Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 14, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #586 of 2,799
Hope you upgrade to Lyr2 and talk about the upgrade.... so I don't have to.

** Update ** this was supposed to be a reply to another post... annoyed I can't simply delete it.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #587 of 2,799

I think it's much more likely placebo effect or exaggeration, at best.  Doesn't Stereophile test polarity?  Maybe they'll do a write-up.

I think they test whether the signal is inverted relative to the input, i.e. absolute phase ("absolute phase refers the phase of the reproduced signal relative to the original signal, retaining the original polarity." Wikipedia)
In question here is the polarity of one stereo channel compared to the other.

Edit: I thought a quote from Wikipedia might be more palatable than a quote from THX or WE

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #588 of 2,799
I think they test whether the signal is inverted relative to the input, i.e. [COLOR=252525]absolute phase[/COLOR] ("[COLOR=252525]absolute phase refers the phase of the reproduced signal relative to the original signal, retaining the original [/COLOR]polarity
[COLOR=252525]." Wikipedia[/COLOR])
In question here is the polarity of one stereo channel compared to the other.

Edit: I thought a quote from Wikipedia might be more palatable than a quote from THX or WE

Yes, because absolute phase is so much easier to say and write than polarity.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #590 of 2,799
Bimby ordered, it will be compared to upgraded Havana, it will have to perform well in order to unseat havana

and now the anticipation of waiting on fedex 
frown.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #591 of 2,799
Received the Bimby today !

but no way to install the USB driver : I'm stuck with a "Please connect the CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device" message....

tried Bimby ON/OFF, different (working) short cables, with or without a hub (regen), on different ports, before/after reboot, different computers and OS (XP & 7) nothing seems to work :frowning2:

contacted Schiit earlier (4 hours ago) and no reply yet.... aaaargh, super frustrating!
I've read that some experienced difficult install with Win7 (I run Ultimate sp1) but neither forums tricks worked.

Any idea? (other than DOA Bimby)

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #592 of 2,799
  Received the Bimby today !

but no way to install the USB driver : I'm stuck with a "Please connect the CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device" message....

tried Bimby ON/OFF, different (working) short cables, with or without a hub (regen), on different ports, before/after reboot, different computers and OS (XP & 7) nothing seems to work :frowning2:

contacted Schiit earlier (4 hours ago) and no reply yet.... aaaargh, super frustrating!
I've read that some experienced difficult install with Win7 (I run Ultimate sp1) but neither forums tricks worked.

Any idea? (other than DOA Bimby)

This doesn't help with USB problem, but to check that the rest of the Bimby is working, have you tried the optical or coaxial inputs?

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #593 of 2,799
Now you're gonna make me cry : I have optical and coax outs on the the iDSD micro but no cable to connect to Bimby ...

triportsad.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #594 of 2,799

Use the older driver - 1.03.

http://schiit.com/public/upload/drivers/Schiit_USB_1_03.zip

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #595 of 2,799
Its funny, now my Project Debut Carbon Turntable with Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge sounds more digital than my MultiBifrost. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #597 of 2,799

Use the older driver - 1.03.

http://schiit.com/public/upload/drivers/Schiit_USB_1_03.zip

Forgot to add that to the list of 'tried'...
Also tried the ASIO drivers.

What's strange (?) is that I have access to the chip firmware, since it appears as Schiit USB Audio Gen 2 in the device manager. Some Windows schiit is at play here for a change...

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #598 of 2,799
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #599 of 2,799
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #600 of 2,799
Came home during lunch and Mr. frosty made it home! Only had time to enjoy unpacking and setting it for warm up. Hopefully, I have time to listen to it tonight briefly, but I probably won't have time until tomorrow night. Still, I'm glade to have it back. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back