Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #1,501 of 1,697
Ehi! I got a simple question and I know I could find the answer in the 3D but there are 100 pages, baby! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I've bought He400i (actually He4xx), what's the difference between magni3+modi2 and the little I-do-it-all? I ve seen you in the m3 3D too
I am also planning to buy one for my IEM, but not sure fulla 2 is enough or magni3+modi2 will be better?
Thanks!

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,502 of 1,697
I am also planning to buy one for my IEM, but not sure fulla 2 is enough or magni3+modi2 will be better?
Thanks!
I wouldn't recommend it, get the magni 3 if you have to buy Schiit.
The Fulla 2 doesn't work with TTRS Jack's (the type found on most IEMs, because they typically have mics) so you have to buy an additional adapter.
If u are only going to use it with a TRS Iem then yes you can get one but you still need a 6.35mm to a 3.5mm jack adapter.
If you are going to buy Modi + magni then also get something like an SMSL xUSB and feed the Modi through coax for the best sound quality.
I personally have a Fulla 2 and I haven't used it in a while outside of A/B testing due to the above reasons.

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,503 of 1,697
I wouldn't recommend it, get the magni 3 if you have to buy Schiit.
The Fulla 2 doesn't work with TTRS Jack's (the type found on most IEMs, because they typically have mics) so you have to buy an additional adapter.
If u are only going to use it with a TRS Iem then yes you can get one but you still need a 6.35mm to a 3.5mm jack adapter.
If you are going to buy Modi + magni then also get something like an SMSL xUSB and feed the Modi through coax for the best sound quality.
I personally have a Fulla 2 and I haven't used it in a while outside of A/B testing due to the above reasons.
For the fulla, I'm using TRS jack so it should be no problem. Will it come with the 6.35 to 3.5 mm adapter?

For the modi+magni, what is the purpose of the xUSB? Isn't it USB>modi>RCA?>magni>3.5mm?

Sorry I'm very new about this. Thanks.

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #1,504 of 1,697
To add another data point, I've used usb into schiit dacs on 5 different computers and never had a clicking problem, or any problems for that matter.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #1,505 of 1,697
Welp, just got my second Fulla 2 after managing to sell my first one at near full price.

Same electrical interference/buzzing noise as before. Perhaps even more so. It managed to use my IEM (CX 3.00) cord as an antenna to pick up even more noise lol.

When I'm using my headphone (ATH-A700x), I just have to make sure my wireless mouse (G403) and phone is a good 75 cm (2.5 feet) away from the fulla 2. With my IEM, the mouse and the phone has to be 75 cm away from the fulla 2 AND the IEM...

Guess I'll be trying to sell this one off as well... Maybe pony up the cash and buy a properly isolated dac/amp. I might send Schiit an email and see what they say.

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,509 of 1,697
Welp, just got my second Fulla 2 after managing to sell my first one at near full price.

Same electrical interference/buzzing noise as before. Perhaps even more so. It managed to use my IEM (CX 3.00) cord as an antenna to pick up even more noise lol.

When I'm using my headphone (ATH-A700x), I just have to make sure my wireless mouse (G403) and phone is a good 75 cm (2.5 feet) away from the fulla 2. With my IEM, the mouse and the phone has to be 75 cm away from the fulla 2 AND the IEM...

Guess I'll be trying to sell this one off as well... Maybe pony up the cash and buy a properly isolated dac/amp. I might send Schiit an email and see what they say.

Fulla has had issues with interference in the past as some have mentioned, I didn't have any issues with mine and I tested for it.
Have you tried to power it with a secondary power source?

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,510 of 1,697
It doesn't come with the adapter but they are only a couple $ typically.
In terms of driving it via USB all Schiit products have issues with their USB (especially the cheaper ones) where their USB interface makes popping noises consistently on quiet tracks.
My post will probably be edited / deleted since they don't want to own up to it and have decided to remove all information on this forum pertaining to it instead.

So basically you need another interface to drive it and that is also why I don't recommend the Fulla 2 since it's only USB driven.
But I'm looking for something I can use with my PC which only can connect by USB?

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #1,512 of 1,697
But I'm looking for something I can use with my PC which only can connect by USB?
Fiio E10K, Centrance DACPort, FiiO K1 among others (for small sizes).

Topping D3 if you want something that has "everything in one" like the Fulla 2.
Because the price is almost the same and I may upgrade in the future so maybe buying a powerful DAC/AMP will be better in long term? Or you think dragonfly black is more suitable for me?

It could be, or just a FiiO K1 if you want to keep it economical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back