Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #331 of 1,697

You almost did not get Your Ether C's Back
L3000.gif

I was watching you!

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #332 of 1,697
I guess if I were to use laser measuring my volume knob is off as well.  I would have never noticed if not for this thread.

Still don't care.  Love that they made nice and grippy with channel imbalance only noted at the very bottom of the spectrum.

Just an incredible value for $99

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #333 of 1,697
Need some info: Fixed Output DAC= Unity Gain? How many volt? IV or 2V?

Ok nevermind, its 2V.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #335 of 1,697
Need some info: Fixed Output DAC= Unity Gain? How many volt? IV or 2V?

Ok nevermind, its 2V.

​How do you know this?  The line-out's output voltage isn't listed on the Fulla 2's specs page.

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #336 of 1,697
Sorry for double posting but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the fulla 2 with a set of HD700's ? I've read they can be a bit bright on the high end especially if not paired up with the right amp . Thanks in advance for your replys

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #337 of 1,697
​How do you know this?  The line-out's output voltage isn't listed on the Fulla 2's specs page.

Under description:

Use it as a DAC. Connect to an external preamp or processor with the fixed 2V line outs on the back, or use the variable outputs for convenient volume control as well.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #338 of 1,697
Under description:

Use it as a DAC. Connect to an external preamp or processor with the fixed 2V line outs on the back, or use the variable outputs for convenient volume control as well.

​Ah ha.  Guess I missed that.  Thanks.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #339 of 1,697
  Anyone try the Nighthawks with the Fulla 2?

I have. I gave some brief impressions earlier in this thread. They make a great pair, good impact down low and detail in the highs. I feel like it gives them a little extra energy overall

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #340 of 1,697

The Modi Multibit is just a DAC, you'll need a headphone amp to use it from the start

Yes, I'm planning to buy an amp and I'm interested in the Fulla 2. But do you think this Fulla 2 (bypassing the DAC / using analog input) and the Modi Multibit would be a good combo for the AKG K701 phones? The Multibit is fine, but I don't know about the headphone amp in the Fulla 2. 

(Also would use the Fulla 2 DAC when travelling if it sounds well just with the fulla 2). 

In summary: I'd like to do something like this at home (if i get the fulla), using some RCA to 3.5mm adapters:

PC_Toslink -> Multibit -> Fulla 2 analog input -> A+B
A) Fulla 2 pre-amp output (KRK RP6G3 monitors)
B) Fulla 2 headphone output (AKG K701). 

Thanks!

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #342 of 1,697
Sorry for double posting but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the fulla 2 with a set of HD700's ? I've read they can be a bit bright on the high end especially if not paired up with the right amp . Thanks in advance for your replys

I don't have HD700 (150ohm) yet, but I tried Fulla 2 with HD600 (300ohm), HD598 (50ohm), and HD558 (50ohm).

HD600 + Fulla 2: there was noticeable loss of volume in the bass region, and sound separation was a bit different from what I'm used to from Burr Brown PCM1794 DAC and Magni 2 Amp. The highs sounded more "separated" with Fulla 2, and didn't sound harsh. It sounded just different.

HD598/558 + Fulla 2: I could not notice difference in bass, but again, Fulla 2 sounds different from PCM1794 + Magni 2. I don't know how to describe it, but AK4490 sounds to me as being a bit analytic vs Burr Brown's lush sounds. The highs on HD598 (among brighter headphones in Sennheiser open line-up) is not harsh with Fulla 2. PCM1794+Magni 2 gives better soundstage (wider) than Fulla 2.

I read HD700 has wider soundstage than HD600, so I would recommend getting a DAC (I don't know if Fulla 2 is better than Modi 2?) + Magni 2 to get the maximum possible openness from HD700.

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #343 of 1,697
Would you mind sharing how you gott Fulla 2 working with Android phone?

I put OTG-c cable and USB-microUSB cable to connect Galaxy S4 to Fulla 2, and nothing happened. I measured USB power, and phone was feeding 4.1V to Fulla 2.

Is there a music player app that I need to download and install on my phone to recognize Fulla 2?

Thank you in advance.

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #345 of 1,697
  Would you mind sharing how you gott Fulla 2 working with Android phone?

I put OTG-c cable and USB-microUSB cable to connect Galaxy S4 to Fulla 2, and nothing happened. I measured USB power, and phone was feeding 4.1V to Fulla 2.

Is there a music player app that I need to download and install on my phone to recognize Fulla 2?

Thank you in advance.

​Your phone is probably just not putting out enough power to drive the Fulla 2 directly.  Few phones can.  I have a (so far very short) list of phones that can on the first post of this thread.

Try first connecting a USB charger or battery pack to the Fulla 2's 'power-only' USB port, and then connect your phone to the other USB port and the Fulla 2 should start working as intended.

If it still isn't working, you may have gotten one of the early faulty units, and I would contact Schiit directly to find out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back