Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #31,696 of 149,803
True enough. As a practical matter DAPs are going to be used with IEMs, earbuds, and iSines (or LCD-i4s if I save my pennies). All much easier to drive, but headphones take the measure of the beast. The Questyle obviously wasn't designed to pair with every headphone out there and do well, but it's nice to know it is more than passable on some common headphones. Like I said, I can't see myself biking along with LCDs on my head. Oh, can I borrow your LCD-4s to see how well they play on a bike? :L3000:
Sure, stop by the house. I have a stationary bike in the weight room LOL.
I did use the AK/Oppo as source for my Shure SE846, but I recently gifted the IEM to my son in law.
Now I just use the AK/Oppo when I'm too lazy to set-up the big rig :)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #31,697 of 149,803
I want to borrow something! I usually get sent cables that have to fit into tiny little connectors and I need to figure it out. I want some fun stuff sent to me!

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #31,698 of 149,803
I want to borrow something! I usually get sent cables that have to fit into tiny little connectors and I need to figure it out. I want some fun stuff sent to me!

I have no clue about the import regulations for sending something to the USA, but i could send over some of my homemade Bacon for tasting, should be more fun i guess :beerchug:

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #31,699 of 149,803
I asked Constanza (La Principessa) if she would be willing to spend some days with you (uh... your cat) but she accused me of prostituting her.
She did not think, the fact I would not ask for money, makes any difference.
I don't have IEM's to lend you (I regard them as health risks) so that's not going to work either.
So I decided to lend you some power.
From 00:00h till 01:00h (my time) all electricity you use comes from me.
I'll feed you 240V so that's more than two hours for you at 110V.
You can give it back to me by way of another nice portrait of the cat Constanza secretly likes.
How's that?

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #31,700 of 149,803
I have no clue about the import regulations for sending something to the USA, but i could send over some of my homemade Bacon for tasting, should be more fun i guess :beerchug:
I will line up for that! Do you make sausage as well?

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #31,701 of 149,803
I asked Constanza (La Principessa) if she would be willing to spend some days with you (uh... your cat) but she accused me of prostituting her.
I don't have IEM's to lend you (I regard them as health risks) so that's not going to work either.
You can give it back to me by way of another nice portrait of the cat Constanza secretly likes.
How's that?
That's cool. You rock, Pietro.

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #31,702 of 149,803

Regulations, shmegulations bacon is life's blood, you should be able to mail it anywhere! Having seen the bacon, I may have to drive there.

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #31,703 of 149,803
How's that?

When the clock turns midnight a cry is heard from one particular home.

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #31,704 of 149,803
How's that?

Thank you Pietro you are a gentleman and scholar. I would probably make some holes in a box and mail Valentine to visit with Lady Constanza but he is trouble. He chews most any coiled cord he can find so you have to hide all of those and he needs to be locked away at night or he will climb up on dressers and knock everything off. He also tries to open all window shades at four AM but other than that, he is no trouble at all as long as you feed him pate once an hour, on the hour with some occasional caviar thrown in.

As far as the electricity, 240, 250v, whatever you have is fine, most of my electronics run on static from cat fur so I will need Valentine back eventually, I would say by 2040, that is a good round number. Oh do not buy him cheap caviar, he will sink his teeth into your leg till you open a can of Beluga for him. Luckily you have had all of your shots, they will come in handy.

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #31,705 of 149,803
IMG_2451.JPG This is Valentine's suave look. Note the crook of the left paw, sending him to modeling school paid off. He knows how to pose. Just be careful if he tries to climb on your lap, four year old children weigh less and when you concentrate a lot of weight on small areas it can hurt.

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #31,707 of 149,803
IMG_1712.JPG He is not our favorite cat, we had one that someone must have sneaked onto our property and kidnapped. We found this huge hole chewed in our chain link fence and suddenly no more cat.

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #31,708 of 149,803
Thank you Pietro you are a gentleman and scholar. I would probably make some holes in a box and mail Valentine to visit with Lady Constanza but he is trouble. He chews most any coiled cord he can find so you have to hide all of those and he needs to be locked away at night or he will climb up on dressers and knock everything off. He also tries to open all window shades at four AM but other than that, he is no trouble at all as long as you feed him pate once an hour, on the hour with some occasional caviar thrown in.

As far as the electricity, 240, 250v, whatever you have is fine, most of my electronics run on static from cat fur so I will need Valentine back eventually, I would say by 2040, that is a good round number. Oh do not buy him cheap caviar, he will sink his teeth into your leg till you open a can of Beluga for him. Luckily you have had all of your shots, they will come in handy.
Ok, despite all the extraordinary cat posts I've encountered on the Schiit threads...this one wins.
Not only can I envision it, I can feel it!
Sweet, mates. Still looking for @Pandahead and @wink to chime in, as cat experts...

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #31,709 of 149,803
You are most kind RCB and I was dead serious about Valentine and coiled cords. Some years ago when we had a kitchen phone, my wife held up the phone and said it was dead. I pointed down to where he had chewed the cord in half. He is also adept at dragging his dish away from any cat that gets close enough to join him for a bite. He has been known to reach onto a plate on a table and roll a meatball over to himself before we could chase him off the table. I think it is called a boarding house reach.

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #31,710 of 149,803
I need to post a cat graphic. Unfortunately it has the F word in it. It also misspells schiit. Will I get sanctioned for posting it or will the mods just take it down if they don't like it? I promise everyone will love it and it's not in bad taste. What do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back