1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Robert Padgett
    "The T-38 amphibious scout tank was a Soviet amphibious light tank that saw service in World War II."-wikipedia.

And you are correct, I meant T-34 which was the tank that took on the Panzers (which also has a 38-T)* Google is a wonderful augmentation to failing memory...Thanks for keeping me in my lane... *-"Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) was originally a Czechoslovak tank of pre-World War II design. After Czechoslovakia was taken over by Germany, it was adopted by the German Army, seeing service in the invasions of Poland, France and the USSR. Production ended in 1942, when its main armament was deemed inadequate. In all, over 1,400 Pz. 38(t)s were manufactured."

Anyhow, those Soviet Era tubes are built like a Brick Schiit-huis...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Robert Padgett

You make a very good point...ignoring a person means that you have closed your mind, at least to what they are saying, and in many cases they are good contributors with good information, and I don't need a button to "ignore" something, or someone.

the finisher and barondla like this.
  3. dmckean44
    Those are agricultural labels and have their own rules. Currently, any meat that passes the USDA inspection process can be labeled "Product of the U.S.A."

4. RCBinTN
    Well thanks, Jason, for waking up the thread. I have a couple comments ...

1. I speak for myself, but others may agree, thank you and Schiit Audio for trying your best to "do the right thing" regarding local sourcing. We respect you for that.
    2. You have documented transparency to support #1.
    3. The collaboration between you & Bob is admirable ... he didn't have to do that. Buy him a beer.

All the best,
    RCB

5. alpovs
    A philosophical thought. How do those FTC rules apply to chemical companies? For example pharmaceutical companies or fertilizer, or plastics manufacturers etc. For example they get reactants from China and synthesize drugs, fertilizers etc. in the USA. Due to chemical transformations, zero of the reactants is left in the product unlike those chip resistors that will stay chip resistors forever. The product is a completely new material literally made in the USA. Can't they say "Made in USA"? Maybe "Synthesized in USA"?

6. Jason Stoddard
    With respect to #3, yep, I hear you, and we have bought each other beers on many things (he alerted me to Prop 65, I figured out a couple of chemicals we both use, and passed the info on to him as well.)

Here's the thing: most of the time, in this industry, this is how things go. Manufacturers are, almost to a fault, cordial with each other, and willing to share knowledge. If you saw the RMAF panel i linked here a while back, it really is pretty much like that, all the time. There's really none of the infighting as you sometimes might see between, say, fans of different brands of gear. And that's the way it should be. Like I said, this isn't a zero-sum game. And, manufacturing is hard. I have great respect for anyone who decides to give it a go.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  7. RCBinTN
    That's great. In my work history, we solved a lot of problems by sharing info and solutions over a bier or two. And, walked away friends as well :)

sam6550a and barondla like this.
  8. Mike-WI
    Pharmaceuticals are regulated by the FDA for one.

9. Brubacca
    Not that you care, but I personally think that you made a good decision to comply. How does the saying go- "Discretion is the better part of valor".

Do I think that it is BS... yep. I see this especially in sports where they are so intent on making the rules perfect that they lose the idea or concept of what the intention of the rule is. This is the same to me. Keep your head down, and make us more Schiit.... Whether it says "Made in America", "Assembled in America" or "Designed in America", who really gives a Schiit?

Thanks for what you do. Both in the hardware and the writing/posting here.

My Zeroth item is listening to my Gumby Sourced System.

RCBinTN, sam6550a and US Blues like this.
  10. KoshNaranek
    I agree with this man when it comes to amphibious tanks

11. boblauer
    I've worked for a computer manufacturer in California for the last 16 years and we got hit with this in mid 2K time frame. Same issues proving every component was sourced, history etc.. We opted for Assembled in USA and then years later sourced everything overseas and got rid of the labeling. It sucks but is a fact for the global market. IMO what you did was the best choice and you carry on doing what you do and providing gear for people and jobs for Americans and Californians specifically. No need to go down the rabbit hole.

barondla and Rensek like this.
  12. wink
    How about a Made in "The Peoples' Republic of America" sticker ?... :ksc75smile:

ScubaMan2017 and US Blues like this.
  13. wink
    I used to be more prolific with my prose in my posts until I realised that a picture is worth a thousand words........:L3000:
    What I could never understand, though, is that if that maxim were true, why do pictures almostly universally require captions...? :ksc75smile:

14. GearMe
    Vermont? :wink:

audio philestine, AudioGal and wink like this.
  15. wink
    FTFY....:ksc75smile:

ScubaMan2017, GearMe and 33na3rd like this.