Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #149,791 of 152,548
Finnegan sure gets around
Mostly my back yard, occasionally he ventures into the woods.🤪 Now he is in my shop watching the unedited version of Vikings as I clean records.

Apr 30, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #149,792 of 152,548
Happy Tubesday, to those who celebrate.
20240430_132025.jpg

1978 Reflektor 6N23P-EV today...

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #149,793 of 152,548
image.jpg
My new (to me) Yggy A1/OG Gen5 has arrived and is in the system warming up. Already (even with only SE from it to Kara; my balanced cables haven’t arrived yet) it is noticeably more dynamic and bigger better defined soundstage, noticing extra reality on the Timbre of Sonny Stitt’s sax… obviously won’t know until full break in and get the balanced cables Input is coax digital out from the Phillips CD/SACD player, which has the additional benefit of I can take the DAC output of the Phillips via rca to Kara on one input (for SACD’s which Yggy cant do) just by switching inputs.

Who knows someday might get a dedicated transport.

Pics or didn’t happen.

Apr 30, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #149,794 of 152,548
image.jpgMy new (to me) Yggy A1/OG Gen5 has arrived and is in the system warming up. Already (even with only SE from it to Kara; my balanced cables haven’t arrived yet) it is noticeably more dynamic and bigger better defined soundstage, noticing extra reality on the Timbre of Sonny Stitt’s sax… obviously won’t know until full break in and get the balanced cables Input is coax digital out from the Phillips CD/SACD player, which has the additional benefit of I can take the DAC output of the Phillips via rca to Kara on one input (for SACD’s which Yggy cant do) just by switching inputs.

Pics or didn’t happen.
Congrats!
And bonus points for the "free shoulder workout" to get that beast up there :muscle:

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #149,795 of 152,548
I may well have received the Amperex from a friend on here. I am so glad the surgery went well. I am about to open another box of record albums to see if which gems I received. Early on Finnegan tried to make friends with this striped “cat” and luckily got away with just a warning. 🙀
My yard always has racoons, possums and skunks and a couple weeks ago my cat came in 'slightly' skunked. I don't know if he was the aggressor and mostly got away or was just a bystander, but he was a bit stinky for a few days.

At the same time, we also have red tree squirrels and none of my cats try to kill them. They kind of look at them as play things and not as food. Rats, mice and birds are all food though.

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #149,796 of 152,548
My new (to me) Yggy A1/OG Gen5 has arrived and is in the system warming up. Already (even with only SE from it to Kara; my balanced cables haven’t arrived yet) it is noticeably more dynamic and bigger better defined soundstage, noticing extra reality on the Timbre of Sonny Stitt’s sax… obviously won’t know until full break in and get the balanced cables Input is coax digital out from the Phillips CD/SACD player, which has the additional benefit of I can take the DAC output of the Phillips via rca to Kara on one input (for SACD’s which Yggy cant do) just by switching inputs.

Pics or didn’t happen.
I like your choice of paint colors ... the brown in the book shelves. The walls in our kitchen & eating area are done in that same brown ... it's a large space with vaults and a lot of windows - the brown makes the space feel warm.
Once your Yggy warms up for a couple days - get ready to discover new sounds in the music all over again.

I wanted to thank the person that recommended this album. It is tremendously engaging. :)
Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live.png

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #149,797 of 152,548
My yard always has racoons, possums and skunks and a couple weeks ago my cat came in 'slightly' skunked. I don't know if he was the aggressor and mostly got away or was just a bystander, but he was a bit stinky for a few days.

At the same time, we also have red tree squirrels and none of my cats try to kill them. They kind of look at them as play things and not as food. Rats, mice and birds are all food though.
Thomas is a hunter and he sometimes disappears for a day or two... I'm convinced he has another family.

1000002167.jpg

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #149,798 of 152,548
image.jpgMy new (to me) Yggy A1/OG Gen5 has arrived and is in the system warming up. Already (even with only SE from it to Kara; my balanced cables haven’t arrived yet) it is noticeably more dynamic and bigger better defined soundstage, noticing extra reality on the Timbre of Sonny Stitt’s sax… obviously won’t know until full break in and get the balanced cables Input is coax digital out from the Phillips CD/SACD player, which has the additional benefit of I can take the DAC output of the Phillips via rca to Kara on one input (for SACD’s which Yggy cant do) just by switching inputs.

Pics or didn’t happen.
Many "high-end" CD transports back in the day utilized the same mechanism in your CD player.

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #149,799 of 152,548
Apr 30, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #149,800 of 152,548
Perhaps he's trying to experience how the lower class lives. 🤣

When you get to your new digs, you should set up a rec room for him:

Cat Porch.jpg
That's really cool. Aren't they tormented by the wildlife? Teased by tanagers? Sassed by squirrels? Disrespected by dogs?

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #149,801 of 152,548
.... Electronic sound absorbers are definitely on the market now, ...
I forget where I read this but one room correction software actually uses the subwoofer to help cancel out room modes. Doesn't help headphones but does raise some interesting possibilities.

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #149,802 of 152,548
... My new (to me) Yggy A1/OG Gen5 has arrived and is in the system warming up. ... noticing extra reality on the Timbre of Sonny Stitt’s sax… ...
IME nothing beats Schiit's multibit algorithm for realistic acoustic instrument sounds esp. on a cost normalized basis. :wink:

Only DAC I've heard sound better than the Gumby I had is 8x the price, e.g. (Yggy too big for me).

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #149,803 of 152,548
I like your choice of paint colors ... the brown in the book shelves. The walls in our kitchen & eating area are done in that same brown ... it's a large space with vaults and a lot of windows - the brown makes the space feel warm.
Once your Yggy warms up for a couple days - get ready to discover new sounds in the music all over again.

I wanted to thank the person that recommended this album. It is tremendously engaging. :)
Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live.png
Thanks. We bought this house in Feb 2022. Previous owner was a serious “hoarder” and her family was having her committed. The house was disgusting inside. She had 3 parrots that had free range of the entire inside. Crap (literally bird crap) everywhere. Reeked. The entire house was wall to wall that was disgusting with rat poop from all the seeds the birds dropped all over. Only reason we could afford something this big and nice on 4 acres is that it was scaring ALL the other “covid era” buyers away.

We then spent the next 3 months before moving in ripping out all the carpets, putting in all new hardwood flooring, replaced all the (non working) appliances in kitchen, new counters. And then we’ve been slowly painting interior rooms, one at a time. We went with the dual colors in Living room and dining room and foyer/hall because they all have chair rails; so we could do a nice warm ish white/pink/yellow-ish warm color in most places (top 2/3) and then room theme color bottom part (creme brulee’ - ha - in the living room, and a nice colonial type blue in the DR and hall).

Next is master bedroom and then on to the master bath.

Trust me when I say you don’t want to see the “before” pics. Even the ones on Zillow when it was being sold were a solid clue.

I’m thankful to have found this place, quiet, large, and literally the best-dimensioned listening room I’ve ever had.

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #149,804 of 152,548
Thomas is a hunter and he sometimes disappears for a day or two... I'm convinced he has another family.

1000002167.jpg
He must be finding stuff that's more tasty than what you're giving him. 🤣

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #149,805 of 152,548
Thanks. We bought this house in Feb 2022. Previous owner was a serious “hoarder” and her family was having her committed. The house was disgusting inside. She had 3 parrots that had free range of the entire inside. Crap (literally bird crap) everywhere. Reeked. The entire house was wall to wall that was disgusting with rat poop from all the seeds the birds dropped all over. Only reason we could afford something this big and nice on 4 acres is that it was scaring ALL the other “covid era” buyers away.

We then spent the next 3 months before moving in ripping out all the carpets, putting in all new hardwood flooring, replaced all the (non working) appliances in kitchen, new counters. And then we’ve been slowly painting interior rooms, one at a time. We went with the dual colors in Living room and dining room and foyer/hall because they all have chair rails; so we could do a nice warm ish white/pink/yellow-ish warm color in most places (top 2/3) and then room theme color bottom part (creme brulee’ - ha - in the living room, and a nice colonial type blue in the DR and hall).

Next is master bedroom and then on to the master bath.

Trust me when I say you don’t want to see the “before” pics. Even the ones on Zillow when it was being sold were a solid clue.

I’m thankful to have found this place, quiet, large, and literally the best-dimensioned listening room I’ve ever had.
Yeah, I remember the story. Nice work turning all that around into your new home.

BTW, these are some of the best cigars I've ever experienced. The Brazilian tobacco rocks.
https://mikescigars.com/cigars/brands/davidoff/davidoff-escurio/davidoff-escurio-corona-gorda-pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back