Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 10, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #29,912 of 151,046
Now then, on to the cables. Do the cables look bitchin"? No, really. For me a cable is a cable. It either carries the signal or it does not. But looks? Ahhhh...That is where subjectivity reigns supreme because everyone understands that looks matter.

These High Fidelity power cords sure look bitchin to me:

pc01.jpg

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #29,915 of 151,046
@Jason Stoddard,
Dear mister Stoddard,
Can you please put the AC connection of our gear on the front of it so we can actually see our AC cables?

Just turn it around. Voila! The power switch is now also front-mounted and the LED isn't as bright. Magic!

JC

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #29,916 of 151,046
I suppose because you think it "looks bitchin" is one of the few legitimate reasons to use an after-market power cord.

Hmmm...Why not? I doubt a normal power cable does any thing to improve sound. If the looks appeal to the buyer and they want and can afford some thing, why not?

Another reason to buy a different power cord is if you are a handicapable individual and you trip over the cord while trying to neatify the back side of your stereo stuff and in spite of it being a detachable device, you bung it up. Yup. I have done that. So I bought a new one. It looks the same except the jacket (is that the proper electrical termification?) is thicker so it is not exactly bitchin' but then neither am I.

If I had not been such a gimp, I would still have the OEM jobbie. If it was on one of my older receives, I would have messed up more than the cable on those are hard wired inside the unit. At least mine are.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #29,918 of 151,046
Mar 10, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #29,920 of 151,046
Mar 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #29,921 of 151,046
Mar 10, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #29,923 of 151,046
Mar 10, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #29,924 of 151,046
It makes digital sound analog and its cryo treated to -300C silly.
Pffft. Everyone knows that one only needs to achieve absolute zero for digital to sound analog. -300C is excessive! Plus, if your speaker cables, interconnects, or the internal wiring of your speakers or headphones is not cryo treated, then the analog sounding digital would revert to digital sounding analog nullifying any benefit of this power cable. Silly, indeed!! :wink:

Mar 10, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #29,925 of 151,046
If and when you ever test it on your toaster, can we have a review here?
Please?!?!
Pietro,

I once was bringing up DIY two SS amplifiers I had built and power resistors were not in my budget so I used a toaster for a load. I was driving the amp with a sine wave and the problem was that the bimetal tripped toaster would pop after 20 seconds so I eventually put bread in it to get a longer test time and then frozen bread.

When I switched to music which has far less power than a sine wave, I could drive the toaster for much longer. Rock music produced toast more quickly than classical which popped the toaster more quickly than baroque. I could hear the music from the toaster coils and considered if Bach toast tasted differently than Beethoven toast or Freebird toast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back