Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #29,881 of 150,450
At the risk of being sacrilegious, California represent!

PS: I've spent time at the Springbank distillery, have had the legendary 1993 21 year, and currently have a stock of several of their bottles, so I'm not 100% a California philistine. Also good with Islay malts.
PPS: I highly approve of the coffee and whiskey direction.

hqdefault.jpg

All approved Schiit side topics in one photo....

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #29,882 of 150,450
^^^

A Schiit side-topic trifecta!!!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #29,883 of 150,450

PS: I've spent time at the Springbank distillery, have had the legendary 1993 21 year, and currently have a stock of several of their bottles, so I'm not 100% a California philistine. Also good with Islay malts.

Aye, 'tis good to read of your interests out side of audio. I do not drink alcohol but with good reason. While I am adopted I have seen first hand what alcoholism can do to a family and so I decided to never risk it. I would probably pass out but dare not risk becoming a Cane Toad of sorts. And as I can not taste, I would not waste such nectar upon me.

In the consumption of caffeine on the other hand, I have yet to meet my match having once consumed 4 gallons of iced tea at a sitting. Speaking of which, you and I have met before although I doubt you recall as I am no one worth recalling. Mike too and he like your self is genuine in his camaraderi with his fellow man. Both your wives were very nice too and Denise? She was a joy to speak with. A Beach Boys fan is all ways a delight to such as I. The point of my meandering is this - You, Mike, your wives, Denise...All seem genuinely good. I found no deceit in any of you and that is important in this world we live in or at least it is to me. And that is another reason I bought the Vali 2 for my older brother and now the Valhalla 2 Noir for my self. But enough stupid toadish rambling'...

I look forward to my Valhalla II Noir. Per the tracking feature your company sent, it shall arrive by tomorrow evening. Being old, I shall not get to opening and setting it up until what used to be my Sabbath.

Time to go to the eye doctor. Again.

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #29,885 of 150,450
I'm not surprised, I've seen Loki go from mentioned as a curiosity in equalizer threads on 2-channel forums, to getting great reviews from members to being the defacto recommendation in all equalizer topics.
I like the Loki but with the eq on Foobar2000 and the lack of a balance knob, it's something I've passed on for now. I find that a balance knob is the most important item on my agenda. Maybe they could throw one on the sys then I'd buy both.

Mar 9, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #29,886 of 150,450
Aye, 'tis good to read of your interests out side of audio. I do not drink alcohol but with good reason. While I am adopted I have seen first hand what alcoholism can do to a family and so I decided to never risk it. I would probably pass out but dare not risk becoming a Cane Toad of sorts. And as I can not taste, I would not waste such nectar upon me.

In the consumption of caffeine on the other hand, I have yet to meet my match having once consumed 4 gallons of iced tea at a sitting. Speaking of which, you and I have met before although I doubt you recall as I am no one worth recalling. Mike too and he like your self is genuine in his camaraderi with his fellow man. Both your wives were very nice too and Denise? She was a joy to speak with. A Beach Boys fan is all ways a delight to such as I. The point of my meandering is this - You, Mike, your wives, Denise...All seem genuinely good. I found no deceit in any of you and that is important in this world we live in or at least it is to me. And that is another reason I bought the Vali 2 for my older brother and now the Valhalla 2 Noir for my self. But enough stupid toadish rambling'...

I look forward to my Valhalla II Noir. Per the tracking feature your company sent, it shall arrive by tomorrow evening. Being old, I shall not get to opening and setting it up until what used to be my Sabbath.

Time to go to the eye doctor. Again.

Ort, bro, dude, I'm looking out m'man. Send that beautiful baby over my side of town and I'll get her all set up and ready for you! Don't thank me, the pleasure is all mine!

Mar 9, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #29,890 of 150,450
I'm not surprised, I've seen Loki go from mentioned as a curiosity in equalizer threads on 2-channel forums, to getting great reviews from members to being the defacto recommendation in all equalizer topics.

Interesting!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #29,892 of 150,450
On which forum?

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #29,894 of 150,450

Very interesting...haven't seen that whiskey around Tennessee - will have to ask the shop keepers.
Thanks for tolerating our fun on your blog.
Look at how happy ORT is, since he procured a schwartz Valhalla2...now a customer for life.

All will change soon folks, when the Sol and Gadget launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back