1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Gazny
    It was 0% need for me too, but it does feel like an upgrade from the magni for me
    Dont think the beyerdynamic DT 880 (600 ohm) would be a good match?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 9:49 PM
  2. JohnnyCanuck
    Yes, HiFiMan HE400S. This is their entry level phone but it's also their most sensitive (don't quote me on that, though). I got mine shortly after their introduction some 2 or 3 years ago. I don't use headphones often but I do enjoy these. Lightweight and comfortable. I haven't had any problems with them. I have no idea about the repair but I'm sure that Google would be your friend here.

And, powered by an Asgard 2 with the gain set to high (ie, no overall negative feedback), they sound very good.

JC

thebmc likes this.
  3. JohnnyCanuck
    I've never heard them so I have no comment.

JC

4. Gazny
    Meant to say 600 ohm headphones wouldnt be a good match

5. Rensek
    Asgard 2 does 190 mw into 600 ohm, the beyerdynamics are very efficient. Seems like it's probably a good match.

Gazny likes this.
  6. rdaneel
    I'll second the recommendation for the Sundaras. I've been using them for about a month and like them a lot. I should probably sell my 400i, as they don't get use any more. I've also had the HE400 (original), HE6, and HE1000 and have been impressed with the sound and value offered by each. I've gotten them all used and sold the pairs I've replaced at close to what I paid, so there isn't much risk to trying them out if you can pick them up used and in good condition. Good luck with your search!

7. QueYo
    People more knowledgeable and respected than me have said that the Aegir pairs well with Magnepan. I listened to monoblock Aegirs driving Magnepans at the Schiitr and it wasn't enough power for me. I'll be going with Vidars.

Snowpuppy77 likes this.
  8. Dana Reed
    Two Vidars works well with 1.7is. It is possible to put them in protection, but you can get pretty decent volume with good sound before you get to that point.

Alcophone and Snowpuppy77 like this.
  9. dieslemat

Do you know anyone using the Aegirs with the new LRS??

Snowpuppy77 likes this.
  10. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Made that up myself. Constanza likes it.
    "You want some snookels"? and here she comes....

11. Leopold Nenning
    "snookels" is clearly a dutch word, as are all words with two "o"s and a "k". It shares a root with snuggles, it's English equivalent, and has nothing to do with the fantastic ball game called Snooker, which can not be performed around cats because they stubbornly like to rest in the middle of the table on which it is played.

RCBinTN and ScubaMan2017 like this.
  12. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    or they are one of the contenders.

In Dutch it's written as snoekels.
    Snookels is the English spelling.
    Because Contanza is a polyglot she understands both.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 7:17 AM
  13. Snowpuppy77
    Thank you and QueYo for insight. My Dad has a pair of Magnepan 3.7i driven by a Musicial Fidely KW500 amp. One of those two chassis integrated amps with Nuvista tubes and 500wpc. Really is a great match. I have been able to tell if the Magepans are getting all the power they need. I have heard them when they are under powered and they sound like they lack the energy to propel the music and fill with life. My Dad's amp makes the maggies come alive. They are a wonderful experience.

14. Leopold Nenning
    bien sur

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  15. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Constanza says snoukies..

RCBinTN likes this.