Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 25, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #34,036 of 152,169
Jun 25, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #34,037 of 152,169
I am working very hard not to use the word Coasters and glass bottles in the same sentence for a while. Tobacco tins, now there is an idea!

Ripper as long as you are in good shape with the moderators, you have little to worry about I would think. I know you have some very good Schiit and think the world of it so you are certainly in good shape there. You are a man of style and substance with an excellent wit and I always enjoy your comments, keep it up!

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #34,038 of 152,169
Thanks. Head-fi, and especially the Schitt related forums, are a great community with lots of great folks. Like any community there are different personalities and styles. Some are here for fun and knowledge and some are here for other purposes. We are all here for one reason or another and in the virtual world like the real world, there will be folks we take a liking to and there will be those that maybe we would not invite over for dinner -- we should, however, still treat them civilly and respectfully. There are supercilious personalities and there are congenial personalities -- that's just the way it is in any social setting, virtual or physical. I will always try to be respectful and courteous and I trust that if a moderator has an issue with any of my posts, they will let me know.

You are a man of style and substance

Can I PM you my wife's e-mail so you can let her know?? :D

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #34,042 of 152,169
Unsubscribed. C-ya.
dontgocard.jpg

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #34,043 of 152,169
Very funny, but I have no inner cat lady in me. I am a King Kong and Godzilla guy.

FTFY........:ksc75smile:

Yeah. I don't want to be banned or censored, so I'll need to keep my posting,,,

1. On the down-low
2. Low-key
3. Copacetic

Screw it!! Nobody puts baby in a corner!!!
1323251821619_9740561.png

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #34,046 of 152,169
Saturday I ordered multiple parts for the Coaster boards from Mouser, they are out of four items but Digikey is a good source for most of them. If anyone has any issues finding a part you can PM me and I will share my solutions.

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #34,047 of 152,169
It is so tricky to judge the inside bottle diameter without cutting it but the Coasters are 3.5 inches of course. Right now the problem is keeping a large bottle steady in the glass cutter as I rotate it to make the cut, I will figure something out though. I ruined a couple perfectly good scotch bottles in early attempts but I will get this going.

Kinkajou bottle cutter:

https://www.amazon.com/Bottle-Cutting-Inc-NDE-KBC-BLACK-Cutter-Deep/dp/B00L1N371Y

I've only used one a couple of times, but even I managed to make it work. It takes a bit of care to adjust it to the diameter of the bottle, but once you do you just spin it around once and the bearings keep it centered as it scores a line. Then you use hot and cold water cycles to thermal stress the score line until it breaks. Resist the urge to spin it around more than once - if it's not lined up you'll get a thin sliver of glass. IMHO you're better with a small step that can be sanded out. If you do several bottles of the same size you can dial it in for a perfect score.

Damn, you guys are getting me thirsty with all this scotch & mescal talk.

EDIT: back on topic - listening to Pink Floyd Meddle thanks to a rec on this thread. Mimby > magni3 > emu teaks. Happy listener even without the scotch mod.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #34,048 of 152,169
That is a different style than what I have and may well work better. Thanks for taking the time to post that AP.

I mentioned not long ago Excitable Boy by Warren Zevon is in my top five favorite albums, I would be curious if others are able to rate them that way and what their choices might be. I am always looking for test tracks and new music choices.

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #34,050 of 152,169
^^^ I'm at work now, but this is definitely a great resource for me to dive into when I get home!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back