Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #1,023 of 1,697
Can i output my sound from s7 edge to the fulla 2?

I have the same phone and it works fine with USB Audio Player Pro, not so well with other apps I've tried. No need for external power with s7 edge, however it will extend battery life of your phone.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #1,024 of 1,697
Thought I'd also add that my HTC One M9 seems to power the Fulla 2 just fine without the external power plugged in.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #1,025 of 1,697
I've been noticing a bit of buzzing with my studio monitors (JBL lsr305's) while there is no music playing. Its nothing over the top, but certainly noticeable. Is that the sound of my USB port, or is there something else going on? Otherwise I'm really enjoying this little gadget!

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #1,027 of 1,697
By cheater plug do you mean one of those plugs that adapts the 3 prong to the 2 prong? Or something else? Everything I have is grounded with 3 prongs.

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #1,028 of 1,697
By cheater plug do you mean one of those plugs that adapts the 3 prong to the 2 prong? Or something else? Everything I have is grounded with 3 prongs.

Yes if one of them is on cheater plug it will separate the grounds. I use cheater plug for monitors. I have power strip coming out of cheater plug and only two monitors plugged into that power strip. Big change by doing that for my home.

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #1,031 of 1,697
I'm thinking about picking this one up. Is anyone able to compare the Fulla 2 with the SMSL M3 (and FiiO E10k)? There don't appear to be that many comparisons online, but so far what I've gathered is that the M3 is a little better/more powerful than the FiiO. I would assume the Fulla 2 is better than both?

The Fulla 2 is more expensive, especially in Europe, but I've found a used unit listed at the same price as the M3 (and E10k), so that's mainly why I'm considering it.

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,032 of 1,697
I can only compare to the E10K, as I've had that one until recently and upgraded to the Fulla 2. Significant sound improvement, no question there. For the E10K I had to enable bass boost to get any bass at all pretty much, bt with the Fulla 2 it's crystal clear and tight, oh my god.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,033 of 1,697
I'm thinking about picking this one up. Is anyone able to compare the Fulla 2 with the SMSL M3 (and FiiO E10k)? There don't appear to be that many comparisons online, but so far what I've gathered is that the M3 is a little better/more powerful than the FiiO. I would assume the Fulla 2 is better than both?

The Fulla 2 is more expensive, especially in Europe, but I've found a used unit listed at the same price as the M3 (and E10k), so that's mainly why I'm considering it.

I have owned all 3. My co-worker bought m3 from me and my other friend bought E10K from me. The DAC on fulla 2 is what puts it apart. It sounds much better. Fulla 2 was very annoying with low impedance cans iems because of channel mismatch and scratchy pot. I would have really liked Fulla 2 with less power and better volume control at lower volumes.
M3 I liked better than E10K. Out of the three Fulla 2 would be my pick. But if I had only low impedance cans I would just settle with m3 unless you don't mind using windows volume control and the other negatives that come with that.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,035 of 1,697
Agree that less power + better vol control would have been desirable.

Anyone who received Fulla 2 without any channel imbalance got lucky

Count me lucky then. However, my pot is scratchy below 12 o'clock. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back