Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #34,891 of 150,889
Maybe that's the B-Stock/Close-out space for all close-out and returns of original Rag once Rag-2 debuts! :wink:

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #34,893 of 150,889
OMG. You've cracked the code. Obviously they're already working on more Rag's!! Excellent find!! :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #34,894 of 150,889
Well, WTH ...

Another Jazz Recommendation

Album: Wonder Trail
Artists: Dinosaur

A very well recorded studio album that's difficult to classify. Avant-Garde Electronic Jazz, maybe? Worth a listen if you like to explore the boundaries of Jazz. Nice stereo separation/sound-stage and sub-bass here, so check out how your HPs do. Maybe it's your cup of tea. Maybe it's not. You'll never know if you don't listen. It is well recorded and hey, who doesn't like well recorded music, right? :wink:

Available on Tidal

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #34,896 of 150,889
Interested in tube recommendations. This tube stuff is all new to me, I am really am starting from scratch.

All inputs most welcome!

Cheers

Ah, don't go down that rabbit hole. Stop now. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here." :gs1000smile:

Jul 12, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #34,897 of 150,889
I treated myself to a new toy today, one of these bad boys:
www.amazon.co.uk/Etekcity-Lasergrip-Non-contact-Thermometer-58°F-1022°F/dp/B01AT9TON0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531346651&sr=8-3&keywords=laser+thermometer

I presume most of you gadget heads have had one of these for years I'm in just catching up with you.

It measures the ambient room temperature to within 0.5•C of my room thermometer so is a good reference. It puts the top of the chassis of my Yggy2 at 34•C and Jot at 36•C, which is 10•C and 12•C above my current ambient room temperature, respectively.

We've been experiencing our strongest heatwave here in Glasgow since 1976 which was 10yrs before I was born, and my room thermometer has been pegged around 25•C for the past three weeks, which feels incredibly strange as my room rarely gets above 21•C and is more usually in the high teens at this time of year. In fact it's been so hot I've had to ration my usage of entertainment as I'm pretty sure that having all my amps plus my plasma TV on at the same time would take me into Sahara temperature territory! :wink:
Ha! Just north of Los Angeles, it was 45.5 outside the other day, aircon keeps us at a balmy 26.7 inside. Ireland was pretty warm for them a few weeks ago, too. I have one of the same thermometers, great fun!

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #34,898 of 150,889
Deleted: Sorry. Don't want to derail this thread ...

I'll let someone else do it. :wink:

8beda1da06455fc1e80c81317561f11f9fe01f11.gif
d668e08f9dbc5763.gif
monorail-cat-has-left-the-station.gif
IrudDoE.gif

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #34,900 of 150,889
Another topic, not as important but also gives me the shakes. Only one 230v Ragnarok left, in my favorite black. Sooooooo tempting but then again no remote .... one question, if I sue the pre-outs of the Ragnarok to a power amp. Can I use the speaker binding posts at the same time? In other words, can I use my current amps for mid/low and the Raganrok for the tweeter?
IT happened. If you don't decide yourself, somebody else decides for you. No more 230v The Rok in black available ... A-stock is still back ordered and without remote. Patience is going to be my best friend the coming year

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #34,901 of 150,889
A point of thought.
Do you think the engineers who built your speakers had a similar setup?
I'm always "afraid" to "improve" on something that is engineered on at the conception of a product.
We all know when over-engineering "has to" result in a better sound because it did cost us a lot of money.
I like that question. Common sense usually brings you far, study a lot and a lot gets common :) That is where trust in the designer/producer comes in. Same as with production of the music we listen too. For now I want a more solid/heavier stand (currently got stands for Adam A5 size speakers) with decoupling from my wooden 'floating' floor, I trust that improves bass and imaging of my 'big' size passive monitors.

Jul 12, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #34,902 of 150,889
Another Jazz Recommendation...

Album: You're Driving Me Crazy
Artists: Van Morrison, Joey DeFrancesco

Yep, that's right -- Van Morrison. A well recorded studio performance with the notable Van Morrison adding his talents to this Jazz, Blues, and R&B infused album. A VERY enjoyable recording and a must-listen if you are a Van Morrison fan. What are you waiting for?

Available on Tidal and Spotify.

Jul 12, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #34,903 of 150,889
rpZkcO5.jpg

leave rabbits out of this, they didn't do anything to you.

Jul 12, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #34,904 of 150,889
we are allowed to talk about gear. Don Sachs is gear, right?

I like the Don Sachs concept of renewing, improving, and re-purposing old equipment and he needs to charge a certain price to stay in business, and his work is done on a small scale. Schiit is amazing because of some of the upgrades it offers as well as selling great equipment at a reasonable price and naturally they sell a large amount of gear covering several price points. Schiit came along at a great time, during and right after the recession, people were not buying new cars, dealers were scrambling trying to find used cars to sell because they had a better chance of selling. If each piece of equipment an audio company sold right then was $3-5,000 they would be lucky to be around right now. Business model has a lot to do with how successful a company is at any point in time.

Jul 12, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #34,905 of 150,889
Another Jazz Recommendation...

Album: You're Driving Me Crazy
Artists: Van Morrison, Joey DeFrancesco

Yep, that's right -- Van Morrison. A well recorded studio performance with the notable Van Morrison adding his talents to this Jazz, Blues, and R&B infused album. A VERY enjoyable recording and a must-listen if you are a Van Morrison fan. What are you waiting for?

Available on Tidal and Spotify.

Oh good I was searching for something I had not heard to play in my office today and Ripper's last couple suggestions were excellent so I expect this one to be just as good. I believe Ripper should post a new suggestion this time every day so I can just turn on Tidal and not have to search around or replay something I have heard multiple times. It would make my life simpler anyway.:) A music sommelier, someone to share his choices and pair the music with our work day or our day of leisure.

Listening now, another fine choice IMHO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back