Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 7, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #49,067 of 150,081
Yep, that would be either Neil Young or Bob Dylan. Certainly not Willie Nelson ... his voice is sublime :)
And BTW, Hank Williams started all this. Blame it on Bill Monroe.

Just when I was finally erasing from my mind the existence of that "singer"...

tumblr_pcyyzldFry1r9qwkso1_250.jpg

I forgive you cause you're in the Opeth camp, but please be more considerate next time :D

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #49,069 of 150,081
I don't much care for country music, but Patsy Cline would be heavenly even doing rap. And I also make an exception for Carrie Underwood, not so much because of her voice but because she's from my wife's hometown.
Actually Kacey Musgraves is the current female best.
Her album beat out Chris Stapleton's for the 2018 album of the year ... quite a feat; Chris had won the previous two years!

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #49,071 of 150,081
Aug 7, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #49,072 of 150,081
Must listen to the Opeth now, thanks to whoever mentioned them. Finding new material to listen to is the toughest part of my job. I listen to a broad spectrum of music. Amazon Music Unlimited is a great source

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #49,074 of 150,081
Must listen to the Opeth now, thanks to whoever mentioned them. Finding new material to listen to is the toughest part of my job. I listen to a broad spectrum of music. Amazon Music Unlimited is a great source
My favorite of theirs is The Ghost Reveries

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #49,077 of 150,081
Actually Kacey Musgraves is the current female best.
Her album beat out Chris Stapleton's for the 2018 album of the year ... quite a feat; Chris had won the previous two years!

But...but...I don't like country music, even though I *did* live in Nashville for 5 years. I guess to nitpick myself, it was only 3 years with an actual Nashville address and 2 more in Hendersonville. Close enough...:slight_smile:

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #49,078 of 150,081
My favorite of theirs is The Ghost Reveries

Amazing album from start to finish, but to me... it's impossible to pick a favourite, I guess I qualify as an Opeth fanboy.

@Robert Padgett Most of Opeth songs are an exquisite mix between a heavy sound (and vocals) and super mellow ultra melodic passages. They have, however, a couple of albums that are way more calmer than the rest (perfect for listening at night while working in front of the computer, for example): Damnation and Heritage. Be sure to check them out, since it's part of what makes this band to get so many applauses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back