1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Rensek
    So I had to look that up. Hard Pass. No thanks.

From Wikipedia.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_luwak

"The traditional method of collecting feces from wild civets has given way to intensive farming methods in which civets in battery cage systems are force-fed the cherries. This method of production has raised ethical concerns about the treatment of civets due to "horrific conditions" including isolation, poor diet, small cages and a high mortality rate.[2][3][4]"

ScubaMan2017 and Mike-WI like this.
  2. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I had quite the discussion about it with Constanza.
    Offered her extra care and snookels if she got chewing my coffee beans.
    The idea never got her exited so that was the end of it.

3. sam6550a
    She is a very astute feline.

4. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Well yeah she a kind of a hardball.
    But she is always my everything.

RCBinTN and sam6550a like this.
  5. PioBeer
    Bought a Fulla 2 just for the hell of it (OK I really wanted a knob). just out of the box, this is a damn fine DAC/amp combo for the $. It's already pulling in more ambiance and detail than my previous FIIO E17, and it hasn't even burned in. Great product @Jason Stoddard!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 5:39 PM
  6. JohnnyCanuck
    snookels?

JC

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  7. Xcalibur255
    snookel; [verb] - "A carefully purrfected act of worship bestowed upon your superior feline overlord, primarily for the purposes of appeasement."

8. ScubaMan2017
    I’ve mused about picking up a B-stock A2, to replace my Magni3. 0% need. My Valhalla2 is an awesome toy (Is its SQ or output into HD650 different from an Asgard? No idea). And if I want to mess around with tubes, I fire up my tricked out Vali-2.

My guts telling me the sound from an Asgard is = to my VH2. My next frivolous can purchase will be a planar magnetic of some kind. Perhaps the benefits of an Asgard will be lost on me.....?..... :ksc75smile: Magni3 & Vali2 should be enough to drive Audeze or HiFiMan or Fostex (<$800 CDN). No?

thebmc likes this.
  9. hearditontheX
    Truly coffee that is shiit. Oh hell no, especially with the unethical treatment of the animals.

10. RickB
    I've owned the Asgard 2 and now own the Magni 3. The Magni beats it, IMO. (And I prefer the Magni sound to the Jotunheim, but that's another story...)

11. Snowpuppy77
    Understand. Could have asked that question much better. To be a little clearer I am just gathering information to make a decision not have it made for me. I am currently using a pair of Spatial M3 Triode Masters which are 12 ohms and 93 db efficient. So I am not really after wattage as much as I am after quality of the power. That said I may use the amp in the future with other speakers like the Magnepan 1.7i or 0.7.

+ You mentioned that the DePaiva Audioworks amp slaughtered the Ragnarok 1 but the Aegir and Freya got a lot closer. Would the DePaivia also slaughter the Ragnarok 2? And does that mean that two Aegirs would have come even closer to the Depaiva? Not sure because two Aegirs do not have a 4 ohm rating so perhaps not as good a match for the Magnepan 1.7. At least Ragnarok 2 has a 4 ohm rating and designed for difficult loads vs Ragnarok 1.
    + Also you mentioned that the Ragnarok 2 is probably a richer sounding amp than the Aegir. I was going to get two Aegirs but based on those comments I am wondering if I would be better off with the Ragnarok 2 especially for my current speakers. And based on the the Ragarok 2 being more of a speaker amp and being able to handle more difficult loads than the Ragnarok 1, I wonder if the Ragnarok 2 would also be better with a pair of Maggie 1.7i at 4 ohms since two Aegirs in monoblock do not have a 4 ohm rating.
    + And finally the Ragnarok 1 may not be a good enough preamp to do the Aegir's justice. If that were the case then Ragnarok 2 would be the choice as I do not want to split my headphone and speaker systems due to having a Yggrasil and TT that I want to use for both with no extra switches or contacts.

Rensek likes this.
  12. Snowpuppy77
    Agree. However before I do that I want to get a little closer to the pin. The 5% restocking fee and shipping cost to return would be at least $150. Want to decide which one to try first. Probably not going to buy them all at the same time. But would be the best way as you say. Who knows if I end up with enough money maybe I will. And while I would need to dish out another $150 to return the least favored it may be worth it. Would also need to buy another set of balanced interconnects if I buy both or try Aegirs first.

Rensek and Gaspasser like this.
  13. JohnnyCanuck
    If you're going to use planar magnetic phones with the Asgard 2 make sure that you select phones with fairly high sensitivity. I use HE400S with my Asgard 2 on high gain and find that they are a good match. And < Cdn 800 (much less).

JC

thebmc and ScubaMan2017 like this.
  14. ScubaMan2017
    Questions, @JohnnyCanuck ... HE400S are HiFiMan, right? I treat my gear gently (avoid flexing jacks; store in a case when not in use; ONLY inside use). How old is your set? Any electrical shorts or dead drivers? How easy are they to repair? (I'm still looking at the HiFiMan Sundaras as my next set).

15. Ripper2860
    +1 on HE400S, BTW. They are Hifiman and are not as 'fragile' as some earlier/other models. Excellent value!! :wink:

BTW -- traded my Sundaras for Anandas. Love my Anandas, but must say -- Sundaras are darn close at almost 1/2 the price!!! EXCELLENT value at $500 -- SUPER EXCELLENT at $350 (if you catch it on sale).

I own HE400S and Ananda and owned Sundara. All are fantastic!! Also -- Ananda sounds great on VH2. :wink:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 8:48 PM
    thebmc likes this.