Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 15, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #151,861 of 153,437
I should have my adapter in a few days and will get back to you on the tube. I doubt a sandwich like that would travel well but we will think of something.😁
If u ever get down here in NC let me know and we will venture to some good b-bcue establishments!!
Maybe we can get Jason back to Raleigh as well!! @Jason Stoddard
Alex

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #151,862 of 153,437
You can get knobs of practically every size and every material on Ebay. That's where my manly man's Vali 3 knob came from. :laughing:

Vali 3 Brimar CV455.jpg
Ha! I scoff at your little girly-man knob!
20240515_145726.jpg

May 15, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #151,863 of 153,437
About time you got out of a chair or were you still in bed? I was going to draw up plans for your tube holder/spice rack/ condom dispenser but more important people needed my attention first.🤣
Seriously? It's almost 3:00 here. I've been up for at least a couple hours. Jerk. :laughing:

I was working on the microwave that in the middle of heating up some leftover pizza just stopped. No lights, no nothing. Thoroughly dead. Was hoping it was something simple like a fuse, but no such luck. Microwaves hate me. This is the 3rd house that within a month of moving in the (built-in) microwave has died. Almost like there's a message here somewhere. And I can't even blame this one on GE -- it's a Maytag. 🤣

May 15, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #151,864 of 153,437
May 15, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #151,865 of 153,437
I finally ordered a couple of bottles to CC.
Ahhh, my work here is done. 😈

I kid, I kid!!! I am absolutely not here to schlepp the whiskey I make. But I still get giddy every time I see bottles pictured or a purchase mentioned. ☺️

May 15, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #151,866 of 153,437
Seriously? It's almost 3:00 here. I've been up for at least a couple hours. Jerk. :laughing:

I was working on the microwave that in the middle of heating up some leftover pizza just stopped. No lights, no nothing. Thoroughly dead. Was hoping it was something simple like a fuse, but no such luck. Microwaves hate me. This is the 3rd house that within a month of moving in the (built-in) microwave has died. Almost like there's a message here somewhere. And I can't even blame this one on GE -- it's a Maytag. 🤣
There usually is an internal fuse.

May 15, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #151,867 of 153,437
Here is the only bike I ever owned. Raced motocross for a few years. I never bought a street bike since it would have been a rice rocket and I am pretty sure I would have killed myself on it.

1968_bultaco_250-pursang-mkiii_bultaco-4-34953.jpg
That's a cool bike!

May 15, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #151,868 of 153,437
May 15, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #151,869 of 153,437

If the Microwave does indeed need a new fuse, be sure to use a Synergistic Research PURPLE fuse as a replacement. Food is much tastier than with the OEM fuse. And be sure to orient the fuse properly or you may end up with food poisoning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #151,870 of 153,437
Almost done with the bathroom/shower reno. Third time around! LOL!
I built this house with my son and a few friends in Raleigh, NC.
No small feat in 1998 timeframe.

Never gad an issue with safety or power tools!
Well.
I bought a new Skil brand table saw.
Works sweet.

Cutting a floor plank, I looked away for 2 sec..and!!

Wait for it... Ouch!!
5 hrs in Emerg, 2 hours orths surgeon.

Well at least I didnt cut it off, but its meatloaf time and small fracture!!
And yes I did not have any safety guards on the table saw..
Idiot, yes I remind myself each minute!
:>)
Alex

Heal time 3 months for some normalcy.
A year for total healing.
And yes it hurts each time i accidently hit it or catch it putting on clothes!!
#^(&&#@!@#

Ouch, that's all it takes.

It took a while for this invention to get off the ground if memory serves:

https://www.sawstop.com/

May 15, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #151,871 of 153,437
Oh gosh Tom, you go thru life and can count your real friends they say on one hand...
This Schiit group of folks here are indeed special and your right there on top!

Make me smile almost each day I read posts...its like a long lost family...

In the Navy its well done or "BZ"!

:>)
Alex

So you have only 4.875 friends now? 🤣

Sorry, had to say it before anyone else.

Wishing you well.

May 15, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #151,872 of 153,437
If the Microwave does indeed need a new fuse, be sure to use a Synergistic Research PURPLE fuse as a replacement. Food is much tastier than with the OEM fuse. And be sure to orient the fuse properly or you may end up with food poisoning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Glad that you remembered to add that information, as I had forgotten those cautions.:relaxed:
:laughing::laughing:

May 15, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #151,873 of 153,437
It's just telling you that you're reheating leftover pizza the wrong way. Skillet, medium-low heat, with a little olive oil. Topping side down first, then crust side. You're welcome.

Usually when microwaves I've worked on have just quit, it's a safety switch. But, that doesn't happen in the middle of use like yours.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #151,874 of 153,437
That's what I thought. And there may well be a fuse in there, just nothing that looks remotely like a typical fuse. I don't have a schematic, and I'm not confident enough in my electrical abilities to go poking around with meter probes with power applied, so I'm handing this over to the home warranty people. And I'll live another day to be annoyed by @Paladin79 . 🤣🤣

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #151,875 of 153,437
It's just telling you that you're reheating leftover pizza the wrong way. Skillet, medium-low heat, with a little olive oil. Topping side down first, then crust side. You're welcome.

Usually when microwaves I've worked on have just quit, it's a safety switch. But, that doesn't happen in the middle of use like yours.
You mean like using a........stove? Wow. Didn't know that people still used those. I'll have to see if ours works. 🤣 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back