Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 11, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #26,522 of 155,168
I was at the new Sennheiser store in San Francisco today. They had one HDV820 set up, an unplugged HDV800, and an Apogee Groove (USB powered). And tons of empty space.
Clearly Schiit needs to help them out again, just like they did at their first CanJam appearance! That went so smoothly anyway! :)

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #26,523 of 155,168
I've considered Schiit to be a group effort from the start and still do. We can help to get affordable quality gear in this new market internet economy by lending a helping hand. If something sells quickly and goes out of stock be patient and wait for the next production run. It's happened more than once to me over the years and so I've always thought, "good for them, selling that fast. Must be good Schiit! I'll check back quicker!" Sometimes the metal guys mess up, or the board house. That's how life works. These products have tubes. Tubes can be glorious, they can be noisy! I never expected a small company at the price of Freya for example to supply perfect NOS tubes. Roll with it. If there is a small cosmetic imperfection in a piece of new gear somebody missed seeing it that's all. The world is not against you. Maybe it's easier not to expect perfection.

The more we cooperate the more time Jason has to make new and better Schiit. It's all a work in progress.

Jason, in light of everything, I am a little concerned about the Sol turntable. I think you should have customers acknowledge they have the proper mechanical aptitude to mess with setting up a cartridge, what VTA is etc. so the help desk doesn't shoot your new software when people start emailing. Maybe even an instructional video right up front on the product page about what is entailed and exactly who this fine new piece of gear is for.....just sayin'.:smile_phones:

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #26,524 of 155,168
Too late! I am taking this and am making a stand! Ummm...For VU Meters! And...ummmm...Up front switches to calm the bitches. 'n' schiit. And where's the "Vali of the Toad" I have been axin' fo'? And how about a Schiit Crape Diem? And... I am done ramlbin'. Yes, I am merely intercoursing with you, Sir Jason of Stoddard.

Some here think I neeeeeeed to buy some Schiit so I am qualified to comment. Some. Not all. I am trying to figger out which family member or friend I can give some Schiit too this time (tyme?) of year. If I can ascertain (asscertain?) whom I would trust to use such a grail of a gift, then I would get them some thing. Until then I am toadsona non grata to the rich and power full elite among us. Okay. Now I am fini.

I, uh...

Sir, I think you need to decide whether you hear with your ears or not.

Speaking as a *very* satisfied customer, perhaps a Magni 3 will entertain your ears, while you visualize with your minds eye the image of your eardrums banging together in the center of your head. Because they might.

How much power? Enough.

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #26,525 of 155,168
I've considered Schiit to be a group effort from the start and still do. We can help to get affordable quality gear in this new market internet economy by lending a helping hand. If something sells quickly and goes out of stock be patient and wait for the next production run. It's happened more than once to me over the years and so I've always thought, "good for them, selling that fast. Must be good Schiit! I'll check back quicker!" Sometimes the metal guys mess up, or the board house. That's how life works. These products have tubes. Tubes can be glorious, they can be noisy! I never expected a small company at the price of Freya for example to supply perfect NOS tubes. Roll with it. If there is a small cosmetic imperfection in a piece of new gear somebody missed seeing it that's all. The world is not against you. Maybe it's easier not to expect perfection.

The more we cooperate the more time Jason has to make new and better Schiit. It's all a work in progress.

Jason, in light of everything, I am a little concerned about the Sol turntable. I think you should have customers acknowledge they have the proper mechanical aptitude to mess with setting up a cartridge, what VTA is etc. so the help desk doesn't shoot your new software when people start emailing. Maybe even an instructional video right up front on the product page about what is entailed and exactly who this fine new piece of gear is for.....just sayin'.:smile_phones:
While I understand the Schiit has already said that the Sol user will have to get their hands dirty for setup, I will second Pandahead’s suggestion for video type of support documentation.

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #26,526 of 155,168
Micheal Fremer's vids on YouTube are very comprehensive.

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #26,527 of 155,168
Note to self, do NOT listen to the Mjolnir 2! I really do like the Jotunheim, and for the past year I have assumed it is my endgame...

This thread is getting expensive, I still have to buy two Vidars!
Does using two (count 'em - 2) Vidars give a vidar (wider) soundstage...?

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #26,528 of 155,168
Depends on how far apart you put them. :ksc75smile:

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #26,529 of 155,168
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #26,531 of 155,168
Too late! I am taking this and am making a stand! Ummm...For VU Meters! And...ummmm...Up front switches to calm the bitches. 'n' schiit. And where's the "Vali of the Toad" I have been axin' fo'? And how about a Schiit Crape Diem? And... I am done ramlbin'. Yes, I am merely intercoursing with you, Sir Jason of Stoddard.

Some here think I neeeeeeed to buy some Schiit so I am qualified to comment. Some. Not all. I am trying to figger out which family member or friend I can give some Schiit too this time (tyme?) of year. If I can ascertain (asscertain?) whom I would trust to use such a grail of a gift, then I would get them some thing. Until then I am toadsona non grata to the rich and power full elite among us. Okay. Now I am fini.

Nov 12, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #26,532 of 155,168
Nov 12, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #26,534 of 155,168

Users who are viewing this thread

Back