Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 22, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #40,666 of 149,296
For what it's worth, I like seeing music posted here. I haven't ever checked the other thread, nor will I. It's all I can do to keep up with this thread (and Mike's as well).

Ditto. As long as it doesn't become so prevalent that it detracts from our core interest in cat pics I think it is fine to share here.

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #40,667 of 149,296
For what it's worth, I like seeing music posted here. I haven't ever checked the other thread, nor will I. It's all I can do to keep up with this thread (and Mike's as well).
I like seeing music posted here as well.

I am running out of space so I will probably gift a Valhalla 2 and a couple Dacs to friends and maybe some interconnect cables. I still need to build another Coaster amp in a flying saucer motif if I ever get free on weekends. It should amuse my son and delight my granddaughter when completed. I need to find a tiny music activated LED controller since flashing LED's are a must in this build. This is just a fun project, and I will most likely incorporate some Christmas music, Mannheim Steamroller.

The controllers are easy to find and I have some extra headphone drivers laying around, this may end up being a self contained device that is more of a light show than a headphone amplifier. I have some thin DAP's that could be mounted underneath to feed the Coaster amp. It does not need to be very loud and it is mostly to please a child so sound quality is not a driving factor. @CAPT Deadpool if this works well I will help you build one for your kids. It needs a speaker output of some type to activate the LED's.

Tom

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #40,668 of 149,296
My point of posting musical recommendations ALSO on the music tread tends to be willingly wrongly interpreted by people who: or are not capable to read or people who want to score brownie points.
My reasoning, that such postings here are well received but misplaced if ONLY placed here in this resort, still stands.
Get a life ladies. We're all dispensable nono's with some(times) moderate ego-issues here.
Not everyone on this website is Schiit inclined but all are music lovers.

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #40,669 of 149,296
Great recommendation.
Can you also post them here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...new-thread-new-rules-please-read-them.253245/
It will expand the amount of people you reach with musical recommendations.
I agree. The other thread is just folks posting cover art, which is cool but requires a lot of space. I would be happy with recommendations like:

Beck, "Morning Phase"
if I want to see cover art, it is google search away. I would hate to see album covers edging out cute kitty cats...and my Dog, Thomas

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #40,671 of 149,296
I like seeing music posted here as well.

I am running out of space so I will probably gift a Valhalla 2 and a couple Dacs to friends and maybe some interconnect cables. I still need to build another Coaster amp in a flying saucer motif if I ever get free on weekends. It should amuse my son and delight my granddaughter when completed. I need to find a tiny music activated LED controller since flashing LED's are a must in this build. This is just a fun project, and I will most likely incorporate some Christmas music, Mannheim Steamroller.

The controllers are easy to find and I have some extra headphone drivers laying around, this may end up being a self contained device that is more of a light show than a headphone amplifier. I have some thin DAP's that could be mounted underneath to feed the Coaster amp. It does not need to be very loud and it is mostly to please a child so sound quality is not a driving factor. @CAPT Deadpool if this works well I will help you build one for your kids. It needs a speaker output of some type to activate the LED's.

Tom

Tom

With a quick search I found this: It is 2 inchs around and probably can easily be modified by desoldering the leds and reattaching them remoted by wires. Adafruit makes a variety of these boards and other small circuits to choose from.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3333

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #40,672 of 149,296
I agree. The other thread is just folks posting cover art, which is cool but requires a lot of space. I would be happy with recommendations like:

Beck, "Morning Phase"
if I want to see cover art, it is google search away. I would hate to see album covers edging out cute kitty cats...and my Dog, Thomas
Robert, here is one of my photos, please try not to be too critical. :)
Pictures0019.jpg

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #40,673 of 149,296
Tom

With a quick search I found this: It is 2 inchs around and probably can easily be modified by desoldering the leds and reattaching them remoted by wires. Adafruit makes a variety of these boards and other small circuits to choose from.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3333

Interesting, I found controller and remote for $7.00 and my LEDS will be around the outside of the saucer but I will keep that in mind. I will do a small video when I get it done, plastic dome is only about $5.00.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #40,674 of 149,296
Robert, here is one of my photos, please try not to be too critical. :)
Those eyes would draw anyone into the photo. Nice Bokah. Nice kitty pictureDSC03928_v1.JPG

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #40,676 of 149,296
Those eyes would draw anyone into the photo. Nice Bokah. Nice kitty picture

Great looking dog.

You can see it is a trick of the light which gives part of the effect to the eyes. My wife submitted some of my photos and that one ended up on a calendar.

It is very kind of you to help folks out with audio gear. I am oftentimes dealing with students who are hard pressed to afford expensive gear so it is nice that Schiit makes some affordable products. Schiit Coaster amps completed can be under $50 and those can be a start into the world of headphone amps. There is another thread dealing with those if you are unfamiliar Robert.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unofficial-schiit-diy-coaster-amp.883624/

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #40,678 of 149,296
Great looking dog.

You can see it is a trick of the light which gives part of the effect to the eyes. My wife submitted some of my photos and that one ended up on a calendar.

snip
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unofficial-schiit-diy-coaster-amp.883624/

When I was in Junior High, the wood shop teacher complimented my ability in drafting, after the chisel went flying across the room from the wood lathe. He found that putting me at a drafting board was safer than the alternative. I studied Mies and Frank, and by my Freshman year in High School, I was designing habitats of the future...to the extent that my father took me to the Bauhaus in Chicago (Illinois Institute of Technology School of Architecture) for an interview with the Dean.

Soldering guns seem harmless, but I have proven that is not true...I have seen the coaster boards, and I will let the Schiit folks do my soldering, thanks.

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #40,679 of 149,296
Hope that hypothetical Asgard 3 becomes a reality. 299 for a powerful AMP with the balanced AKM dac card would be a great value. I am currently one of those who is looking for something a little better than Magni and Modi, but I dont really care about balanced so Joutenheim is not really a good fit for me. Would definitely give said imaginary Asgard a try,

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #40,680 of 149,296
Hey all,

Your friendly morning moderation commentary (which should be read as, "Grumpy Jason doesn't like to be bothered.")

1. If you are not allowed to post on this thread, but think you can now behave (that includes abiding by all of Head-fi's moderation policies, as well as generally not jumping in to snark on someone you don't like), please contact me via PM.

2. If you are allowed to post on this thread, but are not behaving (this includes abiding by all of Head-Fi's moderation policies, as well as generally not jumping in to snark on someone you don't like, or posting too much self-aggrandizement, or just in general being a dick, or reporting posts for fiddly reasons, or otherwise making this a lot of work), you will probably not be allowed to post on this thread much longer.

Sorry, this is a busy month on many fronts, and I really don't want to go back to heavy moderation. Or have more bans.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back