Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #1,051 of 1,697
Thanks for the impressions on the Fulla 2 vs FiiO E10k and SMSL M3. Also on plugging the HD 600/650 into the Fulla 2 as the 600 is one of the headphones I'll end up using it with occasionally. I had the original E10 for a brief period several years back and remember it sounding decent with the HD 600, although I didn't have anything better to compare it with at the time.

Looks like the auction for the used Fulla 2 is gone, but I'm still considering it. Any idea on the best place to order it in Europe? It looks like my options are schiit.eu.com and schiit-europe.com with the latter coming out slightly cheaper (~15€).

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #1,052 of 1,697
  Looks like the auction for the used Fulla 2 is gone, but I'm still considering it. Any idea on the best place to order it in Europe? It looks like my options are schiit.eu.com and schiit-europe.com with the latter coming out slightly cheaper (~15€).

I ordered mine from schiit-europe.com. The website sucks, the designers write like they've never seen English before. Got me worried at first it was a bad counterfeit site, but it's a real reseller and pretty quick too.

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #1,053 of 1,697
  Has Schiit rectified the known "off-center" and "scratchy sound" volume knob issues on Fulla 2?

I received mine last week and am happy to report the volume knob is perfectly centered and I have no scratchy sound no matter how much I adjust the volume.

I am new to the whole headphones community. The last headphones I owned were part of a Sony Walkman setup in the 80's. I am more of a HiFi, 2.1 channel guy. I was about to purchase a set of desktop speakers for my computer as part of a near-field setup when a friend recommended I try a pair of nicer headphones instead. This idea intrigued me so I did some research and wound up purchasing a pair of Phillips SHP9500S headphones. When I received them I plugged them into the headphone jack of my motherboard's Realtek audio chipset. Excited to listen I put them on and queued up an flac file and nearly threw up at how horrible it sounded. 

Doing some more research I decided to try an amp/dac to see if the sound improved over the onboard Realtek crap that is my motherboard. This led me to this forum and this particular thread. After spending several hours reading reviews and some YouTube research I thought for an additional $99 I would give the Fulla 2 a try. The SHP9500S only cost me $54.99 at Newegg and with an additional $99 purchase I was still way under budget compared to the desktop speakers I had planned on getting. 

I am so glad I purchased the Fulla 2. The audio quality has increased 100 fold and the Phillips sound absolutely amazing!! I have also run the variable preamp out to my Pioneer Elite (SC-05 - about 7 years old) receiver which is the heart of my HiFi system and the Fulla 2 pumps amazing quality sound there as well. Such a versatile, quality device for $99. Extremely happy with my purchase and my new-found Head-Fi passion. Now I want a pair of closed back headphones and have selected the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0!

Thank you all for the wealth of knowledge I have found in this thread and on the Head-Fi forums!!! 

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #1,054 of 1,697

I ordered mine from schiit-europe.com. The website sucks, the designers write like they've never seen English before. Got me worried at first it was a bad counterfeit site, but it's a real reseller and pretty quick too.

Yeah that also threw me off at first, but good to hear it's the real deal. I did also find it listed under international resellers on the official Schiit website, though.

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,055 of 1,697
I recently got my Fulla 2, and I love it. My onboard sound was pretty bad, this DAC gets rid of that problem and feeds my HD558 nicely.
But there's a problem; when testing the line in for the first time, I found there'a a massive channel imbalance (right sounds way louder than left). I tested a number of aux cables and the issue remains. I hope it's not a faulty unit, because I have no way to return it for warranty...

Edit: I plugged it into a battery pack this time (though I doubt this was the reason for anything), but the imbalance is almost gone. I also tested it with my iPad, no problems there. Can't tell what the problem was, but while it's gone, I'm fine!

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #1,056 of 1,697
I recently got my Fulla 2, and I love it. My onboard sound was pretty bad, this DAC gets rid of that problem and feeds my HD558 nicely.
But there's a problem; when testing the line in for the first time, I found there'a a massive channel imbalance (right sounds way louder than left). I tested a number of aux cables and the issue remains. I hope it's not a faulty unit, because I have no way to return it for warranty...

Edit: I plugged it into a battery pack this time (though I doubt this was the reason for anything), but the imbalance is almost gone. I also tested it with my iPad, no problems there. Can't tell what the problem was, but while it'a gone, I'm fine!

I remember when I first tried the Schiit Stack 2U, two days ago, at low volume the right channel was louder than the left. It was packaged because I'm returning it, but I took it out and tried it again. No imbalance! Maybe a faulty connection? Or it needs to sort itself out? (My Stack still goes back, returning it for other reasons)

EDIT: NVM My source wasn't at 100% volume. As soon as the source was at 100% volume, the channel imbalance was present again. Still, only at low volume though, so it wouldn't really be an issue with this unit.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #1,057 of 1,697
EDIT: NVM My source wasn't at 100% volume. As soon as the source was at 100% volume, the channel imbalance was present again. Still, only at low volume though, so it wouldn't really be an issue with this unit.

I'm sorry about your Schiit stack. My fulla 2 is, luckily enough, working great and I haven't found the channel imbalance again. Now all I'm worried about is upgraditis, because you never know when it'll hit again!

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #1,058 of 1,697
I'm quite happy with my Fulla 2 + Magni 2 stack.  I just wish my Fulla 2 had a better pot.  Magni 2 gets rid of the noise floor and makes my HD 6XX sound fuller and better though, so it's not a huuuuge issue.  And my Magni doesn't have channel imbalance at my listening level, so that's good.

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #1,059 of 1,697
I'm sorry about your Schiit stack. My fulla 2 is, luckily enough, working great and I haven't found the channel imbalance again. Now all I'm worried about is upgraditis, because you never know when it'll hit again!

Good, hopefully it stays that way! Found out a while ago to aim for a happy medium and be done with it 
biggrin.gif
 That's why I went for the Schiit Stack 2U, as it sounded (no pun) like the best compromise, not too expensive, good performance and liked the aesthetics, unfortunately didn't do anything for me and that's why it goes back. I would have kept it until it died on me if I actually heard any improvement in sound. Guess I'm one of those people who can't hear a difference between integrated audio and 300$ dac/amp. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,060 of 1,697
   Good, hopefully it stays that way! Found out a while ago to aim for a happy medium and be done with it 
biggrin.gif
 That's why I went for the Schiit Stack 2U, as it sounded (no pun) like the best compromise, not too expensive, good performance and liked the aesthetics, unfortunately didn't do anything for me and that's why it goes back. I would have kept it until it died on me if I actually heard any improvement in sound. Guess I'm one of those people who can't hear a difference between integrated audio and 300$ dac/amp. 

Not all integrated audio is terrible.  If you don't hear any noise from your integrated audio and you have low impedence, high-efficiency head phones, then most decently implemented and neutral amps will probably sound similar (to most people).

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #1,061 of 1,697
After testing the Fulla 2 for 4 days straight, and far too many hours in said days, I've found music sounds brighter from the fulla´s DAC than straight from the PC. In some songs it gets a bit annoying, but I guess it's all about getting used to the signature. I seriously want some HD600s, but those are definitely out of my range for the meanwhile (damn, headphones are ridiculously expensive in this country), so I'm fine with the HD558s and my AKG K550s for the meanwhile. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #1,062 of 1,697
ok , ive been busy alot lately and i ddint had time to come here and review my fulla2 they replaced ...

Well , its al the same ... the noisy dirty pot sound when i move it .. in the right driver too , exact same thing ! but it dsnt bother much since i dont move it that often to really notice it ...

my first unit had no cosmetic problem at all  , the second one is not perfect , the pot is miss alligned , but well ...

soundwise , both unit was a BIG step up over my onboard laptop's sound...

it do have some channel imbalance from 0 to 10% of the pot  ... so if 7 oclock is 0% volume  , the imbalance last until 8 oclock...

so yea , for 99$ i like it , i can use my dt990 250 ohm with my laptop so its all good 

at work tho , im already bored to travel with it , its not big , but its another thing i hve to bring ... i already have to plug mouse / cellphone for internet / power supply ...

and since i dont use dt990 250 ohm on the go , just iem  , i might buy a dragonfly ... and use the fulla2 at home only , i dont know !

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #1,063 of 1,697
Question to anyone it may concern: Is (in your subjective opinion) the Fulla 2 powerful enough to fire up HD 650s to their full potential or at least a decent one?

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #1,065 of 1,697
Has anyone compared the Fulla 2 to the original Fulla sound-wise? I've been weeding thru this endless thread and haven't found anything on that yet. I have the original dongle style Fulla and was wondering how much of an improvement 2 is. Worth the upgrade? The new features have pretty well been covered so please stick to the sound. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back