Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 10, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #53,281 of 151,114
Given the price of some of the cables and associated cable do-dads, it's sometimes cheaper just to rip up the carpet and put in hardwood floors. :thinking:

LOL! But you mean Ripper up the carpet, right? :slight_smile:

Edit: And kinda funny you mention that. We need new carpet on the stairs. What's there is getting pretty ugly, so we had a guy come in and quote it at $800 (installed) for the carpet we wanted. Or probably better stated as the carpet my wife wanted. I thought the price was ridiculous, so I did what any responsible and caring audiophile would do: I bought a new set of headphones instead. :grimacing:

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #53,284 of 151,114
In other words, "Blah, blah, blah, magical properties from vaguely science-sounding words, blah, blah, snake oil*."

*First Cold-Pressed Snake Oil from free range organic snakes.

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #53,285 of 151,114
I do have to admit that I started a campaign to save the snakes from the snake oil milking farms.
I mean really do you have ANY idea how many snakes it takes to produce just 1 oz of pure genuine snake oil?
Rest assured the number would shock you as it did me when I investigated this issue of snake oil harvesting.

And I have found a suitable substitute which is environmentally friendly, with ZERO carbon footprint, and already is being harvested, and is usually just tossed away as being a 'waste' product.
This is a win-win-win-win-win for us audiophools, the environment, climate change, the whole worlds eco system, and of course the snakes.

Yes Shark Oil®©™ has come to the rescue to save the much maligned snakes from being over harvested into oblivion.
And of course this now revealed secret ingredient, squalane oil, will save us AND the snakes from having to listen to
poor SQ.
Not to mention carrying the guilt of supporting all of the harvesting of those abused, tortured and erroneously targeted snakes.

Yes it's true, squalane oil, is the answer to this vexing problem and the way forward to do our part in eliminating this injustice to the innocent global snake population.

Won't you do your part and join us in this thriving movement today?

JJ hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaa :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #53,286 of 151,114
Guys you're looking in the wrong direction for the cables to be free of the carpet.

Use this:
DannyDunnAndTheAntiGravityPaint.jpg

Just paint your cables and they will float in the air above the carpet
Takes some effort to try different layer thickness to be able to find the right elevation altitude. It is also very difficult to apply it evenly so the cable floats at level position.
Further more with this paint the cables can be lifted way higher from the floor in comparison to using the elevated stands and as you know the greater the distance the better the sound!
If you can't find it at your local hardware store please contact me with PM I can supply you for as little as $ 1.000 per 10 cc.
Depending on the weight and colour (green and purple are easiest to deal with) of the cable you need about 100-1000 cc per cable.
I know, I know, but good sound doesn't come cheap.

Here's proof that this paint works great

For the sceptics that see wires under the carpet in the video, these wires are just for directions, to keep the carpet going straight and have nothing to do with keeping the carpet afloat.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #53,289 of 151,114

A well written article, I particularly liked this like part.

In audio, snake oil means fake science or fake technology—anything that's claimed to improve the sound of a system but that looks like an obvious rip-off. For some people, expensive speaker cables and interconnects are snake oil. A few objectivists consider AC power treatments snake oil: most modern audio components, after all, can correct for AC line-voltage flaws and reject "ripple" in a power supply's output. A handful of hard-core objectivists maintain that every new digital technology since the advent of the Compact Disc is snake oil.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/snake-oil-short-history#FqqbRvbXJ0qKBq3k.99

I am not so sure everything after the compact disc is snake oil but I do know a small percentage of people can reliably point out sampling rates above 44.1k. I will be testing some of the "snake oil" pertaining to cables that I have not tested in the past. I work with cables a lot so I try to keep and open mind and learn new things when I can but I prefer to understand why there is a difference, if one exists.

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #53,290 of 151,114
A well written article, I particularly liked this like part.

In audio, snake oil means fake science or fake technology—anything that's claimed to improve the sound of a system but that looks like an obvious rip-off. For some people, expensive speaker cables and interconnects are snake oil. A few objectivists consider AC power treatments snake oil: most modern audio components, after all, can correct for AC line-voltage flaws and reject "ripple" in a power supply's output. A handful of hard-core objectivists maintain that every new digital technology since the advent of the Compact Disc is snake oil.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/snake-oil-short-history#FqqbRvbXJ0qKBq3k.99

I am not so sure everything after the compact disc is snake oil but I do know a small percentage of people can reliably point out sampling rates above 44.1k. I will be testing some of the "snake oil" pertaining to cables that I have not tested in the past. I work with cables a lot so I try to keep and open mind and learn new things when I can but I prefer to understand why there is a difference, if one exists.

I'm surprised they left out fuses. :scream_cat:

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #53,291 of 151,114
I'm surprised they left out fuses. :scream_cat:

LOL, true. As I told one friend, now if a fuse opens up a bit more quickly and you can rely on it more than a cheap fuse, that is fine. To say they improve sound, um I prefer to stay out of that discussion. :ksc75smile:

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #53,292 of 151,114
Guys you're looking in the wrong direction for the cables to be free of the carpet.

Use this:

Just paint your cables and they will float in the air above the carpet
Takes some effort to try different layer thickness to be able to find the right elevation altitude. It is also very difficult to apply it evenly so the cable floats at level position.
Further more with this paint the cables can be lifted way higher from the floor in comparison to using the elevated stands and as you know the greater the distance the better the sound!
If you can't find it at your local hardware store please contact me with PM I can supply you for as little as $ 1.000 per 10 cc.
Depending on the weight and colour (green and purple are easiest to deal with) of the cable you need about 100-1000 cc per cable.
I know, I know, but good sound doesn't come cheap.

Here's proof that this paint works great

For the sceptics that see wires under the carpet in the video, these wires are just for directions, to keep the carpet going straight and have nothing to do with keeping the carpet afloat.

I see a business opportunity for a new line of cable tie-downs.

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #53,294 of 151,114
My contribution to the purple discussion:

They will be in the D.C. area Dec.30 and 31 so I may get to see them then. First I need to listen to a few more songs, I have not heard a lot of Gypsy punk lol

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #53,295 of 151,114
They will be in the D.C. area Dec.30 and 31 so I may get to see them then. First I need to listen to a few more songs, I have not heard a lot of Gypsy punk lol

I have seen them twice and enjoyed them both times. It is kind of fun to listen to their discography (if you have time) and see how they change and develop. Earlier albums are very rough around the edges which gradually refine. Then after "Super Taranta!" Eugene, the lead singer, moved from New York to Rio de Janeiro, and it is very evident with a shift in styles. I am still not completely sold on their most recent album, but I have not given it that much listening.

I could go on about them or give suggestions, but I think that is enough. Most albums have some good stuff on them. Some songs might take time to get used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back