Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 11, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #53,297 of 151,180
Anyone pick up a Fulla 3 yet? Jason sent me that and a Hel for opinions, but I can't get the Fulla to be picked up by my pc as a microphone device. The HEL yes, the Fulla no. Also as soon as I plug in a mic, it mutes the regular audio. Don't have this issue with the HEL.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #53,298 of 151,180
Anyone pick up a Fulla 3 yet? Jason sent me that and a Hel for opinions, but I can't get the Fulla to be picked up by my pc as a microphone device. The HEL yes, the Fulla no. Also as soon as I plug in a mic, it mutes the regular audio. Don't have this issue with the HEL.

Check to see that the Hel or Fulla 3 are recognized in the audio settings as two different devices (one for in and one for out). In my case, on the Hel, it shows up as USB Microphone In and USB Speaker. This is different from what the setup doc says and what the Modi Multibit shows. The docs say it should show up as Hel. Maybe the Fulla 3 works the same.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #53,299 of 151,180
Check to see that the Hel or Fulla 3 are recognized in the audio settings as two different devices (one for in and one for out). In my case, on the Hel, it shows up as USB Microphone In and USB Speaker. This is different from what the setup doc says and what the Modi Multibit shows. The docs say it should show up as Hel. Maybe the Fulla 3 works the same.

The HEL is picked up as both usb audio and mic. Fulla no, Just usb audio.

hel.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #53,301 of 151,180
Ahhhhh, that would do it. The front icon isn't a mic, it looks like an icon for analog in...

@Jason Stoddard

JASOOOOON LOL

That would be why the front 1/8" port mutes everything else, and why I'm not getting audio. I'll report in a sec by sending an analog signal to that jack...

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #53,302 of 151,180
Yeah, sounds like we sent you a Fulla 2 by mistake. I'll let Amy know. Oops!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #53,303 of 151,180
Yeah, sounds like we sent you a Fulla 2 by mistake. I'll let Amy know. Oops!
I went back and looked at the box. It clearly says Fulla 2 on the box. DOH!

I blame on me being sick atm (even lost my voice). Didn't even come close to thinking about checking if it was the right version.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #53,304 of 151,180
I went back and looked at the box. It clearly says Fulla 2 on the box. DOH!

I blame on me being sick atm (even lost my voice). Didn't even come close to thinking about checking if it was the right version.

Nah, it was us. We probably just grabbed the wrong thing. We'll get you a Fulla 3, then things will probably make a lot more sense.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 11, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #53,306 of 151,180
Re: cable isolators

For those of us who are, ahem, cost conscious, can I use cheap ceramic coffee cups from the local thrift store?

Half joking, half serious.

I would think so, but the cables may not stay on them very well. I am going to try to talk my wife into making some in her pottery class lol. She is always looking for ideas anyway and a guy can only use X number of ceramic chess sets.

How many would you think you need? I bet I can get her to make something more substantial and solid with a nice groove in the top. Maybe even in purple. :ksc75smile: @bcowen only gets green though, I have to adhere to some standards.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #53,307 of 151,180

For those of us who are, ahem, cost conscious, can I use cheap ceramic coffee cups from the local thrift store?

Sure -- and if you run the cables through the cup handles it might even act like a ferrite core!! :D

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #53,310 of 151,180

Some people use wood blocks with a V-notch cut in the top to cradle the cable.

This image does not belong to me.

DSC_3758.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back