1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. DACattack
    Congrats on shipping Sol. A labor of love indeed. I sold all my vinyl years ago but I’m intrigued. I’ll see how things shake out and maybe take the bait in a few months. Hope it performs and sells well. (Personally, I’m more interested in a CD transport since I still have lots of CDs around.)

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  2. axle11
    Holy Schiit!

3. Balthazar B
    As part of the black vocal minority, just have to ask. What's the percentage of black/silver Freya+ these days? <ahem> :stuck_out_tongue:

You had to know *that* was coming, he he he.... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Darthpool likes this.
  4. wabe
    I believe Jason was comparing Hel (the "prototype" gaming project) to Fulla in terms of output. Where did you see the new Fulla announcement?

5. FireLion
    My workmate who used to be in the audio industry makes these 2520 opamps, the ones here are two 49710's in class-a on his proprietary pcb and they have an interesting sound (I think he knows one of your designers).

I also need a Jotunheim. :L3000:

Pc5MYrT.jpg

AudioGal and Ableza like this.
  6. PioBeer
    Gotcha, I figured the HEL might be like a Fulla 3, but I guess it's indeed a different animal?

7. wabe
    Someone will hopefully come in and correct me where I'm wrong, but I think it's essentially a Fulla 2 with the addition of a microphone input, based on what Jason said.

Mike-WI likes this.
  8. ThorCorps
    While I haven't timed my Freya S, I'd agree that it's start-up time is about half of the OG Freya (I have both). Running temp for the Freya S is basically room temperature, compared to the quite toasty OG Freya with LISST.

9. AndreYew
    Is the electronic Sol user manual on schiit.com missing pages? It seems to only have 1 page, and it kind of leaves you hanging.

Jheal likes this.
  10. nerone
    For those who like to roll op-amps I think there is a reasonable amount of options (I won't mention brands, but they are easily found on the forum and internet). Even one specific DIY project that someone can find a technician to build for not too much money designed by a Pass Labs engineer.

CAPT Deadpool and thebmc like this.
  11. Varejao17
    Congrats Jason - looks like a SOLid product.

RCBinTN and Jason Stoddard like this.
  12. hearditontheX
    Just want to extend my congrats to Schiit on releasing the Sol.

I hope Mike’s baby kicks ass at RMAF.

Now that Sol is out there, I have to figure out the plan to give one a Florida home.

thebmc likes this.
  13. bcowen
    Beautiful 'table!! Oops, I guess I should say 'turntable' to avoid the nicknames. :slight_smile:

Kudos to Tony and Elvis as well for a beautifully 5S'ed workspace. A place for everything, everything in its place, everything labeled. Wish I could get my guys to do the same....consistently. And to echo @dmckean44 , the effective mass of the tonearm is a critically needed spec, especially when mating up MC cartridges that have compliances all over the map.

sam6550a and Jason Stoddard like this.
  14. Jason Stoddard
    Yep! Fixed.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
    AndreYew and RCBinTN like this.
  15. IndieGradoFan
    Is it too soon to talk cartridge selection? I’m sure some folks have ordered some already. Leaning towards Denon 103R here.

The 30m video definitely sold me on Sol. Polar opposite to my Rega.

GearMe likes this.