Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #436 of 1,697
Dont get me wrong, the Fulla2 is a great little DAC/Amp and sounds great.  It just doesnt have enough power for my cans.  I'll see how much extra cash I raise over the next week and a half before I figure out if I have to send it back for credit or keep it to use even in part. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #437 of 1,697
While the Fulla 2  Is a Swiss army knife the one thing as expected being its power source is certain HP's need more Juice as I foudn with My Fostex and Beyer DT990 600 Ohms. It will do the job but it's a little out of it's element.. However with easy to drive hp's its does a terrific job. I use the Fulla 2 As a DAC and use its line out to my Magni 2 Uber and then Take the Fulla 2 If I am traveling. I Understand the Jot is a Power house. Depending on your aspirations it could easily be an End Game Amp.

I am still wondering how my dt990 pro 250 going to perform :disappointed:Pretty much bought it for these

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #438 of 1,697
While the Fulla 2  Is a Swiss army knife the one thing as expected being its power source is certain HP's need more Juice as I foudn with My Fostex and Beyer DT990 600 Ohms. It will do the job but it's a little out of it's element.. However with easy to drive hp's its does a terrific job. I use the Fulla 2 As a DAC and use its line out to my Magni 2 Uber and then Take the Fulla 2 If I am traveling. I Understand the Jot is a Power house. Depending on your aspirations it could easily be an End Game Amp.

I am still wondering how my dt990 pro 250 going to perform :disappointed:Pretty much bought it for these

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #439 of 1,697

You did read the specs, right? The Fulla 2 is rated at 40 mw into 300 ohms. It certainly won't be a powerhouse into your 990's.

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #441 of 1,697
Well according to schiit it should work well. And considering they have half of the resistance of the 600ohm version. Id expect i would work fine. Will see

At 260 mw into 300 ohms, the Magni 2 would be a much better choice for your cans. IMHO

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #442 of 1,697
Well according to schiit it should work well. And considering they have half of the resistance of the 600ohm version. Id expect i would work fine. Will see

The Fulla 2 can drive the the 300 ohm Sennheiser HD650, reasonably well. Is it a perfect pairing? No. Do the 650s get loud? Absolutely. Now before someone jumps in and says amplification is more than just volume, I completely agree. The HD650s will sound better with better amplification. The problem is that better amplification will in essence double the cost. Assuming you don't already have a dac, going either Fulla 2 out to a Magni 2 or a Schiit stack will run at least $200. If your budget is ~$100, the Fulla 2 is pretty damn amazing. It also giver you the flexibility to eventually add an additional amp in the future.

If you do get the Fulla 2 let us all know what you think of it paired with the 250 ohm 990s. I've been using my Fulla 2 with my laptop and my 650s the last couple of days and have been generally happy with the versatility/portability and general sound quality.

Oh, I almost forgot, in my experience your source material will impact the difference quite heavily. If you are using Spotify/Google Play Music/Apple Music, the advantages of better amping might not be as apparent. At least I found that to be the case when testing the 650s with the Fulla 2/Aune X1s/SD793, Tidal Hifi/Google Music/various FLAC files.

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #443 of 1,697
I subscribe to the adage of using the proper tool for the job. The Fulla is not the proper tool for listening to high z cans.

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #444 of 1,697
I subscribe to the adage of using the proper tool for the job. The Fulla is not the proper tool for listening to high z cans.

While I agree in principal, if one has limited means to adhere to this subscription, the fulla 2 seems like a fantastic gateway to good audio.

Sadly myself and many other members here I am sure, have a love of good audio, with a deficiency in liquid funds. With the price of previously flagship headphones coming into the realms of a realistic goal to many, it is great to have more affordable source components popping up into the fold to get the ball rolling.

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #445 of 1,697
Has anyone tried the fulla 2 with a low impedence IEM like se535? I hear a moderate amount of hissing/static when using se535 with the fulla 2.

I also want to note my dissapointment in the build quality of the fulla 2. One of the PCB standoffs used to secure the PCB was completely separated from the board, which resulted in the screw spinning freely. The USB connections were impossible to make. I had to open up the fulla 2 and re-solder the standoff to the board to properly align the USB ports. The USB connection is still very hard to make, and I have to angle the cable connector to make the connection. All the screw heads are partially stripped, and came from the factory like that. There is also audible static when rotating the volume knob.

I don't care if this is a $99 piece. A company's integrity should hold constant, and the fulla2 feels like it was rushed to market. This will be the last time I purchase a schiit product, and this is coming from a guy who already owns a Bimby, Lyr2 and a Wyrd. When it comes time to upgrade I won't be looking at Gumby/MJ2.

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #446 of 1,697
Has anyone tried the fulla 2 with a low impedence IEM like se535? I hear a moderate amount of hissing/static when using se535 with the fulla 2.

I also want to note my dissapointment in the build quality of the fulla 2. One of the PCB standoffs used to secure the PCB was completely separated from the board, which resulted in the screw spinning freely. The USB connections were impossible to make. I had to open up the fulla 2 and re-solder the standoff to the board to properly align the USB ports. The USB connection is still very hard to make, and I have to angle the cable connector to make the connection. All the screw heads are partially stripped, and came from the factory like that. There is also audible static when rotating the volume knob.

I don't care if this is a $99 piece. A company's integrity should hold constant, and the fulla2 feels like it was rushed to market. This will be the last time I purchase a schiit product, and this is coming from a guy who already owns a Bimby, Lyr2 and a Wyrd. When it comes time to upgrade I won't be looking at Gumby/MJ2.

With that laundry list of problems, why didn't you send it back?

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #447 of 1,697

*Deleted due to @Mr Rick beating me to the punch with the previous post.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 26, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #448 of 1,697

*Deleted due to @Mr Rick beating me to the punch with the previous post.

I liked yours better.
L3000.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #450 of 1,697

If you do get the Fulla 2 let us all know what you think of it paired with the 250 ohm 990s. I've been using my Fulla 2 with my laptop and my 650s the last couple of days and have been generally happy with the versatility/portability and general sound quality.

If i am desapointed with the final result of the dt990 pro 250ohm , can any of u guys point out some headphone that could work well with the fulla2 ?  in the same patern of sound .. i kinda like warm / V shape sound considering i play plenty of video game / movie and some music ... all kind of music ... but i hate boomy / bloated bass .. great quantity of bass is fine but controled ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back