Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #1,471 of 1,697
Just got my Fulla 2 last week, using it with HD650s, so far it's been a noticeable improvement over the FiiO E10 I previously had connected to this PC, and also solves the channel imbalance issues at lower volumes I had with that amp, although it's still noticeable at the lowest end of the volume knob. Also had the pretty tight USB port fit. Other than that very happy with the amp. One question I have is about the DAC only line-out. With my E10 I used the line out to connect a Yamaha receiver, and just left it plugged in at all times. Is there any reason not to do the same with this setup? Testing it I've confirmed that both headphones and the DAC only line out both work at the same time, so it's just a matter of turning on my stereo and turning down the volume dial to mute the headphones when I switch. Any down side to doing this? I'd prefer not to be constantly unplugging the line out.

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #1,472 of 1,697
Picked one up a few weeks ago. No QC issues. A little bright with my headphones (ATH-AD900X), but UAPP helped with that.
Newbie. Loved music all my life, now its becoming an obsession. Modi and Magni are up next.

I think i like this schiit!
Upgrading your headphones will have a far larger impact on audio quality than changing dacs and amps, generally speaking.

Skip the magni/Modi, its more of a side grade than an upgrade, unless you need the extra power and can't afford to move farther up the line. A true upgrade would be the Modi Multibit and jotunheim combo. That paired with a nice midfi headphone can be endgame for many.

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #1,473 of 1,697
I've guessing they got a bad batch of pots from a supplier. During manufacturing some dirt or other material got in there, or maybe there are defects on a contact surface. I doubt this happened during the contract assembly stage that Schiit has more direct control over, or that they intentionally purchased a part like this. Just a guess based on past painful experience. Main thing is, congratulations on getting that sound out of there. And don't worry: it's hard to use too much of that stuff.
This has been the same issue for a year already.... Unless every single Pot they have ever put in a Fulla2 came from the same order and basically all of them are bad....

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #1,474 of 1,697
Upgrading your headphones will have a far larger impact on audio quality than changing dacs and amps, generally speaking.

Skip the magni/Modi, its more of a side grade than an upgrade, unless you need the extra power and can't afford to move farther up the line. A true upgrade would be the Modi Multibit and jotunheim combo. That paired with a nice midfi headphone can be endgame for many.
Modi Multibit doesn't sound anything like a Fulla2. It sounds like an old CD player from decades ago, honestly its not that great sounding if you are used to any sort of modern players.
Better to invest in an M8 or something else.

Sep 25, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #1,475 of 1,697
I'm seriously considering grabbing some electrical contact cleaner and blasting the pot with it.

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #1,479 of 1,697
Thanks, Interested to see how it turns out. I have a few things I would like to use something like that on.
My friend had a can and I used it on my Kilipsch speakers volume knob which was NATORIOUSLY scratchy....cleared it RIGHT UP. They are also known for their pots going scratchy. Worked like a charm. Will report on the Schitt this weekend. Should have it by then.

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,480 of 1,697
My friend had a can and I used it on my Kilipsch speakers volume knob which was NATORIOUSLY scratchy....cleared it RIGHT UP. They are also known for their pots going scratchy. Worked like a charm. Will report on the Schitt this weekend. Should have it by then.
Thankfully my Klipsch RP-HD10 has no real Pot since it has digital volume control that you can operate with a remote xD
But I have an old radio where the Pot is INSANELY scratchy now.

And my father has a few singing christmas decorations that have super scratchy pots now, would be nice if I could go over there and fix it for him this season.

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #1,481 of 1,697
So, anyone give contact cleaner a try? I sadly don't have a bottle lying around and haven't found time to swing by a store to pick up a can.

Oct 1, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #1,482 of 1,697
So, anyone give contact cleaner a try? I sadly don't have a bottle lying around and haven't found time to swing by a store to pick up a can.
Yes someone did, just one page back. As spray would have been easier than a brush, but it seems to have worked for him eventually.

Oct 8, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #1,484 of 1,697

Oct 8, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #1,485 of 1,697
And........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back