Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 5, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #24,062 of 151,707
Will Schiit have a presence at T.H.E. this year? If not, fine. If yes, perhaps something to look more forward to.

Nope, too close to RMAF. THEShow boned themselves. IMO, of course.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 6, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #24,067 of 151,707
Hey guys,

Sorry to be scarce, but it's been a busy couple of weeks. We're heading for what you might call a "triple flusher." That is, we're introducing three new products:

(snip)

All the best,
Jason

Yeah, yeah, we know.... [REDACTED.1], [REDACTED.2], and, [REDACTED.3] coming down the gurgler.....:L3000: :ksc75smile:

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #24,068 of 151,707
Can Jotunheim drive passive speakers?
Those have to be some really easy to drive speakers if you ask me.

No. You would need Ragnarok or Vidar to drive passive speakers. Jotunheim can drive either headphones of active speakers.

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #24,069 of 151,707
So...the Manhattan Project is getting closer?
I don't know about that.
I had a friend, a professor in econometry, put all Schiit into his unexplainable formulas and that's what he came up with.
He also predicted the downfall of a certain president of some country on your side of the pond.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #24,070 of 151,707

Today I had the opportunity to AB-test my new Emotiva XBAL-1x2 xlr splitters.
I'm glad we do not use the whole alphabet because I lost track after 3 switches.
(there was someone else doing the honors for me)
There's absolutely no loss, change ....... nothing.
Remember my little dispute with my dealer about splitting the balanced output for use on both a Mjolnir 2 and Ragnarok?
Well, if you need to split ... go ahead with these.
Very, very, very convenient.
And the price.... they're almost free.

When my Yggy arrives I will need to feed its balanced output to two different amplifiers. Is a device like the Emotive XBAL 1x2 a superior solution to a simple good quality Y-splitter XLR cable?

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #24,072 of 151,707
Vidar listening impression (all 16/44). ...

My system for the burn in: computer usb>Gumby>MJ2>Sequerra speakers all in a difficult room acoustically. (The Sequerra speakers are stand mounts, "flat to 40 Hz", and thus good for orchestral music. The tweeter does have to be tamed with equalization, and after that they are quite nice.) ...

The Met7? I remember the original way back when, and the highs were "hot" on that models ribbon as well.
Front row balcony is my favorite spot. Could only afford orchestra pit seats in my 20's, but was able to move further back with my season tickets as he decades past.
I look forward to your part II comments.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #24,073 of 151,707

Users who are viewing this thread

Back