1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. CAPT Deadpool
    +1 on Schiity Speakers aka the Gjallarhorn. If Ripper can get a Gungnir Multibit Jr. (Bifrost 2)... ...what is next on our audiophile wishlist Loki Max, the Gadget?

All this great gear coming from Schiit is making it difficult to stay disciplined to saving for some high efficiency speakers. Makes me feel the Joker's jealousy when he asked "Where does he get those wonderful toys"

2. Derrick Swart
    @Jason Stoddard
    Perhaps good to check how to deal with Mani option when ordering Sol. I understand black is now available but via Sol you do not get this option. I think the black looks nice with Sol

3. Delirious Lab
    Jason, let me put this worm in everyone's ear today, the refrain of which is the French text on that "Chickenpowder and Cocaine" t-shirt. A fitting celebration for Sol's arrival.

But don't ask me how that text got on that shirt under that headline - I'm as perplexed as anyone by this.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  4. Jason Stoddard
    You get black with Sol by default, so they match.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
    thebmc, Derrick Swart, Baten and 2 others like this.
  5. dmckean44
    @Jason Stoddard

I opened searched all the Sol threads around the 2-channel forums (Steve Hoffman, Audiokarma, Vinyl Engine,etc..) and they're all asking about the effective mass of the arm so they know what cartridge to pair with it.

Someone also asked if this table has clearance to play transcription disks which I'm interested to know as well.

6. Jason Stoddard
    Effective mass? No clue, I'm afraid. I'll have to ask Tony, who may be distracted at RMAF. I'll add that when I have it. Remember, I'm the reporter, not the turntable guy.

I know the early ones could play a 16" record in a pinch.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  7. Xcalibur255
    Akro Bins..... bakers racks..... I see some of the usual 5S tricks in those photos. :) After laying eyes on this though, I really want to come work for you guys and setup a proper part numbering system for you now. Get a Zebra thermal printer or two and design a really nice slick looking part number label for the bins and overstock boxes.........

I see inventory and my mind just kind of goes to work.

8. QueYo
    Another problem with the site:
    I am unable to locate a Chickenpowder and Cocaine shirt for sale.

9. Baten
    Congratulations on Sol!!!

PioBeer likes this.
  10. PioBeer
    Hot Damn, you guys on a mission to destroy my wallet. I want it all. Great job @Jason Stoddard and @Baldr !!!

Rensek likes this.
  11. wout31
    Congrats @Jason Stoddard and Mike @Baldr on the final release of Sol. Looks great to me.
    Can't wait to have it available for pre-order at the European site.
    What I noticed is that if I make myself another size wheel and mount it on the motor I can even spin 78's on it. How cool is that.:violin::saxophone::trumpet:

PioBeer likes this.
  12. Inoculator
    Really exciting stuff! Wish I was currently in the market for a turntable (I assured my wife this last one would be turntable endgame for quite some time), would love to try this out.

I had my fingers crossed that the Sol announcement would be accompanied by a higher-end/balanced phono stage announcement as well. I will continue to hope that Schiit offers some sort of higher-end option above the Mani in the future.

Snowpuppy77 and PioBeer like this.
  13. JohnnyCanuck
    Yes, me too. I have two very good turntables here and I'm looking at upgrading my phono preamp.

JC

PioBeer and Inoculator like this.
  14. PioBeer
    +1 on a higher end tube phono preamp giant killer that makes all the snobby MC analog guys weep in the corner sucking their own thumbs because they just spent 5k on a phono preamp that's not as good.

Inoculator likes this.
  15. ScottFree
    Jason.

Great, Great, Great to hear that Sol is now in production ), but I was wondering.Do you still have enough space at the Schiitbox or will you soon have to plan another move, or a expansion of your current base.