Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,486 of 1,697
tumblr_nlmh2f8I4D1tw90tyo1_r1_500.gif

Made it !!!

100 pages, baby! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #1,487 of 1,697
Soundblaster ZX is a card for installation on your PC with an external amplifier / volume control and software. It also supports 5.1 sounds like the most modern sound cards. It's completely different from a small DAC / AMP stereo that is geared to a quality sound - but above all as a stereo amplifier for stereo headphones. So if you're looking to build a surround sound environment on your gaming PC, the ZX (or something) is the way to go.

The Schiit Fulla 2 is a small portable device that works with the power provided by the USB data connection (if the connected device can do so). I got the upgrade on a 5 year old Realtek DAC motherboard on my PC but also wanted something small to use with my phone to improve the sound of that device (or my Chromebook or laptop). So it's very easy to use FULLA 2 for exceptional sound on any USB-connected device. But there is no unique software at FULLA 2. It's a headphone amplifier and a preamp. It will not directly guide passive speakers.

Schiit Audio uses high quality components to implement its high quality and useful designs. I did not see any detailed specifications on Creative ZX to be compared. If what you're looking for is a good sound for stereo headphones, FULLA is a cheap way to get started. And it can be used with any source device that can provide a USB datastream to a host (PC, phone, laptop, Chromebook).
with headphones sennheiser hd238 precision, i do not feel much difference between the hangover 2 and the audio embedded on the chrome book, it depends on the headphones?
translate by google

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #1,489 of 1,697
I just bought one. I completely love it. No QC issues so far on mine. Sounds fantastic. I feel like it was $100 well spent for sure.
Fulla agree! Using mine now since May 2017 with AKG K551 and excellent sound to my ears. Only issue I encountered is that you need a correct adapter for the K551 mini-jack plug or use the line out on the fulla2. Highly recommended!

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #1,492 of 1,697
Ehi! I got a simple question and I know I could find the answer in the 3D but there are 100 pages, baby! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I've bought He400i (actually He4xx), what's the difference between magni3+modi2 and the little I-do-it-all? I ve seen you in the m3 3D too
Magni3 has more output power. Doesn't need a TTRS adapter and uses a Current-Feedback topology with a lower noise floor.

The Fulla2 or a Centrance DACPort Slim is a better value though.

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #1,494 of 1,697
The HE-4XX is already TRS so it doesn't matter for the Fulla 2.

Just a heads up on the DACport Slim - it has a pretty high noise floor which can be audible for cans up to around 32 ohms. However I think it sounded better than my Fulla 2 when paired with my HD-6XX. There are a lot less features than the Fulla 2 though, so the Fulla 2 won out for me. No channel imbalance on the DACport Slim, but there is still audible stepping due to digital volume control having a defined amount of steps.

I've resorted to lowering windows volume to 70%. Theoretically the decreased bit-depth should have little to no effect because most of my music is 16-bit 44.1khz. It gives me more room to adjust volume outside of channel imbalance ranges.

Not ideal but until something else comes up with the plethora of features and a nice specsheet like the Fulla 2, it'll do for now.

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #1,495 of 1,697
The HE-4XX is already TRS so it doesn't matter for the Fulla 2.

Just a heads up on the DACport Slim - it has a pretty high noise floor which can be audible for cans up to around 32 ohms. However I think it sounded better than my Fulla 2 when paired with my HD-6XX. There are a lot less features than the Fulla 2 though, so the Fulla 2 won out for me. No channel imbalance on the DACport Slim, but there is still audible stepping due to digital volume control having a defined amount of steps.

I've resorted to lowering windows volume to 70%. Theoretically the decreased bit-depth should have little to no effect because most of my music is 16-bit 44.1khz. It gives me more room to adjust volume outside of channel imbalance ranges.

Not ideal but until something else comes up with the plethora of features and a nice specsheet like the Fulla 2, it'll do for now.

The fulla2 is a versatile all around unit. But unfortunately its a jack of all trades and a master of none.
Not that you can complain for $99, I wish it had lower power output though or a gain switch so that it was actually usable with IEM's or low impedance headphones.
Since the trend today is that most headphones have lower impedance.

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #1,496 of 1,697
Hey everyone, I posted in the HD650 thread but I thought I could ask here as well.

So I've got a pair of HD650 and a Fulla 2 to drive them. I've read a lot of posts about this pairing and I'm seeing some very different views on whether it is enough to power them decently.

It gets extremely loud but I guess it's all about sound quality rather than loudness. Do you think it might be a better idea to replace my Fulla 2 with something like the Magni 2, although I might have to wait a bit before I can invest in a separate DAC? My on-board Dell audio isn't great so I am wondering whether it will be fine with just an amp for the time being.

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #1,497 of 1,697
Hey everyone, I posted in the HD650 thread but I thought I could ask here as well.

So I've got a pair of HD650 and a Fulla 2 to drive them. I've read a lot of posts about this pairing and I'm seeing some very different views on whether it is enough to power them decently.

It gets extremely loud but I guess it's all about sound quality rather than loudness. Do you think it might be a better idea to replace my Fulla 2 with something like the Magni 2, although I might have to wait a bit before I can invest in a separate DAC? My on-board Dell audio isn't great so I am wondering whether it will be fine with just an amp for the time being.

My recommendation is to save up for a Magni 3 or Jotunheim with a Modi Multibit DAC. Those will be your best bang for buck upgrades to Fulla 2. You could also get a Magni 3 now and use the DAC line-out from your Fulla 2 to the Magni 3 until you can afford a Modi Multibit.

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,498 of 1,697
Litte question, I've discovered the bass boost feature for the Fulla 2 in Windows' audio settings. Does anyone know what it actually does? The only input I get is how much the dB boost should be and at what frequency, but when I try to replicate it with Equalizer APO it looks completely different (tested it with 6 dB at 80 Hz for both):

hIPlCtk.png

I've preamped the signal in APO to -6 dB, then used a Low-Shelf Filter with 6 dB boost 80 Hz middle frequency and fixed S. It's very similar, but Windows seems to do some magic to preserve a lot of volume towards the higher frequencies.

I'm trying to figure out how to replicate this behavior with APO because I dislike using Windows' built-in sound enhancements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back