Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 7, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #49,052 of 149,298
Anyone else having issues getting on the Schiit website? Getting a message from Chrome that its security certificate expired yesterday.
I get a privacy warning.

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #49,053 of 149,298
Anyone else having issues getting on the Schiit website? Getting a message from Chrome that its security certificate expired yesterday.

I just tried to get on and got a yellow framed Security Issue notice.

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #49,054 of 149,298

I get a privacy warning.

I just tried to get on and got a yellow framed Security Issue notice.

@exdmd did bring this up with the explanation for it. Though the message did not properly tag @Jason Stoddard so I guess I will do that now.

Hi Jason, the SSL certificate for www.schiit.com needs to be renewed:)

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #49,056 of 149,298
So no Hank Williams or Hank Williams Jr?

Also

Gunfighter Ballads by Marty Robbins? Missing out.
...and don’t forget Patsy Cline...

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #49,058 of 149,298

How could anyone forget Miss Patsy Cline? Are you "Crazy"?

My issue is about the voice of an angel, Alison Krauss, who sometimes sounds very Country, and other times, mainstream. I could watch a program featuring the top 10 C&W stars, and I doubt if I have ever heard of them. Country Music is like Pro Wrestling and NASCAR--manufactured entertainment, packaged and sold to a demographic group that Love it. Some of the Weird Music I have found with Amazon Music Unlimited are not household names either.

I love some Alison Krauss and use "Paper Airplane" as a reference in testing and reviewing equipment. I have heard that album so many times, and having sound so different due to the set-up at the time, I can make judgements of my impressions. I have "discovered" Classical since finding Headphones and Tube HP Amplifiers. It has always been there, and I am glad I have spent enough time with it to seek it out. Amazon have very well gauged the interest in Classical and it sounds great. I can hardly wait for the announced Hi-Res service for $14.99/mo.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #49,061 of 149,298
A former business partner of mine used to describe certain voices as "Able to sterilize roaches at 400 yards." Assign that as you see fit. :)

Aug 7, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #49,062 of 149,298
A former business partner of mine used to describe certain voices as "Able to sterilize roaches at 400 yards." Assign that as you see fit. :)
Yep, that would be either Neil Young or Bob Dylan. Certainly not Willie Nelson ... his voice is sublime :)
And BTW, Hank Williams started all this. Blame it on Bill Monroe.

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #49,065 of 149,298

I don't much care for country music, but Patsy Cline would be heavenly even doing rap. And I also make an exception for Carrie Underwood, not so much because of her voice but because she's from my wife's hometown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back