Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #1,066 of 1,697
Has anyone compared the Fulla 2 to the original Fulla sound-wise? I've been weeding thru this endless thread and haven't found anything on that yet. I have the original dongle style Fulla and was wondering how much of an improvement 2 is. Worth the upgrade? The new features have pretty well been covered so please stick to the sound. Thanks!

Huge upgrade IMO YMMV

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,067 of 1,697

Has anyone compared the Fulla 2 to the original Fulla sound-wise? I've been weeding thru this endless thread and haven't found anything on that yet. I have the original dongle style Fulla and was wondering how much of an improvement 2 is. Worth the upgrade? The new features have pretty well been covered so please stick to the sound. Thanks!

Huge upgrade IMO YMMV

Yeah, I'll agree with that 100%.  I actually was still within the window to return my Fulla1, but ended up not doing it so I could give it to the guy at the desk next to me.  But the 2 is oodles richer in mid-bass.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #1,068 of 1,697
Question to anyone it may concern: Is (in your subjective opinion) the Fulla 2 powerful enough to fire up HD 650s to their full potential or at least a decent one?

If you haven't heard HD 650s on higher end equipment then the Fulla 2's amp is probably good enough. But after having my Magni 2 I find it a bit difficult to go back to just the Fulla 2.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #1,069 of 1,697
I currently have a Vali 1 without a DAC and have been meaning to get around to buying a DAC for ages but just heard about the Fulla 2 which does 2-in-1. Would it be an upgrade or more of a side step? My main use would be with my K7XX's and occasionally my DT 880's and I believe the Fulla 2 would power both of these fine. With Vali being a tube amp, would I expect a different experience? Is this more like the Magni in comparison? I'm by no means an audio expert, I just like getting the best bang for the buck. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #1,070 of 1,697
The amplification section is arguably the weakest part of this unit. A Vali 2 should sound better. But you can hook up the line out to the Vali 2 and just use the Fulla 2 as a dac. I do it with my Magni 2 and it's an improvement in clarity over my cheapo onboard audio.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #1,071 of 1,697
The amplification section is arguably the weakest part of this unit. A Vali 2 should sound better. But you can hook up the line out to the Vali 2 and just use the Fulla 2 as a dac. I do it with my Magni 2 and it's an improvement in clarity over my cheapo onboard audio.

Ok thanks. Will look into that suggestion and compare it to a standalone DAC like the Modi 2 as there's no price difference if I get the usb only version. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #1,072 of 1,697
three rather than four feet will always be more satisfactory on small items that won't tip at the edges.  that's because three points will be solid even on rough surfaces.  For the following reason.  two points make a perfect line; three points a perfect plane -- no matter how carelessly placed.  The little item will be very stable, whereas a 4-footed one might not be.  You never have to put a piece onfardboard under a three-footed table, do you.  Very often with a 4-footed one.

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,073 of 1,697
But the Fulla 2 does wobble when u try to plug stuff in lol

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #1,074 of 1,697
Guys,channel imbalance is real

I cant use my easy-to-drive cans as the left channel is louder than right at normal volume

Is there a headphone out there that is closed back and moderately difficult to drive, which allows me to dial the volume on the Fulla around 9 o'clock

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #1,075 of 1,697
Don't think there are many cans like that out there.  Some of my hardest cans, like the T50RP and HD 6XX only need around 8:30 for most songs.

And funnily enough they're still channel imbalance at 8:30 on my unit :c

Our best bet is to lower system volume to 50% or so and turn up the pot until Schiit figures their schiit out.

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #1,078 of 1,697
  Channel IMBA is the physical nature of the pot. It's like that with guitar amps (although not stereo), it goes from quiet to loud really fast. The solution is to put a hi/lo gain switch. That's pretty much it. 

I am not sure if its due to missing Hi/Lo gain switch

I have Schiit Magni which doesn't have the gain switch, but there is no channel imbalance

My take is the volume pot on Fulla 2 is not a quality component

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,079 of 1,697
  I am not sure if its due to missing Hi/Lo gain switch

I have Schiit Magni which doesn't have the gain switch, but there is no channel imbalance

My take is the volume pot on Fulla 2 is not a quality component

It's the same one they use in the Magni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back