Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #44,896 of 148,092
I keep thinking I have the perfect word lurking just out of reach in my subconscious. Unicorn Filter probably isn't it.
“The filter of harmonious perfection” probably sets the wrong tone (and I laughed out loud when it appeared in my head).

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #44,897 of 148,092
I'm debating what cans to bring for demo with Rag 2. Leaning toward HE-6 or K1000. Does the Schiitr currently have the HD800 in the house, or is it on the road?
There were 800s there a couple weeks ago...

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #44,898 of 148,092
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #44,900 of 148,092
297514567_o.jpg
You left out 8-track and vinyl...
I have listed Quad 8 which covers 8-Track and I have 8 turntables including one in my Boom box .

Attachments

• 297514567_o.jpg
    297514567_o.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #44,903 of 148,092
Mar 19, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #44,908 of 148,092
I'm not. But it is a format that is damaged by physical wear each time it is used, so you should use it as rarely as you can.

Well, i already know that the profile of users here it's in major part "digital boys" ... so, let me say something clear: a vinyl will last an entire life without any change in sound under certain conditions.

What conditions? a clean record used with clean and not damaged stylus.

These are facts already tested and you can find that on the www ... also i have disks with 40 / 50 years and sounds incredible without any appreciable loss.
Sometimes, we mix some wrong theory and some bad examples and we finally say things as nature laws ... when it's not really that way.

I can say that in theory the music layer on CD cannot be damaged (Sony / Phillips say that bull**** on the 80s) ... and you know this don't go well in practice. With vinyl it's the same, can be damaged and can lose quality on certain conditions. Treat well your vinyl and they will sound great your entire life. These facts are known by any serious collector that i know.

You don't believe? Ok, i will add the opinion of one professional reviewer, and obviously record collector,

https://www.cnet.com/news/do-vinyl-lps-wear-out-well-bust-that-myth/

You don't believe it anyway? Ok, it's your right, be happy as i'm with vinyl records :thumbsup:

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #44,909 of 148,092
Are you saying that Vinyl Is a dead format? ...
It will fade away when a generation changes. Teenagers don't know how to use rotary phones these days. I doubt people born these days will have music on physical media when they become teenagers. Even now do you know any 16-year olds who have CD's or LP's? It's all in files locally or in the cloud.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #44,910 of 148,092
First article Aegirs now approved! I expect we'll be shipping some this week.

FINALLY!
In other depressing news, the [REDACTED] has been a glorious success keeping the cats amused, and the reliability trials are still ongoing.
Thus far it has been subjected to being immersed in boiling bitumen, coated in feathers from a female leghorn, used as a shot put at the local sports arena, and still functions perfectly.
After much soul searching, both Mike and I feel that releasing this product would be too traumatic to the public at large.
For instance, there is nothing more soul destroying than hurling your beloved [REDACTED] at you recalcitrant spouse or sibling and finding that after the event, it still funtions as intended.
Where is the remorse...? Where is the feeling of consolation as you purchase a new replacement with the fervent vows to never behave in that way again.

In other more heartening news, our [SON OF REDACTED] prototype blew up spectacularly and spewed forth sheets of flames and incendiary pieces of componentry in all all direcrions.
DARPA, arrived on the scens after detecting the seismic distrubance and confiscated the remains and all the relevant documentation pertaining thereto.
As they were departing they were heard to mutter something along the lines of it being the replacement to neuclear and atomic based weoponry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back