1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Torq
    Real men do that with their teeth ...

... or is that ... real beavers?

Darthpool likes this.
  2. rkw
    radsone, bcowen and JLoud like this.
  3. johnjen
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And of course, You know that Snake oil is the stuff that lets their scales slide back and forth so they can slither, so they had to adapt, due to the shortage of oil, and they learned to leap, kinda like a coiled spring.

That got me to thinking, yes that has been known to be dangerous… :ksc75smile:

But is this where the phrase 'jump the shark' came from, only it originated with jump the snake???
    Just wondering is all… hahahahahahahahahaha

JJ

ScubaMan2017 and bcowen like this.
  4. tincanear
    always looking forward to a new chapter. also hoping second part of item 3 refers to something on Black Friday to read my collection of CD's and convert into a USB 2.0 bitstream...

5. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Y'all haven't lived if you're putting down soup without trying some latin american soups...
    Schiit will change your lives.

ScubaMan2017 and bcowen like this.
  6. ScubaMan2017
    ...the electrostatic series?! I love that table. I use it when we teach the electricity unit to teenagers. Re: the amount of whoo in the wild. Sigh, looks like I'll need to tighten up my lesson plans on this topic. Too. Much. Nonsense. Dammit. :triportsad:

+1 for the video tutorial, mind you. I keep learning new, cheap and effective hacks for my ridiculous hobby. :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    bcowen and Paladin79 like this.
  7. Derrick Swart
    I would love to and would if we got quick and affordable transport to California. These ear speakers really got my attention, even though they cost more than my loudspeakers. Closest by for me to hear them is in Amsterdam (Concerto) even that is 2.5K kilometers away :frowning2:
    I patiently wait

Paladin79 likes this.
  8. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Some posts and pictures coming on the thread.

bcowen and Derrick Swart like this.
  9. judson_w
    Where I closer to the Schiitr and not limited on cash, I would.

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  10. Jason Stoddard
    Okay, I mentioned it yesterday, but Denise wants me to make this official, so....

Join us on Thursday, November 14, from 6-10PM for:

SchiitrMeet November: Analog and Digital Together, Oh My!

This evening, we're going to do two different blind comparisons:

1. Revisiting the True Multibit vs Delta-Sigma thunderdome from last month. Last time, we had some technical issues, including slow switching and imprecise level matching. This time, we'll have both of those issues worked out, so we can do a real comparison. Not only that, we'll be comparing Modi 3 to Modi Multibit, and Gungnir 4399 to Gungnir Multibit, so there's a wider range of DACs. Instant switching will be handled by a new streamer-based system that came to the Schiitr a couple of weeks ago.

2. Comparing three different cartridges that we're considering offering on the Sol. Again, this is kinda like the cartridge shootout we did a while back, but it's three currently in-production cartridges from one manufacturer. If we like one of them, we'll offer it as a standard cartridge option on the Sol when we get out of beta. Of course, you'll still be able to buy Sol without a cartridge, but we also want to offer an option for people who don't want to spend a lot of time getting set up and running.

In addition, we'll have the Jotunheim R "production qualifier" and the Raal SR1a headphones available. See how Jotunheim R does against a stack of speaker amps! This version of the Jotunheim R is what we intend for production, and it includes features such as a step baffle compensation switch that makes it ideal for the SR1a, as well as any future Raal ribbon headphones.

Again, we're located at 23508 Market Street, Newhall, CA 91321, in Old Town Newhall. Normal business hours on Thursday are 10AM-6PM. The Schiitrmeet event starts at 6PMish and goes to 10PMish.

I hope to see you there!

All the best,
    Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  11. Tim van der Leeuw
    Please, please, I would also really like to have the D/S and multibit DAC cards included in the comparison!

I'd love to have an insight how they compare to the Modi's, and the Gungnir (where in the range they stand), for either headphone or two-channel listening.

12. Alexnova
    Rooting for Modi 3 to win :sunglasses:

13. Ableza
    There are no winners or losers, only personal preferences. :)

Pandahead, RCBinTN, wout31 and 9 others like this.
  14. Brubacca
    For the love of music, please don't go the ortofon 2m direction like everyone else. The red and blue are the definition of clinical.

yonson and KaiFi like this.
  15. Rabidrat50
    It’s really interesting to see that so many great quality DACs are available & that there are some really great budget ones from America & China for around £100 or even less. I’ve heard the Modi 3 is a brilliant budget DAC

thebmc likes this.