Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #346 of 1,697
​Your phone is probably just not putting out enough power to drive the Fulla 2 directly.  Few phones can.  I have a (so far very short) list of phones that can on the first post of this thread.

Try first connecting a USB charger or battery pack to the Fulla 2's 'power-only' USB port, and then connect your phone to the other USB port and the Fulla 2 should start working as intended.

If it still isn't working, you may have gotten one of the early faulty units, and I would contact Schiit directly to find out for sure.

Latest model for the one plus one?

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #347 of 1,697
Would you mind sharing how you gott Fulla 2 working with Android phone?

I put OTG-c cable and USB-microUSB cable to connect Galaxy S4 to Fulla 2, and nothing happened. I measured USB power, and phone was feeding 4.1V to Fulla 2.

Is there a music player app that I need to download and install on my phone to recognize Fulla 2?

Thank you in advance.

USB Audio Player Pro works wonders for usb dacs on Android. Works with my gs7 edge with no secondary power connected.

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #349 of 1,697
First post!  Hi everyone...

Just returned my Fulla 1 (still within Amazon return window by a few days, phew!) and ordered the Fulla 2, will arrive before New Year's.  
Very excited.  I'm still using the Senn HD598 Cs that I got in order to be work friendly, since I love my old HD595's so much.  I wish I could find something closed back that I liked substantially more with the Fulla than the 598's.  But what I really truly want is a pair of open backs that I can wear at work, and I sadly think that doesn't exist.  Otherwise rocking an ancient ThinkPad X60 with no enter key, Xubuntu, and GAudioStreamer over ALAC.

Hope the new eye candy factor in the Fulla2 doesn't get it stolen off my desk at work.  I can't quite justify the effort to unplug and put it away in my drawer every night, since I wouldn't actually lock the drawer.  And thusfar work has been pretty safe.  We'll hope that most people don't know what a DAC is, let alone what a monster this one is.  But at $99 I shall cope if someone takes a fancy to it.  Gateway drug.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #350 of 1,697
It's been about 24 hours with the fulla 2 and compared to my onboard audio there is a very noticeable improvement in quality.  Onboard was Realtek ALC1150 on a msi m5 MB.  I have it paired with my ATH-AD700x headphones and I now get a much fuller sound considering how little bass these headphones have to begin with.  Shipping took about 2 weeks to montreal and I had to pay an extra 30 bucks of customs fees so it ended up being a little pricier than I thought, but overall I'm very happy with the quality.  Being the first external amp/dac I've owned I don't really have anything to compare it to but it still gets a thumbs up from me.

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #351 of 1,697
It's been about 24 hours with the fulla 2 and compared to my onboard audio there is a very noticeable improvement in quality.  Onboard was [COLOR=555555]Realtek ALC1150 on a msi m5 MB.  I have it paired with my ATH-AD700x headphones and I now get a much fuller sound considering how little bass these headphones have to begin with.  Shipping took about 2 weeks to montreal and I had to pay an extra 30 bucks of customs fees so it ended up being a little pricier than I thought, but overall I'm very happy with the quality.  Being the first external amp/dac I've owned I don't really have anything to compare it to but it still gets a thumbs up from me.[/COLOR]
Next upgrade is your headphones so you can really see what the Fulla 2 can do. Those AD700x are holding you back IMO.

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #352 of 1,697
Yeah I'm big into fps though so bought them based on that.  I've been shopping around for a pair more suited for gaming and general use at the same time.

Dream https://mrspeakers.com/ether/

Reality http://www.akg.com/pro/p/k712pro

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #354 of 1,697
Next upgrade is your headphones so you can really see what the Fulla 2 can do. Those AD700x are holding you back IMO.

There you go, being a Bad Influence!

L3000.gif

My wife told me about people like you.  Bad Influences give unsuspecting husbands terrible GAS.

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #355 of 1,697
USB Audio Player Pro works wonders for usb dacs on Android. Works with my gs7 edge with no secondary power connected.

​Is your Galaxy S7 still able to power the Fulla 2 if you use the standard music player instead of the USB Audio Player Pro app?

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #356 of 1,697
​Is your Galaxy S7 still able to power the Fulla 2 if you use the standard music player instead of the USB Audio Player Pro app?

The fulla 2 can draw full power from my phone, I don't think it matters which player I'm using, but the only ones that can play audio without sounding garbled are usb audio player pro and Samsung music. Neutron, play music, and rocket player didn't work.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #357 of 1,697
  First post!  Hi everyone...

Just returned my Fulla 1 (still within Amazon return window by a few days, phew!) and ordered the Fulla 2, will arrive before New Year's.  
Very excited.  I'm still using the Senn HD598 Cs that I got in order to be work friendly, since I love my old HD595's so much.  I wish I could find something closed back that I liked substantially more with the Fulla than the 598's.  But what I really truly want is a pair of open backs that I can wear at work, and I sadly think that doesn't exist.  Otherwise rocking an ancient ThinkPad X60 with no enter key, Xubuntu, and GAudioStreamer over ALAC.

Hope the new eye candy factor in the Fulla2 doesn't get it stolen off my desk at work.  I can't quite justify the effort to unplug and put it away in my drawer every night, since I wouldn't actually lock the drawer.  And thusfar work has been pretty safe.  We'll hope that most people don't know what a DAC is, let alone what a monster this one is.  But at $99 I shall cope if someone takes a fancy to it.  Gateway drug.

Welcome! Nice to see another Linux user. Xubuntu is solid... I ran it as my primary desktop for a few years... You shouldn't have any problems with the Fulla 2! I'm in a similar situation... would love to have open-backs, but my work and home situations are such that I pretty much need closed-backs. Been thrilled with the DT 770s though; can't say how they compare with the HD598Cs...

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #358 of 1,697

There you go, being a Bad Influence!

L3000.gif

My wife told me about people like you.  Bad Influences give unsuspecting husbands terrible GAS.

Hey, I like my AD700x over my Q701 and I think they rival the HD600 in terms of subjective preference! No way I'll give them away!
redface.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #360 of 1,697

Been thrilled with the DT 770s though; can't say how they compare with the HD598Cs...

A lot of people wrote comparisons of the DT770 vs. the HD598, which I felt wasn't really fair because one was open and one closed.  I'd love to know what people think about the DT770 vs. the HD598.  Now that I have the Fulla2 I'm probably going to see what my next closed back adventure is to pair with this amazing little piece of desktop joy... DT770 or Oppo PM-3 or...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back