Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #29,851 of 149,302
LOL, my wife swears by our invention of 7Up with Knob Creek 120 on the rocks......requires Multibit balance control....

I always preferred 7-Up over other similar "lemonades" especially when using it as a mixer. Knob Creek 120 sounds very interesting.... Will look out for it

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #29,853 of 149,302
ORT,

Please show us a picture of the glorious Valhalla noire, with tubes aglow in low light. I was going to say something about your first Schiit reach around, but ick...

"Valhalla noire"...Beautifully phrased, sir!

I do not know how to post pictures, but I may give it a try. Thank you again. I like that..."Valhalla noire". Very classy. Thank you again!

Mar 9, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #29,854 of 149,302
tumblr_mnbru5sK5H1qbcb48o1_500.gif

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #29,855 of 149,302
I agree with the need for a balance control, but for some of us that should already be available in DSP options in Jriver, Roon, Foobar etc.

There, fixed it :)

Thank you Brother. We are in alignment with the need for a balance control to replace the knobs missing from current "high end" gear.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #29,856 of 149,302
I'd like to know what type of scotch/bourbon/rye will make my just arrived HD6XX'S sing. Currently available for experimenting is as follows.

Scotch straight or with water: Bowmore12 yr single, Aberfeldy 12 & 15 yr single, Johnny Walker Black, Chivas Regal 18

For Mixing with club soda/ginger ale/lemon lime pop -

Scotch - Blended: Johnny Walker Red, Ballantines Finest

Bourbon: Basil Haydens, Makers Mark

Canadian Rye: Crown Royal, Wisers, Gibson Sterling, Schenley Golden Wedding, Windsor Canadian

For Making Old Fashioneds

Rye: Crown Royal

Bourbon: Woodford Reserve

Shots: Fireball (cinnamon whiskey) or Jim Beam Cherry (it was a gift) its only palatable as a shot.

I probably spend too much on booze.

If you like fruity drinks I have a hell of a recipe for you. I call it the Delbee.

Fill a Red Solo Cup 3/4 full of ice.
2 oz Captain Morgan
1 oz Malibu or 1/2 oz if you aren't huge fan of Malibu.
1/2 oz Triple Sec or Cointreau
1/2 oz Vodka
4 oz Orange Juice
1-2 Oz of Pineapple Juice (depending on your love of Pineapple)
2 oz lemon lime soda of your choosing
Splash of grenadine or Maraschino Cherry juice.
If you like flair, shake and strain, then add grenadine, orange slice and a single cherry.

The other variation is to remove the cherry flavoring and add 1oz of pomegranate juice.

Some may know, but rum buzz is a different kind of buzz. My whole body feels buzzed, bit it takes mucho rum to feel super drunk.

My wife LOVES this drink, Considering how it makes all our squabbles fall away I should maybe rename it the Marriage Counselor.

Happy Listening and imbibing

Edit - this post was definitely written under the influence.
Start with the Aberfeldy 12 and a splash of water. If that does not work, move to the 15.

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #29,858 of 149,302
Can we please stop talking about coffee? It was light and refreshing banter like 7 pages ago. K thx.
Love to talk about coffee while having a coffee :) . Absolutely recommend portuguese coffee blends! Portugal, sater Italy my favorite coffee country; with the advantage of getting more coffee than in Italy.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #29,860 of 149,302
I'd like to know what type of scotch/bourbon/rye will make my just arrived HD6XX'S sing. Currently available for experimenting is as follows.

Scotch straight or with water: Bowmore12 yr single, Aberfeldy 12 & 15 yr single, Johnny Walker Black, Chivas Regal 18

Canadian Rye: Crown Royal, Wisers, Gibson Sterling, Schenley Golden Wedding, Windsor Canadian

Shots: Fireball (cinnamon whiskey) or Jim Beam Cherry (it was a gift) its only palatable as a shot.

If you like fruity drinks I have a hell of a recipe for you. I call it the Delbee.

2 oz Captain Morgan
1/2 oz Vodka
4 oz Orange Juice
If you like flair, shake and strain, then add grenadine, orange slice and a single cherry.

The other variation is to remove the cherry flavoring and add 1oz of pomegranate juice.

Some may know, but rum buzz is a different kind of buzz. My whole body feels buzzed, bit it takes mucho rum to feel super drunk.

My wife LOVES this drink, Considering how it makes all our squabbles fall away I should maybe rename it the Marriage Counselor.

Throw away everything (or use it as Schiitr Cleaner) exept for the Bowmore12 yr single, Aberfeldy 12 & 15 yr single, Johnny Walker Black and Chivas Regal 18
And grow up.

Mar 9, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #29,861 of 149,302
Throw away everything (or use it as Schiitr Cleaner) exept for the Bowmore12 yr single, Aberfeldy 12 & 15 yr single, Johnny Walker Black and Chivas Regal 18
And grow up.

Where would the fun in that be? Its my lack of growing up that brought and keeps me on this thread. I believe there's a saying- men never grow up, their toys just get more expensive.

Mar 9, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #29,862 of 149,302
And to finally see what the Valhalla looks like with VU meters.

JC

Unfortunately (?), not from me. I do not "bling" (I think that is the term) any thing I own. Not even my Harleys or Goldwing. They remain quite stock, i.e., as purchased. I may cover the stupid white light or if it offends me enough in the short term, return the amp or in the long term, give it away. To do either a piece of equipment really has to piss me off. For example, I hated my Road King "Classic" so much that I traded it in at a loss of $13,000. BFD. I was relieved to be rid of that which I never should have bought. It was not the fault of the bike as it was both gorgeous to the eye and mechanically reliable. I am just who I am and was not meant for that model HD but fell for a canard. Or two. Or three. I was a fooktard. I have never made such stupid purchase since that one, LOL!

I do not expect the Valhalla Noir 2 to be as versatile as my Emotiva XDA 2 (which I only recently put back to use thanks to this forum!) but then the Emotiva is a DAC/Amp (that thing is packed with stuff I do not even use, LOL!) and the VN² is a stand alone amplifier, albeit one of what I consider extraordinary beauty. Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder and soon I be holdin' the VN². I will simply pair it up with one of my CD players and some 'phones and be happy, sitting in the dark (the real "dark", I am never in total mental darkness. Or...Am I? :L3000:) enjoying the music and the glow of dem tubes.:beerchug: I hope there is NO "tube ringing". That would be the equivalent of audio tinnitus. Ugh...

I once wrote my thoughts on the first "Schiit Show" and to be honest I do not expect any thing to be different should I share them on the VN². I hope to hear music and the call of the past mixed in with my hopes for the future. Music does that to me. I know...What a female cat (silly software) of a toad, LOL! As stated else where here, it is a hobby. One that I have a touch of passion for but passion tempered by realism. Remember, I am some thing of a Shallow Hal with equipment.

Mar 9, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #29,863 of 149,302

2 oz Captain Morgan
1/2 oz Vodka
4 oz Orange Juice

+1 on the Knob Creek - especially the 120. Decent bourbon.
Nice collection of scotch whisky you have there...
Might I suggest the Makers or Woodford in a mint julep?

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #29,865 of 149,302
If you ever get to New Orleans, I recommend a drive down to the Oak Alley Plantation. It's a beautiful spot, a fascinating tour, and their excellent restaurant serves frozen blackberry mint julips. I used the plural because I've never been able to have just one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back