Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 1, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #46,098 of 151,562
Looking to upgrade my modi as I need another dac and just got new cans(isine10's b-stock) any paths that I should consider. I am currently looking at a BiMby. Anyone know if the Gimby has the same boot up time? or can I just leave both these on?
Hi Gazny,

Please make sure isine's do not have a dac in it. I have not used
I leave my Bifrost Multibit on all the time.
Confused; as far as I know i Sines have a DAC in line? I may be wrong then.

May 2, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #46,104 of 151,562
I can only state that the sound quality is consistent. It definitely improved over 'out of the box' after a week or so, but, since it has stayed energized, I have no way to compare it to what it was years ago.
But if you turn it off now and tomorrow on again, does it take then another week to sound good again?

May 2, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #46,105 of 151,562
But if you turn it off now and tomorrow on again, does it take then another week to sound good again?
My Bimby seems to “warm up” in about 15-20 minutes like most components. I find the continuous uptime argument to be hogwash personally. My system is sensitive enough to hear distinct differences in interconnects, speaker cables, and some power mods, and I can’t hear any change in Bimby beyond the normal warm up time of any other hifi equipment. Maybe Gumby and Yggy are different, but I doubt it.

May 2, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #46,106 of 151,562
My Bimby seems to “warm up” in about 15-20 minutes like most components. I find the continuous uptime argument to be hogwash personally. My system is sensitive enough to hear distinct differences in interconnects, speaker cables, and some power mods, and I can’t hear any change in Bimby beyond the normal warm up time of any other hifi equipment. Maybe Gumby and Yggy are different, but I doubt it.
I have not used any other Schiit DAC other than a Yaggy Analogue 2. I have no doubt that yaggy responds to time in a positive way. As far as I have heard though, gumby is not the same way. But I can't comment on that.

May 2, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #46,107 of 151,562
Schiit Audio: your ZENDESK software is effective (keeping track of customer questions/repair-requests). Thanks, eh. :)

May 2, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #46,109 of 151,562
I find the continuous uptime argument to be hogwash personally.

That's not us offering the advice ... it comes from the DAC designer Mr. Mike Moffat :)

May 2, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #46,110 of 151,562
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back