Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 24, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #406 of 1,697

I tried HD600 with Fulla 2 and with Titanium HD/Magni 2.

I can hear noticeable drop in bass volume, and general decrease in "richness" of sound with Fulla 2. I suspect the amp is too weak for HD600.

That said, I paired Fulla 2 with HD598SE for office setup, and they work very well together.

Yeah, based on my understanding, the Titanium HD really tries to boost the bass. See if you can get the sound you like with some EQ/DSP?

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #407 of 1,697
Sound is very similar. Dacport slim is way smaller but lacks the nice features of the fulla 2. Dacport slim also runs really hot, which I'm not a fan of. If I was looking for a full featured portable desktop solution, I would pick the fulla 2. If ultimate portability is your goal, and you have no need for analog inputs or preamp outs, go for the DacPort Slim.

What about the dacport hd? Do you think the hd edition would hold up better vs the fulla 2? I am literally down to dacport hd or fulla 2 as dac+amp to drive my DT880 600ohms for desktop. Portability pretty much not relevant.

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #409 of 1,697
What about the dacport hd? Do you think the hd edition would hold up better vs the fulla 2? I am literally down to dacport hd or fulla 2 as dac+amp to drive my DT880 600ohms for desktop. Portability pretty much not relevant.

Spec-wise the DACport Slim is more powerful at the higher impedances.  Since the DACport HD is an improved version of the Slim with higher sample rates, more output power, and more features, I think theoretically it should push your DT880 600Ohms a bit better.

The DACports do have some noise floor when paired with 16-32ohm efficient cans though.  I was looking at the Fulla 2 to hopefully alleviate this issue and have a unit that can power things like my KZ ED9 to my HD 6XX, but I feel from the reports here that there isn't quite enough oomph at the high end on the Fulla 2.  My DACport HD and Slim both can bring out a good amount of low end on the HD 6XX when compared to some of my onboard audio.

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #410 of 1,697
Spec-wise the DACport Slim is more powerful at the higher impedances.  Since the DACport HD is an improved version of the Slim with higher sample rates, more output power, and more features, I think theoretically it should push your DT880 600Ohms a bit better.

The DACports do have some noise floor when paired with 16-32ohm efficient cans though.  I was looking at the Fulla 2 to hopefully alleviate this issue and have a unit that can power things like my KZ ED9 to my HD 6XX, but I feel from the reports here that there isn't quite enough oomph at the high end on the Fulla 2.  My DACport HD and Slim both can bring out a good amount of low end on the HD 6XX when compared to some of my onboard audio.

I don't plan on driving IEMs or very low impedance headphones with dac+amp so I probably don't need to worry about that. I can get the DACport hd for $110 on buydig so I might just get that. Fulla2 ends up costing about $105 with shipping so I am probably better off with the DACport hd. Thanks!

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #411 of 1,697
I don't plan on driving IEMs or very low impedance headphones with dac+amp so I probably don't need to worry about that. I can get the DACport hd for $110 on buydig so I might just get that. Fulla2 ends up costing about $105 with shipping so I am probably better off with the DACport hd. Thanks!

What magic numbers do you have to enter into buydig to get the DACport HD for $110? I didn't even see it listed...

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #413 of 1,697
What magic numbers do you have to enter into buydig to get the DACport HD for $110? I didn't even see it listed...

Just add to cart and check the cart.. It worked for me but it could have expired - it was on slickdeals all day today. Maybe it went by certain quantity before deal expired

https://slickdeals.net/f/9580936-centrance-dacport-hd-portable-amp-dac-109-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #414 of 1,697
Just add to cart and check the cart.. It worked for me but it could have expired - it was on slickdeals all day today. Maybe it went by certain quantity before deal expired

https://slickdeals.net/f/9580936-centrance-dacport-hd-portable-amp-dac-109-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all lol , sold out pretty quick it seems

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #415 of 1,697
I've been listening to the Fulla 2 for 5 days now and I am really impressed with the sound using my DT-770 250 ohm. The amp section works pretty well with these cans. I even plugged in my Klipsch X12i earbuds and I can hear a noticeable improvement in sound quality over listening to them with the ipod.

I'm using the USB out of my laptop listening to lossless music and everything works great.... however.... when trying to use the Fulla 2 with my i devices, NO GO. I bought the 30 pin camera connection kit for the ipod, and the lightning camera connection kit for my iphone and when connected, both just keep playing the music through the on board speakers...?... I shouldn't need the powered hub talked about on the Schiit website because i'm powering the Fulla 2 with 5 volt USB direct input, right??  I'd like to use the Fulla 2 as a DAC for my 2 channel system and listen to my ipod. I can only get it to work using the headphone out to the Fulla 2 analog input, but then i'm not getting the advantage of the nice Fulla 2 DAC. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #417 of 1,697
I've been listening to the Fulla 2 for 5 days now and I am really impressed with the sound using my DT-770 250 ohm. The amp section works pretty well with these cans. I even plugged in my Klipsch X12i earbuds and I can hear a noticeable improvement in sound quality over listening to them with the ipod.

I'm using the USB out of my laptop listening to lossless music and everything works great.... however.... when trying to use the Fulla 2 with my i devices, NO GO. I bought the 30 pin camera connection kit for the ipod, and the lightning camera connection kit for my iphone and when connected, both just keep playing the music through the on board speakers...?... I shouldn't need the powered hub talked about on the Schiit website because i'm powering the Fulla 2 with 5 volt USB direct input, right??  I'd like to use the Fulla 2 as a DAC for my 2 channel system and listen to my ipod. I can only get it to work using the headphone out to the Fulla 2 analog input, but then i'm not getting the advantage of the nice Fulla 2 DAC. 

Are you connecting power to the Fulla before plugging it into your phone?

If you are I would suggest contacting Schiit. You may have got one of the ones that are missing the chip needed to work with idevices.

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #418 of 1,697
Hi..I got one and so far,,,It only plays with my phone,,LG G4,,I have 2 tablets 2015 models,,can't get it to works,,,I followed instructions, ,provided power with 5V USB charger. .no luck,,,disappointed

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #419 of 1,697
Are you connecting power to the Fulla before plugging it into your phone?

If you are I would suggest contacting Schiit. You may have got one of the ones that are missing the chip needed to work with idevices.

Yes, I made sure to connect the USB power prior to plugging in the phone or ipod. I will contact Schiit this week... that is weird because I had to wait for my Fulla 2 to ship because they were supposedly waiting for the correct parts to arrive for the i connectivity....

Thanks Jacobh

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #420 of 1,697

I don't know about the 30-pin issue but try using a few different micro-USB cables because some of them that you have may be 'power only' micro-USB cables and won't be able to transmit any data.

Also, only use a CCK that you bought from an authorized reseller.  If you bought it online from an unauthorized reseller, it could be a fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back