Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 19, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #2,191 of 152,033
I, too would like to join the "An ADC would be great!"-brigade.

Two channels, USB interface and a couple of sample rate/word length options. BYOP (Bring Your Own Preamp).

Bonus points for it being housed in a chassis with the same form factor as your RIAA stage.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #2,192 of 152,033
Did someone say "Ragnarok?"

And...tomorrow is the Ragnarok chapter.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #2,194 of 152,033

ADC. Hmm...interesting idea, not sure how big the market is outside of the pro space, not sure about what the price points are. This one would require more investigation as to what's out there, what the performance is like, what people really need, and how big the market is. I do know that, with the commonly available ADC chips, the options on this side would be relatively limited unless you wanted to get into the megadollar realm—and I'm talking prices that would probably get into 5 figures.

Would a new sigma-delta ADC chip help?
AD7175-2

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #2,195 of 152,033
Just a few photos of what Schiit looks like today.

My messy office.

Listening area.

Shipping area from the back.

Main stock, from back.

Tony's desk.

Jesse's desk.

My office, from back.

Bill's Fortress of Solitude (aka listening test area.)

The new space--eventually with 2-3 push lines.

Mile's assembly area. Very minimal.

New space, from the back.

Main stock, looking through to new area.

Main stock, from back.

View from side with smaller stock shelves.

Shipping from side.

Eddie's customized work area (he painted the walls black.)

I missed Mike's office and some more of the new space, but you get the idea...it ain't a garage anymore!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #2,199 of 152,033
I'm sure the Rag rocks the house on those Zu's!!  
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #2,203 of 152,033
Those of you who keep wanting schiit speaker amps should slow down and take a good look at the situation.  Of course you schiitheads (
wink.gif
) would buy them, but take a look at the market as a whole.  I have a feeling that the Ragnorak, sans remote control, will still perform very well against the other 1500 dollar integrated amps, Krell, Peachtree, NAD, etc....  That said most all of those options are actually manufactured overseas.  And none of them will have as good headphone performance.  Realistically though there is no way that Schiit can take on the likes of Emotiva(manufactured overseas) in the 'bang for the buck' category as far as speaker amps go, and lacks the brand recognition to sell a whole lot of anything in the $1,000 dollar and up price point.  

Basically I agree with what Jason said about that in order to grow as a brand, they need offer us something we didn't yet know we needed!  Boutique high end products of any variety are definitely not the way to go.  So many options already out there and very flavor of the month, much money must be devoted to advertising, pay-per-review, and trade show pandering.  As already noted these business practices go directly against the founding principles of Schiit.  

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #2,205 of 152,033
So Jason, Congrats on finally getting something out.

Specs are not too much different from Mjolnir except again that it is  also a speaker amp and has more power and has SE in/out.
But noise differences are practically the same, except crosstalk and SNR is different by 1dB on Gain 1.

In your manual, there are a few errors like for example you wrote the number 5 twice, on the buttons graph, you wrote: 5 Volume and 5 Gain Indicator... that's what I've spotted so far, you can fix that, right it was confusing because there are input indicators and then directly after there's a gain switching button... so where are the indicators? >_< Don't answer that I already figured.

So can we get my ego/super-ego/id unblocked from the main thread so we can continue this now and I'll be ordering it sometime october if it's out? Yes, I haven't got anything to replace my Lyr yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back