Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 10, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #57,436 of 153,436
If I'm about to say something negative to a person, take a sip of water. Before I swallow it, think. Then swallow. Then speak.

I would be waterlogged in short order. :)

Mar 10, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #57,437 of 153,436
the longer i look at the name the stranger it is to call your band like that, sounds more like a star wars character

On the positive side, if you inadvertently spell it backwards nobody will notice. :)

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #57,438 of 153,436
ABBA rules!
Money, Money, Money. And the, S.O.S. Mainlining it into my aural cavity via my Ether C <<< Agsard 2 <<< Bifrost <<< Foobar <<< ChromeOS <<< attached USB 3.0 <<< FLAC <<< ripped from my sacred-ABBA/GOLD disc.

Beating my chest and throwing my arms in the air (and panicking the cats),
ScubaMan. :smirk: :ksc75smile:

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #57,439 of 153,436
If you study ABBA's music, you will find that much of Benny Andersson's music is surprisingly complex and difficult to perform well. Furthermore, Bjorn Ulvaeus' lyrics are well structured and deal a lot of dark undertones, especially so when you consider that he is not a native English speaker.

Does this mean you have...Stockholm Syndrome?

I’m here all week.

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #57,440 of 153,436
If you study ABBA's music, you will find that much of Benny Andersson's music is surprisingly complex and difficult to perform well. Furthermore, Bjorn Ulvaeus' lyrics are well structured and deal a lot of dark undertones, especially so when you consider that he is not a native English speaker.

Welp...this dark for sure...on so many levels :smirk:

Maybe they just need a better group to cover their songs :wink:

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #57,441 of 153,436

I embarrassingly outed myself as an ABBA fan one day... A sales guy was demoing some speakers and he selected an ABBA song, it only played like 3 notes before he changed it, but dummy me started laughing at him and said nice ABBA song, then he called me out for being able to name it in 3 notes...

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #57,442 of 153,436
I embarrassingly outed myself as an ABBA fan one day... A sales guy was demoing some speakers and he selected an ABBA song, it only played like 3 notes before he changed it, but dummy me started laughing at him and said nice ABBA song, then he called me out for being able to name it in 3 notes...
Dancing Queen, Take a Chance On Me, ???...readers of this post now trying to get those songs out of their heads...:)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #57,447 of 153,436
need to spin up some (joe) satriani to even things out now...

Steely Dan here, but yeah I listened to Abba for about three hours tonight.

Schiit, with this gear everything sounds good...

If you want to know how serious this whole C virus should be taken, please read the article below.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/italy-doctor-coronavirus-message-040542022.html

Like Smoky the Bear says, only you can prevent forest fires....

This Schiits no joke.

Scotch mod in play tonight with my schiit rig. Let's hope it helps boost the immune system like the interwebs tells me it does (in moderation) { please @Pietro Cozzi Tinin let me have this one....}

Please stay safe, civil, and open minded folks..

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #57,448 of 153,436
the longer i look at the name the stranger it is to call your band like that, sounds more like a star wars character
ABBA came years earlier. The question should be turned around, "Why does Star Wars have a character named like a Swedish band?".

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #57,449 of 153,436
I love ABBA. Folkens can just deal with it :)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #57,450 of 153,436
Maybe it's because ABBA happened before my time, but I don't mind them. I don't really listen to them, but I don't hate them either. Also, ABBA's stuff makes for great metal cover songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back