Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 20, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #44,927 of 150,902
Was thinking a high quality memory buffered transport with top loading and a selection of digital outputs, strong consideration for clocks, etc for an affordable price. Pretty much what they do in all other product categories. Those features don’t come from other manufacturers under $2-3k, and I’m betting Schiit can do it as well for MUCH cheaper. That’s where my excitement lies. As for Schiit fanboys, count me as one. I never expected this level of fidelity for such little financial outlay (I’m strictly in the two channel realm).
I'll be very surprised if they come up with anything that beats my $15 Denon DVD player off of craigslist. They might put some unique features into it, like their gadget or whatever, for true pitch adjustment, but that's not improving the CD transport, just combining products. If they do manage to come up with something unique to actual CD playback, I'm all ears, and will drool over every Jason post about it. I just don't expect it. What I do expect is more of the above, people proclaiming the righteousness of schiit as the only company trying to make cheap audio products. Like what even. They are truly great at what they do, but the fanboyism of this thread is off the charts. I do suppose they have earned a good deal of respect and admiration though.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #44,929 of 150,902
I'll be very surprised if they come up with anything that beats my $15 Denon DVD player off of craigslist. They might put some unique features into it, like their gadget or whatever, for true pitch adjustment, but that's not improving the CD transport, just combining products. If they do manage to come up with something unique to actual CD playback, I'm all ears, and will drool over every Jason post about it. I just don't expect it. What I do expect is more of the above, people proclaiming the righteousness of schiit as the only company trying to make cheap audio products. Like what even. They are truly great at what they do, but the fanboyism of this thread is off the charts. I do suppose they have earned a good deal of respect and admiration though.
"Like what even"?
'Fanboyism' on a sponsored thread about a product line from a company who makes good cheap audio gear...What a startling revelation... you are really astute. Oh, By the way, which charts are you citing, is this something Amir is measuring?
Yes, they have earned our respect and admiration-- not because of Jason's boyish charm, and amazing skill at writing, or Mike's choice of vocabulary--they earned the respect and admiration because they make the Music you own, sound better. Jason and Mike did it, while other poke and criticize. But, nobody else is doing it, so that says a great deal about the Industry, does it not?

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #44,930 of 150,902
My only desire for the CD Transport over that already specified is -- POWER SWITCH ON THE FRONT!!! :grinning:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #44,931 of 150,902

I have not bought anything made by Schiit but now I know about their connection with Sumo I might.
Loved my Charlie Tuner

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #44,932 of 150,902
"Like what even"?
'Fanboyism' on a sponsored thread about a product line from a company who makes good cheap audio gear...What a startling revelation... you are really astute. Oh, By the way, which charts are you citing, is this something Amir is measuring?
Yes, they have earned our respect and admiration-- not because of Jason's boyish charm, and amazing skill at writing, or Mike's choice of vocabulary--they earned the respect and admiration because they make the Music you own, sound better. Jason and Mike did it, while other poke and criticize. But, nobody else is doing it, so that says a great deal about the Industry, does it not?

You basically just proved his point
:)

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #44,934 of 150,902
People who like vinyl can continue to use it. People who don't, wont. People like me who have been there done that won't go back are here too. None of it matters. Schiit is producing a turntable for those who wish to use vinyl. The rest of this dead-horse discussion can be deleted.

Where's the fun in that?! :ksc75smile:

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #44,937 of 150,902
Where's the fun in that?! :ksc75smile:
The fun is not having to read through the same old bullschiit arguments and discussions that have been polluting audio forums for decades now.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #44,938 of 150,902
The fun is not having to read through the same old bullschiit arguments and discussions that have been polluting audio forums for decades now.
We can learn a lot here too no?
I nowadays try inserting my fuses three ways before settling on the best sounding one.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #44,939 of 150,902
We can learn a lot here too no?
I nowadays try inserting my fuses three ways before settling on the best sounding one.
I find that sideways sounds the best. But only if the fuses have been cryogenicly treated.

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #44,940 of 150,902
Ha...good luck with that!

Your replies often make me smile/laugh; I 'hear' the more gruff ones in a Clint Eastwood voice

upload_2019-3-20_11-57-39.jpeg

Honestly...I love to hear about new products, meaningful audio topics, etc. but I really do enjoy the personalities/interactions even when the topic is hashed-over, mundane, cats, whatever! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back