only silver piece in the system...
Take the amp to a qualified audio technician for repair if you are not familiar with differential amplifier repair.

Mar 10, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #57,423 of 154,029
Mar 10, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #57,424 of 154,029
So I stitched together the Schiit ad from Stereophile via Apple News. Excuse any stray pixels. Do we know what APE is or am I behind the curve?
APE-ad.jpg

Mar 10, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #57,426 of 154,029
Mar 10, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #57,428 of 154,029
Mar 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #57,429 of 154,029
Mar 10, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #57,431 of 154,029
Sarcasm takes...sarcasm.

It may not be obvious, but sometimes, it's pretty easy to see. A Jedi's post in particular looked like he was blatantly being sarcastic and not to be taken seriously. But hey, what do I know? It is what you make of it. In an era where everyone gets offended by everything, even things not meant to be taken seriously.,.. I don't even know anymore.
I'm doing my best to teach netiquette... tone's lost with the emails. DON'T USE CAPITAL LETTERS FOR AN ENTIRE EMAIL. Bad news and criticism... never on a forum... PM the person or, better yet, phone call/face-time/video-chat. Oh... and follow a (supposed) Estonian adage, If I'm about to say something negative to a person, take a sip of water. Before I swallow it, think. Then swallow. Then speak.

And I also follow all kinds of advice from comedians like George Carlin (Braindroppings is a brilliant written compendium of his Lenny Bruce-esk, blue-wit), and Dennis Leary (his audio book should be mandatory reading too). :deadhorse:

Mar 10, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #57,432 of 154,029
Hey, being from Sweden I resent that.
15 minutes is more than enough :smiley:
If you study ABBA's music, you will find that much of Benny Andersson's music is surprisingly complex and difficult to perform well. Furthermore, Bjorn Ulvaeus' lyrics are well structured and deal a lot of dark undertones, especially so when you consider that he is not a native English speaker.

Mar 10, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #57,433 of 154,029
If you study ABBA's music, you will find that much of Benny Andersson's music is surprisingly complex and difficult to perform well. Furthermore, Bjorn Ulvaeus' lyrics are well structured and deal a lot of dark undertones, especially so when you consider that he is not a native English speaker.

I was waiting for someone else to post about the quality of their music.

You laid it out very elegantly. Much better then I would have said.

Abba is awesome, seriously.

Mar 10, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #57,434 of 154,029

ABBA rules!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back